• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Heres a question, I'm working out every 2 days but I'm not doing cardio. Should or could I do cardio on my off days between strengrh training?

For context I'm 27 years old, 193 lb, and I'm doing a 5 min warmup 2 sets of squats, sumo squat, lunges, planking, push ups, pull ups all body weight while maintaining a high heartrate with a goal of losing weight, toning and has no trainer of any type anymore lol

Been at it for 1 month

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
Heres a question, I'm working out every 2 days but I'm not doing cardio. Should or could I do cardio on my off days between strengrh training?

For context I'm 27 years old, 193 lb, and I'm doing a 5 min warmup 2 sets of squats, sumo squat, lunges, planking, push ups, pull ups all body weight while maintaining a high heartrate with a goal of losing weight, toning and has no trainer of any type anymore lol

Been at it for 1 month

You can. It's not necessary for your goals but if you want to improve your cardiovascular fitness I would instead do your cardio on workout days immediately after your strength training so that you can maintain full rest days.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do cardio only because I'm already eating at such a big calorie deficit and dont want to add to it. Just do my strength training.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017

Been at it for 1 month
You can. It's not necessary for your goals but if you want to improve your cardiovascular fitness I would instead do your cardio on workout days immediately after your strength training so that you can maintain full rest days.
Plus, since you're not working towards muscle gains, the cardio after strength training won't interfere with your weight loss goal.
If you were working towards strength gains and mass, I would not recommend cardio immediately after a workout.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Plus, since you're not working towards muscle gains, the cardio after strength training won't interfere with your weight loss goal.
If you were working towards strength gains and mass, I would not recommend cardio immediately after a workout.
What about doing supersets of push/pull/core accessory exercises (i.e. I do these after my main OHP/BP/Squat/DL lifts) without breaks in between? I work up quite a sweat doing those.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
What about doing supersets of push/pull/core accessory exercises (i.e. I do these after my main OHP/BP/Squat/DL lifts) without breaks in between? I work up quite a sweat doing those.
What are your goals? You are doing some circuit style training. If you just want strength and size I probably wouldn't do it. It's more for conditioning for other types of ahtletics (martial arts for example).

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
It's like jvalioli said above, it really depends on your goal. I'd give yourself a 1-2 minute rest time between sets if you're going for strength and mass. And if you're going to do circuit training, do it a different day or around 6 hours after your workout. If you do too intense cardio after a lifting session your can break down the protein in muscle fibers and potentially lose out on strength gains.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
What are your goals? You are doing some circuit style training. If you just want strength and size I probably wouldn't do it. It's more for conditioning for other types of ahtletics (martial arts for example).
I'm looking to strengthen my back and core as a first priority, with aesthetics a second priority. Third, it'd be nice to never get winded when climbing steps.

It's like jvalioli said above, it really depends on your goal. I'd give yourself a 1-2 minute rest time between sets if you're going for strength and mass. And if you're going to do circuit training, do it a different day or around 6 hours after your workout. If you do too intense cardio after a lifting session your can break down the protein in muscle fibers and potentially lose out on strength gains.
Thanks for the responses.

I actually do it fast by accident - I only have so much time in the mornings, so my accessories can get short shrift unless I blast through them quickly.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking to strengthen my back and core as a first priority, with aesthetics a second priority. Third, it'd be nice to never get winded when climbing steps.

Thanks for the responses.

I actually do it fast by accident - I only have so much time in the mornings, so my accessories can get short shrift unless I blast through them quickly.
Strengthening the back and core specifically sounds a little strange but you know yourself better than I do :) Are you a lower back pain sufferer?

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Strengthening the back and core specifically sounds a little strange but you know yourself better than I do :) Are you a lower back pain sufferer?
Upper back, actually.

My Dad's side of the family all have hunched shoulders and backs, which only gets worse as they age. They all developed nerd neck before the age of computers and I inherited the same legacy.

I'm looking to remedy that as much as possible so that I don't turn into Quasimodo when I'm an old man. Part of that is strengthening my glutes so that they actually activate while I walk around and the rest is is strengthening my upper back muscles so that I stand with my shoulders pulled back as part of my natural stance.

