• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
I only started doing deadlifts again recently so I am still working back to heavy weights, but I just watched a gym fail video and am freaked out about doing mixed grip again at some point. So many torn biceps 😬
Personally I do exclusively double overhand with and without straps. From my perspective unless you compete in powerlifting there is no reason to mix grip and it does carry that little extra risk with it. From a mechanical perspective you are training one shoulder internally rotated and one externally rotated which could lead issues in the medium to long term that to me are avoidable.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
178lbs right now after cutting down 15lbs from the beginning of the year. I'd like to cut a few more pounds, but my lifts usually start to tank below 175lbs, so I'm hovering in this range for now. I feel like my back has some potential for growth, so I plan to focusing some effort there when I start to lean bulk in the fall. Thoughts?

Progress pics:
1JTRG5om.jpg

Rtl6ln3m.jpg

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
178lbs right now after cutting down 15lbs from the beginning of the year. I'd like to cut a few more pounds, but my lifts usually start to tank below 175lbs, so I'm hovering in this range for now. I feel like my back has some potential for growth, so I plan to focusing some effort there when I start to lean bulk in the fall. Thoughts?

Progress pics:
1JTRG5om.jpg

Rtl6ln3m.jpg

Nice work man, keep it up!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Comparing these two videos is pretty hilarious. First guy has failed the 10,000 calorie challenge 3 times before and fails again. Second guy just downs 12,000 every day.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

Progress pics:
1JTRG5om.jpg

Rtl6ln3m.jpg

god damn we got some buff studs on ERA

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gonna join this community to up my game a bit. I need to stop being a fitness introvert.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
A couple more back shots after back day. Feeling pretty good about my definition. But I'm still pushing for more 💪🏻

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
geezus effin how much do you weigh? dem delts are delicious!

I weigh less than people always have me pegged at haha.

this morning i was 169.6. i hover between 168-171 or so. if im bulking, ill get to the high 170s. I'm pretty lucky in that im a mesomorph; i can gain or lose weight pretty much at will. of course, that also means i have to be extra careful with my diet, because i can balloon the fuck up if im careless. D:

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I weigh less than people always have me pegged at haha.

this morning i was 169.6. i hover between 168-171 or so. if im bulking, ill get to the high 170s. I'm pretty lucky in that im a mesomorph; i can gain or lose weight pretty much at will. of course, that also means i have to be extra careful with my diet, because i can balloon the fuck up if im careless. D:

Nice man... You're a good 18-20 lbs heavier than me. Envious of those that can gain weight so easily.

It's against my genetics to gain even if I do it dirty but I'd rather remain lean as best as possible while putting on cleaner calories. What I'd give to be even a solid 10 lbs heavier... slowly but surely. Let's see in a year if I can put on 5-6 more solid lbs of muscle.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
Nice man... You're a good 18-20 lbs heavier than me. Envious of those that can gain weight so easily.

It's against my genetics to gain even if I do it dirty but I'd rather remain lean as best as possible while putting on cleaner calories. What I'd give to be even a solid 10 lbs heavier... slowly but surely. Let's see in a year if I can put on 5-6 more solid lbs of muscle.

I feel ya man. Gaining muscle and not fat is tough. I try to go up incrementally but it's freaking tough

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting ready to go on vacation so I basically washed every single piece of clothing I own (besides t-shirts) and tried on everything as well.

A mountain of medium size button downs are getting donated because my chest doesn't fit in them anymore. Any pants, jeans or shorts that were greater than 34 waist (except for some khakis I need to bring because they're the only ones that fit) are getting thrown away or donated.

However, there's still a pile of about 10 pairs of pants that I need to lose another 10 pounds to get into.

But I have a lot more room in my drawers and closet now...

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm getting ready to go on vacation so I basically washed every single piece of clothing I own (besides t-shirts) and tried on everything as well.

A mountain of medium size button downs are getting donated because my chest doesn't fit in them anymore. Any pants, jeans or shorts that were greater than 34 waist (except for some khakis I need to bring because they're the only ones that fit) are getting thrown away or donated.

However, there's still a pile of about 10 pairs of pants that I need to lose another 10 pounds to get into.

But I have a lot more room in my drawers and closet now...

Woot losing weight + shopping time!

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
there was a time not long ago i could barely lateral raise 12lbs. im now comfortably at 25. working out is crazy

Oct 30, 2017
I gain weight really fast, muscle and fat. It helps me be strong but losing weight is a lifetime struggle. I'll be back on it soon, my daughter was born healthy and happy, I literally lost 2 pants size just from the stress being gone from the pregnancy.

My body is a wreck lol.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
It is the weekend fitfam! That means chest day 2 of the week for me today and refeed day tomorrow! 💪💪💪

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have issues baking with Whey protein? Everytime i've tried baking with it the recipe either comes out differently from what the video shows, or it's just doesn't taste very good. I'm thinking that each protein is so different that it's hard to get it right.

I've only had 1 successful recipe using it and that was a non-baking recipe.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have issues baking with Whey protein? Everytime i've tried baking with it the recipe either comes out differently from what the video shows, or it's just doesn't taste very good. I'm thinking that each protein is so different that it's hard to get it right.

Well that's because whey protein doesn't taste

Oct 30, 2017

Depends on the protein used. Isopure is usually recommended for baking stuff.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
#roar

Do you do different lifts / weights / etc on the second day? I focus more on higher volume and upper chest on the second day. I've also started to do supersets as well.

Go get it!

I'm almost exclusively incline on both days, with some decline thrown in and some flat dumbbells. Flat barbell kills my right shoulder so I don't do it.

I've been on German Volume lately. Today was 185 10x10 on incline, which I got pretty easy, so Wednesday I'll be at 195.

Chest was my hardest grower, so I train it twice a week 👍🏻

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I'm almost exclusively incline on both days, with some decline thrown in and some flat dumbbells. Flat barbell kills my right shoulder so I don't do it.

I've been on German Volume lately. Today was 185 10x10 on incline, which I got pretty easy, so Wednesday I'll be at 195.

Chest was my hardest grower, so I train it twice a week 👍🏻

Nice! Looks like it is working quite well... I would say every part of my body was weak I am by nature a very slim / skinny guy that struggled throughout my teens and 20s weighing in the 130s lol

I've been doing each major body group 2x a week (but mixing up the exercises) and the other days throwing in HIITs / core work and my body is responding well so far. It appears that I have to really shock my body to get it out of its natural state in order to grow. I am most proud of my shoulders as I used to be very narrow looking and that just makes a guy look weak. Gotta keep pushing!