• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
l2k2Cf0.jpg

Welcome to the official ResetEra thread for Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted for PSVR/PC VR!

uv4RD8m.png

DEVELOPER: Steel Wool
PUBLISHER: Scott Cawthon
PLATFORM(S):
PlayStation 4 (PlayStation VR and definitely not recommended playing with a DS4. Use Move Controllers); Windows (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive)
RELEASE:
May 28th, 2019 for both PSVR and PC VR devices. Digital release only for now.
LANGUAGE: English
GENRE: Virtual Reality Horror
MODE: Single-player
PRICE: $29.99
RATED: T for Fantasy Violence

xRm9zHC.png

"Congratulations, you've been selected to beta test The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience! While Fazbear Entertainment has had a rough couple of decades, in no small part due to the exaggerations (lies) about our company's past spread by a complete lunatic (lawsuit pending), we hope our new foray into the digital age will set the record straight. In this state of the art VR game, we've recreated scenes from the (heavily fictitious) Urban Legends about our company with the hope that we can finally move past these childish ghost stories and restore the public's trust in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. But before that, it falls to testers like you to squash any stray bugs while enjoying harmless fun that cannot harm you at all in any harmful way."

"Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for accidental digital consciousness transfers, real-world manifestations of digital characters, nightmares, night terrors, night sweats, or death."

7bAFgCv.png

YOU'RE HIRED
Time to get your hands dirty. Repair claustrophobic ventilation systems, troubleshoot broken animatronics that could activate at any moment, or spend your evenings cowering in the nighttime security guard office.
CELEBRATE
Confront your favorite killer animatronics including; Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Springtrap, The Mangle, Funtime Foxy, and Circus Baby.
FUN FUN PRIZES
Toys, Plushies, Bobbleheads, and candy candy candy! Earn super fun prizes you can play with at the interactive Prize Counter! Collect well hidden Faz-Tokens to unlock even more rare collectibles for more SUPER FUN FUN FUN.
PIZZA PARTY
Scenes from classic titles have been updated and remade for a fully immersive VR experience including; Five Nights at Freddy's, Five Nights at Freddy's 2, Five Nights at Freddy's 3, Five Nights at Freddy's 4, and Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location.

The Game Modes!
  • FNAF 1: Play in a virtual reality recreation of the original Five Nights at Freddy's, which has been updated extensively to fit the three dimensional experience!
  • FNAF 2: Play in a virtual reality simulation of Five Nights at Freddy's 2! Play as the night guard and try to survive until 6 AM!
  • FNAF 3: Return to the iconic Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction from Five Nights at Freddy's 3! As the security guard, do your best to survive until 6 AM!
  • Dark Rooms: Use a flashlight or a flash beacon to light up a small area of a very dark room! Includes multiple levels that have different goals and unique mechanics.
  • Parts and Service: Repair your favorite animatronics like Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy by doing things like reaching inside their chest cavities, pulling their faces off, and removing their eyeballs!
  • Vent Repair: Repair the vents and fend off any unwanted guests!
  • Night Terrors: Relive and survive the famous Bedroom from Five Nights at Freddy's 4! Featuring the Nightmare and Funtime Animatronics!
  • Virtual Experience: Come enjoy a game that was released just for players in order to help us curb the defacing stories that are being spread by some "complete lunatic"! These stories have, according to our very own Tutorial Unit, been reformatted to be funny and distributed for entertainment!
  • Prize Corner: Win fabulous prizes that may or may not do anything significant to the game whatsoever!
  • Tape Room: Oops! Seems like an error in our wonderful line of text! Please don't pay any attention to this obvious error!
2E4vSnD.png

Thank you so much for applying to our Help Wanted ad and we hope to see you all real soon! Until next time!
hi.gif

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. A few questions:

1. So, to confirm,, this is the first 3 games from PC plus parts of part four chopped up right?
2. Is this digital only, or physical in any region (I know Europe is pretty good at this for the VR stuff)

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they eased the difficulty considering you cant do fighting game combo levels of button input like the normal pc versions

Im down for scary, but frustration from straight porting the difficulty despite the steep difference in ability between normal and VR can fuck off.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they eased the difficulty considering you cant do fighting game combo levels of button input like the normal pc versions

Im down for scary, but frustration from straight porting the difficulty despite the steep difference in ability between normal and VR can fuck off.
Difficulty is wayyyyy down. Probably do to the inherent shakiness and inaccuracy of VR compared to traditional controls

This is easily some of scott's best work (ty full dev team). Right up there with custom night and pizzeria sim (shoutout to sis location too).