As you can imagine, outside of the 4 main lifts, I focus on chin ups / rows / pull ups for my back and lunges / split squats for my glutes. I do weighted sit-ups on Wednesdays just to break things up though.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Had a pilar cyst removed from my scalp yesterday and stitched shut, not allowed to do anything requiring exertion for 4 weeks, as I'm on holding during that period it'll be 5 weeks before I can hit the gym again.

my GAINZ

Just going to do as much walking as I can in the interim.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Upper back, actually.

My Dad's side of the family all have hunched shoulders and backs, which only gets worse as they age. They all developed nerd neck before the age of computers and I inherited the same legacy.

I'm looking to remedy that as much as possible so that I don't turn into Quasimodo when I'm an old man. Part of that is strengthening my glutes so that they actually activate while I walk around and the rest is is strengthening my upper back muscles so that I stand with my shoulders pulled back as part of my natural stance.

As you can imagine, outside of the 4 main lifts, I focus on chin ups / rows / pull ups for my back and lunges / split squats for my glutes. I do weighted sit-ups on Wednesdays just to break things up though.

Get on facepulls and farmer carries and ensure you retract and depress your scapula when doing them.

Also check this video out: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJLx4Du3vU the j vs the s spine is a contentious issue but not why I'm linking it, pay attention to the part on walking and standing which helps activate the glutes and might be a help to you.

Last edited:

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Get on facepulls and farmer carries and ensure you retract and depress your scapula when doing them.

Also check this video out: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJLx4Du3vU the j vs the s spine is a contentious issue but not why I'm linking it, pay attention to the part on walking and standing which helps activate the glutes and might be a help to you.
Face pulls might be a little hard for me since I work out at home. Maybe I could lie underneath the bench and pull myself up though.

Also, thanks for posting the link. The push your heels together trick totally works.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Face pulls might be a little hard for me since I work out at home. Maybe I could lie underneath the bench and pull myself up though.

Also, thanks for posting the link. The push your heels together trick totally works.

Get some resistance bands and hook onto a closed door handle. Unlike other exercises with bands a face pull with resistance bands give the tension at the position you want.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So I can be quite the nervous wreck with new places and people, but today and cut off all thoughts and just did it. I signed up at my local gym! AND I asked to join a intro team so I'll be doing that first thing on Sunday. Besides this, in recent days I've changed my dieting, thrown out all unhealthy and have been eating healthy three times a day. I'm on my way out to buy the last things I need, like a scale so I can account for how many dl I drink when I drink water and juice.

I feel pretty happy about myself right now. I know I'll have to do a bunch of cardio since my first goal is to get rid of the beer belly. I found that I have strength training shoes in my closet in all new condition since I never used them not even once back when I bought them years ago. I think I'm gonna go look for indoor training shoes as well.

Also I haven't begun counting how many calories, carbs, fat and protein I intake yet. I'm gonna do that when I have all my scales (got the food scale already). And I'm gonna ask for a talk with one of their training coaches just so I can get into the habits and their equipment.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a long shot but does anyone here have any gym recommendations for places in San Diego? I need to train there for 2 days.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
So I can be quite the nervous wreck with new places and people, but today and cut off all thoughts and just did it. I signed up at my local gym! AND I asked to join a intro team so I'll be doing that first thing on Sunday. Besides this, in recent days I've changed my dieting, thrown out all unhealthy and have been eating healthy three times a day. I'm on my way out to buy the last things I need, like a scale so I can account for how many dl I drink when I drink water and juice.

I feel pretty happy about myself right now. I know I'll have to do a bunch of cardio since my first goal is to get rid of the beer belly. I found that I have strength training shoes in my closet in all new condition since I never used them not even once back when I bought them years ago. I think I'm gonna go look for indoor training shoes as well.

Also I haven't begun counting how many calories, carbs, fat and protein I intake yet. I'm gonna do that when I have all my scales (got the food scale already). And I'm gonna ask for a talk with one of their training coaches just so I can get into the habits and their equipment.
Well done on the positive changes so far!

The path to getting rid of a beer gut is mostly through your diet rather than exercise. Seriously, unless you're exercising for a significant portion of the day, the contribution the exercise you do at the gym to your energy burn (and fat loss) ends up being a rounding error when all is said and done. An hour of exercise burns the equivalent of a cookie. Most of your energy is spent keeping you alive.

