• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

DrsDjXG.jpg

- Final Fight Cabinet (Feb): Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Strider
-
Space Invaders Cabinet (Feb): Space Invaders Color, Space Invaders Black and White
- Golden Tee Cabinet (June): GT Classic '01, Golden Tee '2k, Golden Tee '99, Golden Tee '98
- Mortal Kombat Cabinet (Sept): Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
- Karate Champ Cabinet (Sept): Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, Caveman Ninja

Last edited:

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Might grab the Golden Tee one, if only for the absurd fact that it's legit the first time they've ever re-released those games. (There's a PS1 and Windows port of Peter Jacobsen's Golden Tee Golf. But other than that, nothing.)

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Will they use better parts for the sticks and buttons this time?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They have me in a vice with that Mortal Kombat cabinet.

These things have kept me away because of their size considering I stand a full two feet and three inches above them but I always dreampt of having a Mortal Kombat cabinet in my home as a kid and this is as close as I'm going to get without breaking the bank and having my fiancé kill me.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Weird, never heard of these. How are they, quality wise? Not the wooden casing, of course, but in terms of emulation, delay, screen?

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That Golden Tee one might do surprisingly well with certain sections of America. I hear it's pretty popular in non-standard game circles with middle-aged dads and the like, and they never get home ports.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Weird, never heard of these. How are they, quality wise? Not the wooden casing, of course, but in terms of emulation, delay, screen?
Not as good as you'd like, but hard to complain because they're a pretty good price (~$300)

EDIT: I should say, they're passable, but if you're a stickler for emulation and the best button/stick parts, you'll be disappointed. But not bad if you'd just like the novelty of an affordable, lightweight arcade cabinet for your home.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Oooo man! That Mortal Kombat one is nice. Hopefully one day I can have the money and space for one of them. They're pretty small and nice when i tried the rampage one at Wal-Mart, but my apartment doesn't really have room for it.

Maybe one day!

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
That MK one is absolutely something I'd be interested in, but what I've heard about the quality of these things hasn't been great, so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger.

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
There was a Plug and Play Golden Tee game for home, if they're super lazy it might just be that whacked in a cab. The Later Golden Tee games run on a custom x86 hardware with HDD and everything. Might be a bit much for their current hardware so probably looking at the earlier titles like 2K or something.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend got me a sf2 one for Christmas and I just finished changing out the sticks and buttons. I like it

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
With the build quality of the first set I wouldn't want to see what the Golden Tee one will look like after a short time.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Does the MK cabinet have the awful/unusable MK button layout? I was never able to get good with these games in the arcades because of the button layout (which only got worse with MK3).

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Wait, wasn't the Final Fight one already announced and supposed to be in the first batch? Why are they talking it up like it's a new reveal?

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they eventually start including stereo sound. The single speaker under the control panel thing is such a bummer.

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Just finished modding my Street Fighter 1up cab my girlfriend so kindly gifted me for Christmas. Absolutely love these things, MK has me tempted for another one.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I really want to get the galaga one for my Dad. When he was first starting his teaching job he would go to the arcade after school everyday and throw a few quarters into their galaga machine. Its his favorite arcade game.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Will grab the MK cab. Then mod the shit out of the guts

Yup. Got the SFII cab for the holidays. The joysticks aren't great, and the buttons are so-so. Got my display adapter in the mail, looking to pick up a half decent set of joysticks/buttons, and putting a Pi together is second nature at this point.

I need to pick up some risers too. But my dream of a psuedo arcade basement is looking more and more like it could potentially possibly happen.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
The only cab I've ever wanted and it's a perfect size for my small NYC apartment. MORTAL KOMBAT II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a slightly different note how difficult is it to change the arcade sticks and buttons on these machines?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god that MK 2 cabinet is so nice. I always wanted that and street fighter 2 turbo or super for my bar/rec room. Hnnnnngggg tempted

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The MK cab art is so strong that alone is tempting me, but hearing about the quality of these things, along with the fact that it'll probably just be an impractical novelty for me over time, will probably keep me from buying. Like if you are changing out all the components and putting in a Pi are you just paying $300 for a particle board cabinet?