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know when reviews are going up? We were unable to find who to contact to review it on our site.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nice OT. A few questions:

1. So, to confirm,, this is the first 3 games from PC plus parts of part four chopped up right?
2. Is this digital only, or physical in any region (I know Europe is pretty good at this for the VR stuff)
1. Yes and a lot more features that are brand new. It includes parts of Sister Location too!
2. So far all I've seen is digital only!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Difficulty is wayyyyy down. Probably do to the inherent shakiness and inaccuracy of VR compared to traditional controls

This is easily some of scott's best work (ty full dev team). Right up there with custom night and pizzeria sim (shoutout to sis location too).
Thanks, that's a definite load off my shoulders, super excited now.

Hopefully FNaF2 is still amazing in Vr, still by far my favorite with the best animatronic designs.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Watched some LPs recently and this shit is scary and well made. People are finding secrets as expected. Scott Cawthorn continues to top himself with every entry.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, that's a definite load off my shoulders, super excited now.

Hopefully FNaF2 is still amazing in Vr, still by far my favorite with the best animatronic designs.
I'd say that this game is the best way to experience the older games. It improves fnaf 3 massively.

Alsoz, great job on the OT

Last edited:

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any of these yet, so might jump in with this version. Just need my index to ship :p

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Looking for those before I dig in.
Im predicting itll be the best reviewed in the series 82-85. One of the better made VR games. I will say that it is considerbly baffling how few reviews the series has given its popularity. Theres less than 8 for any of the titles
Never played any FNaF, is this a good one to start with?
Gameplay wise, this is the best way to experience these games. Story wise, you will be lost about most everything. As it is literally the last game in the timeline

Last edited:

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had more than a passing interest in this series, but this game definitely looks like the best iteration of what they have been doing in the other ones. Very interested to hear reviews.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Im predicting itll be the best reviewed in the series 82-85. One of the better made VR games. I will say that it is considerbly baffling how few reviews the series has given its popularity. Theres less than 8 for any of the titles

Gameplay wise, this is the best way to experience these games. Story wise, you will be lost about most everything. As it is literally the last game in the timeline
I totally misunderstood the op then, i thought this was a collection of the previous games re made in VR (it lists as FNAF1, FNAF2, etc) ?

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any mention as to when this will be launching on the Oculus store? I know it's out on Steam but I'd like to buy it on the Oculus Store.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I totally misunderstood the op then, i thought this was a collection of the previous games re made in VR (it lists as FNAF1, FNAF2, etc) ?
It is, but the story contextualizes the collection as a VR experience meant to discredit the horrible events that happen in each game. It's not the entirety of each game either(that I've seen at least), just the vast majority of fnaf 1-3 and parts of others

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
It is, but the story contextualizes the collection as a VR experience meant to discredit the horrible events that happen in each game. It's not the entirety of each game either(that I've seen at least), just the vast majority of fnaf 1-3 and parts of others
Thanks, I will wait and see what new players think then or maybe watch some youtube.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't I purchase this on PSN yet? I can't even search for it. It's like it doesn't exist.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I anticipate the lore videos far more than the games in this series. I assume we'll get some more slightly contradictory lore thanks to Scott C further refining the setting?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I anticipate the lore videos far more than the games in this series. I assume we'll get some more slightly contradictory lore thanks to Scott C further refining the setting?
Pretty sure the beginning of the game straight up tells you that most of the later games are just fairy tails.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Pretty sure the beginning of the game straight up tells you that most of the later games are just fairy tails.
It gets funnier cause the company behind this simulation project is saying that all the Five Nights at Freddy's games are purely entertainment titles and never ever happened in the canon universe. Basically they're trying to hide all the bad things that are associated with the Pizzeria as make believe because of a crazy random person (Scott Cawthon)

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom

From what I recall there's three FNAF canons: 1, 2, 3 and to an extent 4 is one canon, and some of 4, Sister Location and Pizza Sim is the second (that is: the original story is changed a bit for Sister Location, meaning that the lore of the first three games gets a bit unreliable for explaining what is going on), and the novella series is the third. So if this takes place in the original canon that'd make sense. Or it's the game lying again, which has obviously never happened in a FNAF game before ...