I would taylor your exercise instead toward what you want your eventual fitness goals to be - if you want to be a marathon runner or a cyclist, by all means start working toward that. If you want to take up swimming, mountain climbing, gymnastics or weightlifting, start that now (however slowly - don't hurt yourself). Don't go through an intermediate stage you mightn't enjoy because you feel like you have to.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Well done on the positive changes so far!

The path to getting rid of a beer gut is mostly through your diet rather than exercise. Seriously, unless you're exercising for a significant portion of the day, the contribution the exercise you do at the gym to your energy burn (and fat loss) ends up being a rounding error when all is said and done. An hour of exercise burns the equivalent of a cookie. Most of your energy is spent keeping you alive.

I would taylor your exercise instead toward what you want your eventual fitness goals to be - if you want to be a marathon runner or a cyclist, by all means start working toward that. If you want to take up swimming, mountain climbing, gymnastics or weightlifting, start that now (however slowly - don't hurt yourself). Don't go through an intermediate stage you mightn't enjoy because you feel like you have to. I think it's kinda hard tracking everything I intake and lose, but I'm gonna have to learn and get used to it. I want it to be a lifestyle change.
Wow, I had no idea. I had hoped jumping up on the exercising bike for 10km a day would help me toward getting rid of the gut combined with my dieting. But yeah, I'm gonna calculate all of my dieting going forward, maybe talk with a coach about it. And I guess I could slowly strength train all-round as well. I think I'll get on the exercising bike just to get my body used to being active again.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I did this TDEE calculator and it gave me these results:

Current weight: 84kg
My goal: 75kg
Days to reach: 177 days
Target date: 28.02.2020

Just as a first step, might go for 70kg but it'll increase as I build up muscles I imagine.
Also I'm not setting up expectations for a set date. What I want is to keep track on how I'm progressing monthly, and adjust accordingly.
To me, the important thing is to take it a step at a time. I really hope to drop the beer belly in many many many months time.

BMI: 27.7 (overweight)
BMR: 1784 calories
TDEE: 1962 calories
Deficit calories: 392 calories
Daily calories: 1570 calories

It's my understanding I need to intake 1570 calories daily to lose weight.
So, today I tried keeping track for the first time, and here at 20:00, I've taken in 172 calories which seems oddly low and unhealthy.
I've had one meal of "skyr" (local healthy foods for breakfast), and one meal of tuna (114g), salad, carrots and cucumber for dinner. 100ml of orange juice and 300ml of water. Today was a free day though, so I unfortunately got out of bed late and have just stayed at home to rest. Normally I go for 10k steps a day as a base and drinking lots more water since I carry it around with me at all times.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
I did this TDEE calculator and it gave me these results:

Current weight: 84kg
My goal: 75kg
Days to reach: 177 days
Target date: 28.02.2020

Just as a first step, might go for 70kg but it'll increase as I build up muscles I imagine.
Also I'm not setting up expectations for a set date. What I want is to keep track on how I'm progressing monthly, and adjust accordingly.
To me, the important thing is to take it a step at a time. I really hope to drop the beer belly in many many many months time.

BMI: 27.7 (overweight)
BMR: 1784 calories
TDEE: 1962 calories
Deficit calories: 392 calories
Daily calories: 1570 calories

It's my understanding I need to intake 1570 calories daily to lose weight.
So, today I tried keeping track for the first time, and here at 20:00, I've taken in 172 calories which seems oddly low and unhealthy.
I've had one meal of "skyr" (local healthy foods for breakfast), and one meal of tuna (114g), salad, carrots and cucumber for dinner. 100ml of orange juice and 300ml of water. Today was a free day though, so I unfortunately got out of bed late and have just stayed at home to rest. Normally I go for 10k steps a day as a base and drinking lots more water since I carry it around with me at all times.
I don't think you are counting your calories correctly. 114g of tuna is probably like 150 cal by itself.

Water doesn't have any calories.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you are counting your calories correctly. 114g of tuna is probably like 150 cal by itself.

The orange juice is probably about 50kcal by itself too. I have no idea what's in skyr though - energy content in that may be higher.

Pachimari have you been using an app like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt to track your intake? It'll help immensely and is a huge step up over tracking by hand (which is what I did at the beginning).

