• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
I did a search for similar issues, but couldn't find anything.

So, I recorded a short video last night with my phone (Samsung Galaxy 9+). However, for some reason, the audio only plays back on the right side, and the left side has no audio. So, before I send it to people, I was trying to figure out how to equalize the audio so it would play on both the left and right side. I thought this would be an easy fix, but after downloading several apps, I couldn't find an easy way to do this at all. I was able to fix it locally using a VLC player and changing the audio output to mono, but I when I tried saving it as a new file, it just reverts back to the old audio when I play it. Anyone have any ideas?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I want to say you can downmix audio to mono in Handbrake, but I don't have the program handy on this work computer to check. There may be an easier way, too.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If one of the channels is too muted, I recommend just removing the (mostly) silent channel and make it a mono file. No use to try to fix the channel if it gets too noisy. I think you can actually convert the file to a mono file through VLC in the settings.

OP
OP
Atlagev

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
I want to say you can downmix audio to mono in Handbrake, but I don't have the program handy on this work computer to check. There may be an easier way, too.

It worked! Thanks a bunch! There may have been a way to do it in the VLC player too, but it just wasn't working. In any case, thanks again!