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
I need a deep dive postmortem on this series. I feel like games people don't really appreciate what a thing it is.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I need a deep dive postmortem on this series. I feel like games people don't really appreciate what a thing it is.
I've been thinking of doing a long thread about this but I think it would be a lot better if someone like Dusk Golem worked on it. Someone with better experience lol.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
So I bought this in the store at midnight last night, and try to play it with a controller as I don't have ps move.....

Imo this is completely unplayable with a controller. Going to pick up move controller on my way back from work to be able to play this. Can't wait :)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
So I bought this in the store at midnight last night, and try to play it with a controller as I don't have ps move.....

Imo this is completely unplayable with a controller. Going to pick up move controller on my way back from work to be able to play this. Can't wait :)

Without Parole said in his first impressions video the game is much better with moves.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't even realize you could play it on controller

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Without Parole said in his first impressions video the game is much better with moves.

Clearly. I played the first 2 levels of FNAF1 last night with the controller, and it is horrendous imo.
The main issue is that when you try to push the lights or doors buttons on the side, the camera loses track of the controller and you have to go out of your way to be able to press the button , like holding the light bar straight while moving the controller to the side, and the tracking is lost very often.
I tried changing my camera position but it didn't help at all. It quickly became very frustrating and I stopped and ordered move controller that I'm about to go pick up before going home.
Really wouldn't advise trying this with the normal controller, it really pissed me off last night as I never played FNAF and was really hype :) So can't wait for my first true sessions with the move controllers.

Despite the bad first experience, it was really satisfying in VR and really tense even in the first level (but I think also the controller issue added to the tension ^^)

I didn't even realize you could play it on controller
Honestly, consider that you can't. I mean yeah you can use L1 L2 R1 R2 for the doors and lights buttons, but it's so not fun. Can't wait to try with the move, checked a move gameplay vid last night after stopping and it looked really nice to play.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all and I feel comfortable saying this with no spoilers

Much like the rest of fnaf, corporate entities are presented as dishonest for the sake of their own asses.

Its almost as if they don't want people to know about the fuck crazy shit that was happening

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
From what I recall there's three FNAF canons: 1, 2, 3 and to an extent 4 is one canon, and some of 4, Sister Location and Pizza Sim is the second (that is: the original story is changed a bit for Sister Location, meaning that the lore of the first three games gets a bit unreliable for explaining what is going on), and the novella series is the third. So if this takes place in the original canon that'd make sense. Or it's the game lying again, which has obviously never happened in a FNAF game before ...
All fnaf games are canon from what i remember, books are separate continuity
Not at all and I feel comfortable saying this with no spoilers

Much like the rest of fnaf, corporate entities are presented as dishonest for the sake of their own asses.

Its almost as if they don't want people to know about the fuck crazy shit that was happening
Pretty obvious the corporation is doing damage control through light brain washing
one of the game over screens says "nothing was ever proven in court"

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so its not only a compilation but a follow up to the story too? Should i check the stories pf previous games or can I start here?

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom

There's certain things about the earlier games that don't match up well with the later timeline, and there's the original notion of FNAF4 being the "last" game in the series. It's easier to accept that there's been some lore development and retcons than try and web all the games together, as far as I understand.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on the length of the game? Wanting to stream it and I'm keen to see if I can bang it out in one!
Hmmmm, I'm thinking 6-8 hours total based on playthroughs ive seen. And thats by experienced players.
Oh so its not only a compilation but a follow up to the story too? Should i check the stories pf previous games or can I start here?
Im thinking the only ones youd need to play is sister location and maybe pizza sim. Rest you could pick up mostly from this game

There's certain things about the earlier games that don't match up well with the later timeline, and there's the original notion of FNAF4 being the "last" game in the series. It's easier to accept that there's been some lore development and retcons than try and web all the games together, as far as I understand.
I thought fnaf 4 was the last game for that character arc?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Im thinking the only ones youd need to play is sister location and maybe pizza sim. Rest you could pick up mostly from this game

Wow ok i just read the plots of both and yeah its pretty dark :)

So Help Wanted starts after these events and is presented as a vr experience reproducing the true events for entertainment and made by the original company, got it.
Just picked up my move cobtrollers, on my way home to play :)

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty obvious the corporation is doing damage control through light brain washing
one of the game over screens says "nothing was ever proven in court"
Its pretty neat how scott made himself and all the actual video games canon in fnaf lore in one fell swoop. While also adding a lot more to background elements of the lore whilst doing so. The man likes neat details