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Something interesting from the press release:

"I can't help but beam with excitement when I think about what we accomplished in 2018 and what's coming down the road for 2019," said Scott Bachrach, CEO, Tastemakers, LLC. "This is just the tip of the iceberg for us as we continue to secure the licenses our community wants to see."
Fans have proven that they love to collect, play and display. Enter the space-saving Arcade1Up Counter-cades and Wall-cades coming in 2019 with all your favorite titles. Arcade1Up continues to innovate and bring the retro gaming experience home. For those with limited square footage, Arcade1Up has two new products designed to leverage the space you have in your home, dorm or office. Wall-cades are portable and designed to be hung on a wall or door delivering authentic gameplay and a showpiece that will be the envy of your friends.
Counter-cades are ideal to place on a desk or table top to display and play, the perfect item for those wishing to have a sizable collection. Both are being introduced to make use of empty space while still providing an authentic arcade experience at home.
"Whether you're an avid gamer or new to the category, there's something about Arcade1Up that emotionally takes you back to a simpler time," said Bachrach.
Arcade1Up will unveil the Wall-cades and Counter-cades with a full gaming experience at ShowStoppers booth E-15 and E-17 and at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) booth #21454 located in the south hall. More iconic Fall titles will be announced at E3.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The MK cab art is so strong that alone is tempting me, but hearing about the quality of these things, along with the fact that it'll probably just be an impractical novelty for me over time, will probably keep me from buying. Like if you are changing out all the components and putting in a Pi are you just paying $300 for a particle board cabinet?
I'm honestly hoping for $100 barebone built-your-own-arcade units with these awesome artwork, and let me install my own Pi and other HDMI devices, and custom controllers from the get go.

I would honestly wait for Christmas sales (seems like MK unit is coming in Sept. Bummer...). I picked up Street Fighter II cabinet for $175CDN ($130 USD!) at Walmart (clearance, probably) so I'd say wait for a good sale.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the MvC cabinet? Only one I'd be interested in
Enter the space-saving Arcade1Up Counter-cades and Wall-cades coming in 2019 with all your favorite titles.

Nice! I was actually looking at a barcade myself to save space that's cool that they'll have that form factor.
CES is live soon, so hopefully we'll see some impressions, remember the cocktail tables they showed off last year?
17-these-mini-arcade-cabs-actually-look-cool-hell-custom-cocktail-a.jpg

I would honestly wait for Christmas sales (seems like MK unit is coming in Sept. Bummer...). I picked up Street Fighter II cabinet for $175CDN ($130 USD!) at Walmart (clearance, probably) so I'd say wait for a good sale.
The cheapest I'd buy a these cabs are $150, but the lowest on clearance i've seen is $199 at least here in Nevada

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been looking at the Final Fight cab since they announced it. Might be the best one, at least variety-wise. MK wouldn't be too bad either.

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
How's the quality of these cabinets? I'm interested in the SF2 one, but Gamestop is the only retailer selling it in Italy, and they sell it for 500€! It may be cheaper trying to import it from the US...

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
How's the quality of these cabinets? I'm interested in the SF2 one, but Gamestop is the only retailer selling it in Italy, and they sell it for 500€! It may be cheaper trying to import it from the US...

The build quality of the cabinet itself is about on-par with a piece of IKEA furniture. It's totally fine. The LCD screen is pretty nice. I can't speak for the others, but the buttons and sticks on the SFII cabinet were pretty low quality and cheap. It plays fine but wear and tear will not be kind to those controls. I'm concerned about the Final Fight cabinet if they use the same quality parts since you tend to mash those buttons a lot in beat-em-ups.

I think these cabinets are really cool, but I modded the hell out of mine and put better quality buttons and sticks in.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
The build quality of the cabinet itself is about on-par with a piece of IKEA furniture. It's totally fine. The LCD screen is pretty nice. I can't speak for the others, but the buttons and sticks on the SFII cabinet were pretty low quality and cheap. It plays fine but wear and tear will not be kind to those controls. I'm concerned about the Final Fight cabinet if they use the same quality parts since you tend to mash those buttons a lot in beat-em-ups.

I think these cabinets are really cool, but I modded the hell out of mine and put better quality buttons and sticks in.

Was it worth it cost wise to do this plus the mods versus buying a DIY flat kit?

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
HOLY SHIT ! are you telling me all 3 mortal combat games are in one cabinet? that was my al time favorite game growing up. I WILL buy it.