• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...Title=Five+Nights+at+Freddy's+VR:+Help+Wanted

Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted

Platform: PlayStation 4

Rating Category: T

Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence

Rating Summary: This is a VR puzzle/horror game in which players assume the role of a repair person tasked with monitoring/repairing animatronic characters at a pizzeria. From a first-person perspective, players explore dark hallways, complete puzzles, and try to avoid menacing, malfunctioning animatronic figures. The game contains frequent screams and jump scares, with the words "You Are Dead" appearing on screen after players are attacked.

Personally never played the games, only ever watched Let's Play but I could dig a VR game based on the same gameplay.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I knew there was a subconscious reason why I never played Five nights at Freddy's : I was unknowingly waiting for the VR port :)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wow it's coming sooner than I expected! I knew that Scott Cawthon was working on a project with VR but it thought it would take longer!

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I knew there was a subconscious reason why I never played Five nights at Freddy's : I was unknowingly waiting for the VR port :)

I will say from the description it seems to be a bit more than a simple port. Since the ESRB seems to imply there will be some form of exploration.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I will say from the description it seems to be a bit more than a simple port. Since the ESRB seems to imply there will be some form of exploration.
This is even better, as long as free walk is available, don't want no teleportation stuff in my VR games (sorry for people who feel sick using a VR helmet :s)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Never been interested in these games until now lol. Story/lore stuff looked intriguing but the gameplay was very dull imo, adding some minor exploration and more visual storytelling would be pretty neat

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Never been interested in these games until now lol. Story/lore stuff looked intriguing but the gameplay was very dull imo, adding some minor exploration and more visual storytelling would be pretty neat

Watched a Let's Play on YouTube. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
I'll give this the same distance I gave the Conjuring movie.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yepyepyepyepyepyepyep

I've been waiting really long for this, although initially disappointed that it's not just the original game in VR. Perhaps this will end up a far better experience, but I'll still hope they include the original as a VR game.

It comes down to gameplay that I know would work perfectly in VR vs a new untested concept. I'll be anticipating this either way.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
I only know the game because of the Youtubers frenzy about it a couple of years ago,never watched it nor played it but jumpscares in VR? Yes peuh-lease, count me in.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
PCVR owners should check out Vive Nights at Freddy's, a playable fan remake in progress.

There's also evidence the official VR game isn't not coming to PC.

1. Steam blog post from the dev: (Nov 2018)
2. Steel Wool (the studio confirmed to be making the VR version) has made multiple Steam VR games
3. PCVR games not appearing on the ESRB search engine is a recurring theme. (Job Simulator, Moss, etc)