If you're deliberately fasting, you don't necessarily need to combine that with eating extremely lean during your meals. It'll make you drop the weight faster, but it's hard on the mind and psyche, especially for a beginner. As you said, you're trying to make a lifestyle change, so you need to find a balance that's sustainable for you. The odd avocado toast or bran muffin isn't going to kill you if your average intake is maintained.

Habits are how you make a long term change and those take time to form. You're trying to teach yourself how to eat and for healthy eating to eventually just be what you do. Willpower is finite and if you rely on it too much, you will eventually crack.

I run a series of threads for people who want to lose weight. There's a number of resources in the OP that you might find useful, even if you don't want to follow along in the challenge.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

The orange juice is probably about 50kcal by itself too. I have no idea what's in skyr though - energy content in that may be higher.

Pachimari have you been using an app like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt to track your intake? It'll help immensely and is a huge step up over tracking by hand (which is what I did at the beginning).

If you're deliberately fasting, you don't necessarily need to combine that with eating extremely lean during your meals. It'll make you drop the weight faster, but it's hard on the mind and psyche, especially for a beginner. As you said, you're trying to make a lifestyle change, so you need to find a balance that's sustainable for you. The odd avocado toast or bran muffin isn't going to kill you if your average intake is maintained.

Habits are how you make a long term change and those take time to form. You're trying to teach yourself how to eat and for healthy eating to eventually just be what you do. Willpower is finite and if you rely on it too much, you will eventually crack.

I run a series of threads for people who want to lose weight. There's a number of resources in the OP that you might find useful, even if you don't want to follow along in the challenge.
Funny you mention it, cause I've just been playing around with the MyFitnessPal app these past 10 minutes but it's a little confusing. I wanted to add my dinner (tuna) to my diary but it counts it as oz, where as I count it as 114g weight. Also, when I added skyr to my breakfast it will only allow me to add a portion of 100g, when I ate 26.2g.

I'm not fasting. I'm just trying to learn how to calculate my calories.

All of my numbers are the energy (kcal). And my day looks like this:

16:45 : Skyr : 26.2g : 17.03kcal
17:00 : Orangejuice: 100ml : 42kcal
19:20 : Tuna, salad, carrot, cucumber : 114g : 113kcal
20:30: Müsli bar (21g) : 95kcal
21:00: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal
21:20: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal
21:40: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal : 17.6kcal

Is 'kcal' the calories I'm supposed to be counting?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Funny you mention it, cause I've just been playing around with the MyFitnessPal app these past 10 minutes but it's a little confusing. I wanted to add my dinner (tuna) to my diary but it counts it as oz, where as I count it as 114g weight. Also, when I added skyr to my breakfast it will only allow me to add a portion of 100g, when I ate 26.2g.

I'm not fasting. I'm just trying to learn how to calculate my calories.

All of my numbers are the energy (kcal). And my day looks like this:

16:45 : Skyr : 26.2g : 17.03kcal
17:00 : Orangejuice: 100ml : 42kcal
19:20 : Tuna, salad, carrot, cucumber : 114g : 113kcal
20:30: Müsli bar (21g) : 95kcal
21:00: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal
21:20: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal
21:40: Crispbread, cream cheese, meat : 17.6kcal : 17.6kcal

Is 'kcal' the calories I'm supposed to be counting?

When entering a food you can usually tap the serving size and switch to a measurement that makes more sense for you - oz to grams, for example. You can also adjust the serving size eaten using fractions.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
When entering a food you can usually tap the serving size and switch to a measurement that makes more sense for you - oz to grams, for example. You can also adjust the serving size eaten using fractions.
When I go to change the serving size from 100g to 26.2g of Skyr, it changes the number of servings from 1 to 26.

[edit] I made it work. I changed the serving size from 100g to 1.0g.

MyFitnessPal is reporting the same amounts of kcal that I've been calculating.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
When I go to change the serving size from 100g to 26.2g of Skyr, it changes the number of servings from 1 to 26.

[edit] I made it work. I changed the serving size from 100g to 1.0g.

MyFitnessPal is reporting the same amounts of kcal that I've been calculating.

Normally in that case I would leave the serving size at 100g and set the serving to 1/4.

Edit: also, if you want to show people your food you can set your diary settings to public and link to them on the myfitnesspal.com website.

Oct 25, 2017
So, Monday I'm getting another DXA scan. I'm nervous. I've been going ham on my diet and working out each day to really lower my body fat. I got a scan on 8/4 that said my body fat % was 25%. I'm hoping I'm down to about 21-21.5%. I ate at a pretty large calorie deficit while eating over 1g of protein per lb of body weight through the last month/month and a half. I've also done nothing but strength workouts. No cardio. I know I'm not massive but I'm not trying to be yet. I want to lose the fat before I start to bulk and lean up some more.

Contemplated on if I should post this or not. I feel like it doesn't show much of a change but I can see it in-person. I've lost my fat on my belly and the shape and form of my body is starting to come in. Pls don't shame me!

Left is mid July. Right is today. Mid July I was probably a tad over 25% bf which is where I was on 8/4.

Mi9kJvn.jpg

Will post results next Monday after the scan as they provide historical PDFs with past scans and changes.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So, Monday I'm getting another DXA scan. I'm nervous. I've been going ham on my diet and working out each day to really lower my body fat. I got a scan on 8/4 that said my body fat % was 25%. I'm hoping I'm down to about 21-21.5%. I ate at a pretty large calorie deficit while eating over 1g of protein per lb of body weight through the last month/month and a half. I've also done nothing but strength workouts. No cardio. I know I'm not massive but I'm not trying to be yet. I want to lose the fat before I start to bulk and lean up some more.

Contemplated on if I should post this or not. I feel like it doesn't show much of a change but I can see it in-person. I've lost my fat on my belly and the shape and form of my body is starting to come in. Pls don't shame me!

Left is mid July. Right is today. Mid July I was probably a tad over 25% bf which is where I was on 8/4.

Mi9kJvn.jpg

Will post results next Monday after the scan as they provide historical PDFs with past scans and changes.

I can definitely see a difference. Kind of curious why you want to spend money on a dxa scan tho.

Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely see a difference. Kind of curious why you want to spend money on a dxa scan tho.
Because it's accurate. I use them as motivation to keep me going. The amount of info they track is also incredibly comprehensive. It costs a whole $40 each scan. Not like it's hundreds or anything. Takes 5-7 mins.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think I know where I went wrong with the calculations last night. The crispbread and all is more along 70kcal instead of 17kcal a piece. I'll ready my MyFitnessPal app today.

The skyr breakfast should also have been more along 150kcal instead of 17kcal but I think my food scale must be inaccurate, maybe I can recalibrate it or something.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's accurate. I use them as motivation to keep me going. The amount of info they track is also incredibly comprehensive. It costs a whole $40 each scan. Not like it's hundreds or anything. Takes 5-7 mins.

Fair enough. I find that the mirror/clothes fit can do a better job for the average person, though. But if it helps you meet your goals, that's great.

Oct 25, 2017
Mirror clothes is great. But if my goal is to lose body fat and I'm already just Skinny Fat, I won't see much of a change in my fit of clothes. If I was much larger and needed to lose a ton, sure.

likewise their reports are incredibly detail and help me envision what I can target more on and also showcase visceral fat around the organs and benchmarks it versus other tests. It's the hidden fat that I can't see and causes serious conditions.

sample scan from their site:https://www.bodyspec.com/static/scan/sample_scan.pdf

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Mirror clothes is great. But if my goal is to lose body fat and I'm already just Skinny Fat, I won't see much of a change in my fit of clothes. If I was much larger and needed to lose a ton, sure.

likewise their reports are incredibly detail and help me envision what I can target more on and also showcase visceral fat around the organs and benchmarks it versus other tests. It's the hidden fat that I can't see and causes serious conditions.

sample scan from their site:https://www.bodyspec.com/static/scan/sample_scan.pdf

Dude, you're not skinny fat, you look great.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's not skinny fat. You look to be above average in muscle development although not in your athlete or bodybuilder level which is the progress of years upon years of intense resistance training.

Oct 25, 2017
My muscle mass is non existent. I never lifted weights prior. I did have a pretty significant gut. And my visceral fat was really bad. I was.

I'm talking about my before images and where I was even last year when I did this for 2 months. Fell off the train pretty hard. A front shot of my body is nicely hiding the large belly that extends out. It's not there anymore thanks to the last 1.5 months.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
DXA is probably the best way to measure this stuff so you're making the right choice there. I do them once or twice a year.

Are you really 25% on the left picture? I look fatter than you when I am 18%.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
My muscle mass is non existent. I never lifted weights prior. I did have a pretty significant gut. And my visceral fat was really bad. I was.

I'm talking about my before images and where I was even last year when I did this for 2 months. Fell off the train pretty hard. A front shot of my body is nicely hiding the large belly that extends out. It's not there anymore thanks to the last 1.5 months.

You've got some size and definition in your arms and definition in your chest. I also assume you're relatively young. Keep doing what you're doing and don't sweat it. You're doing great.

If/when I hit 170 I promise I'll post pictures and you can see the difference 😄

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From the pictures there is development there. Don't need to lift to be above average can even be genetics.

Oct 25, 2017
DXA is probably the best way to measure this stuff so you're making the right choice there. I do them once or twice a year.

Are you really 25% on the left picture? I look fatter than you when I am 18%.

I am. I probably was a tad over that as the scan was technically a few weeks later and I had already started my diet.

lmxOvso.png

It's missing a scan from April last year but you can see I made a pretty big 6%+ change between March - May of last year. I fell off the train. Tried getting back on with a new scan in September last year. Didn't even bother and started again in August (last month).

You've got some size and definition in your arms and definition in your chest. I also assume you're relatively young. Keep doing what you're doing and don't sweat it. You're doing great.

If/when I hit 170 I promise I'll post pictures and you can see the difference 😄

I wish I was young. 35 (36 in November).

From the pictures there is development there. Don't need to lift to be above average can even be genetics.

Thanks. Yeah it started hitting me this summer that I may have good genetics and if I just put a little effort in, I would look pretty good.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Yeah it started hitting me this summer that I may have good genetics and if I just put a little effort in, I would look pretty good.

When you look at the standard muscle mass it's low, for my height which is 190cm the normal muscle mass is 49kg to 59kg. Skinny fat is often seen as those on the low end of the spectrum with large amount of body fat, so look slim with clothes on but have a fat persons body with clothes off and still be low on the BMI scale.

Oct 25, 2017
When you look at the standard muscle mass it's low, for my height which is 190cm the normal muscle mass is 49kg to 59kg. Skinny fat is often seen as those on the low end of the spectrum with large amount of body fat, so look slim with clothes on but have a fat persons body with clothes off and still be low on the BMI scale.

You just defined me :P

Though, I will say, I'm not this anymore thanks to the last few months :)

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
My diet started this week so energy is starting to get zapped away. It does look like I'm already losing a bit of weight and I'm not too hungry. I also *still* have not completely recovered from my injury but was able to conventional deadlift 95lbs without pain. I've heard that I should be okay to deadlift conventional if I semidrop the weight at the top so I will progress a little bit next week.

OHP: 157.5x2. Should have hit 4. Probably bad sleep + not eating.

Bench: 257.5x1. Rep felt fine but moved really slow so I racked it. My drop downs after were shit so probably a good call. Will try again next week.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've figured out my calories and am tracking them daily. I think it's a little hard getting to 1700 kcal though.

That said, I went for my first session at the gym with an intro team today, and it was a lot of fun. Was there a bit early so did cardio, and after the intro with a trainer I went to try out all the equipment. Was a hard day, but it feels good, and it feels like change!

Now I'm eating a can of tuna, salad, apple and cucumber right after.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
is there some kind of quick life hack for doing lunges, even just doing them with my body weight ends up being a challenge

i mean you should be shooting for your Fitness Goal, but your traps and your delts are definitely not non existent.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there some kind of quick life hack for doing lunges, even just doing them with my body weight ends up being a challenge

i mean you should be shooting for your Fitness Goal, but your traps and your delts are definitely not non existent.

If you want to improve they should be a challenge. If you are struggling with body weight that's fine everyone has different strengths and weaknesses just keep trying to progress with the exercise, work on your form and you should see improvements in no time.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

You should try assisted lunges if there's an immobility issue. Just hold something while doing lunges

Last edited: