• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
Damn..hasn't even been a year, and someone brings this back up again. A conservative must have just lost their job lol..

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
And yeah his whole "mental health" angle is stupid and one of those "too woke" sort of things.

Some people are just pieces of shit.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
Are we really using this moment to try and bring down another person over something from years and years ago as if it's the same thing as what Roseanne is doing now?

She spreads conspiracy theories about a dead person which leads to the harassment of his family. She attacked the survivors of school shootings.

Kimmel is wrong to defend her though it likely comes from a blind "she used to be a good person" point of view that can be hard for some people to simply let go of. It's not worth attacking him for something shitty he did 20 years ago when it is not remotely equal to her purposeful harassment of specific people that is happening today.
The OP isn't comparing it to Roseanne. I just found the clip because someone decided to tweet it after his incredibly idiotic comment and wondered what people took of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I am convinced that the people who always bring up Tropic Thunder in blackface discussions have never actually watched the fucking movie because they're always so wrong about it.

Kappa

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So white woman calling people apes = okay

But white woman losing job = bad?

I'm having trouble seeing Kimmels logic. Can I get some help

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sleeping pills make you say racist shit.
Racism is mental health issue.

Anything but just being a racist apparently.

Kimmel can get in the bin with the rest of them. sanctimonious twat.

Oct 31, 2017
Did you see her whole twitter yesterday? She's obviously off her fucking rocker. It's way more than just racism. I'm not sure full on crazy pants tin foil conspiracy is 100% a mental health thing, but it sure indicates something is up to me anyway.

She's literally posting like any other republican or trump supporter on the internet, what the fuck are you talking about?

It's no different from any rightwing asshole anywhere on the internet, honestly. She's just a bad person

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one person saying it's okay doesn't make it okay, imo

Agreed, I even said that in my post, lol.
To be far, Karl Malone was pretty much like that. I forget why he became a running gag for them, but they went at him from back in their KROQ days.
I remember him doing it on the radio a bit back when Malone played for the Lakers. Kimmel and Malone were good friends and I think he used to enjoy the radio skits.

Doing it in full blackface on a TV show though... oof.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I dont give a fuck if she's old. Every old person isn't a racist. What the fuck kind of excuse is that.

Deleted member 6223

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Yeah. I saw that tweet and was like "Really." Jimmy is a dumbass. Fucking shame on him for defending a racist.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Op I wanted to let you know that Hannity already tried this tactic and it blew up in his face. In fact he hyped up the reveal of a damning video of Kimmel (the same one) and it didn't go anywhere because you know context. There was even a thread about it already here lots of faux outrage from the usual crowd.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The OP isn't comparing it to Roseanne. I just found the clip because someone decided to tweet it after his incredibly idiotic comment and wondered what people took of it.

I don't know man. I think for some things, people are just going to have to accept that some people did questionable shit back in the day and answer a few questions:
1. Was it a product of the times?
2. Is this person still doing it now?
3. Are they doing good things now, enough that maybe we can move past it?

If I were to answer:
1. I think since social media has advanced, so has the definition of blackface. Heck, in this video he's black-body, and is not black-face in the old-timey 1920's sense. Is it okay to do it now? No. I don't remember any outcry about it at the time, though.
2. I don't think Jimmy is even remotely the same person
3. This guy (despite his Roseanne tweet), has been a pretty important mouthpiece for a common sense agenda regarding race and social issues, health care, gun control, and other things. I think he's producing enough good now that we can maybe let this thing go.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
it's actually kind of funny to think how much Kimmel changed from his Kevin and Bean/Man Show/Crank Yankers days, and how much Adam Carolla is the same as he ever was. No wonder one is more successful than the other.

Oct 31, 2017
Sort of.

He said it was stupid but he also said Karl Malone told him it was fine. That doesn't make it right though.

Kimmel has changed quite a bit since his Man Show days...

Karl Malone is an unbelievably trash person. Kimmel using Malone's cosign for blackface could be it's own comedy skit or entire episode in a "Get Out" inspired anthology series

Fuck Karl Malone on every level except classic teams on NBA 2K

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have to be reminded he did this when in my head he is still "the man show guy".

So i never had any respect for Kimmel and still don't understand how he got "big".

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Did you see her whole twitter yesterday? She's obviously off her fucking rocker. It's way more than just racism. I'm not sure full on crazy pants tin foil conspiracy is 100% a mental health thing, but it sure indicates something is up to me anyway.

I mean there are plenty of conspiracy-theory-peddling freaks in the world and especially this country. They're not crazy - just incredibly ignorant, paranoid and downright stupid. When you're that misinformed, you're fearful of various claims that are obviously untrue but too fucking ignorant to do some research, so you believe them and you share them and it makes you look insane.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
The Man Show was such a garbage show and I have never really been able to forget that Kimmel was a part of it. I don't pay much attention to him, and when one of his clips starts making the rounds I am reminded of it, even if I enjoy it or agree with him. I respect that he's changed, but there will always be a lingering odor.

He's so far off base on Roseanne that I groaned. Wow.

Oct 27, 2017
I love when people say they 'dug' this up, like it wasn't on a majorly popular show broadcast and viewed by millions of people. When Jimmy started doing his new show I definitely thought it was strange considering the stuff he did back in the day.

If we're going to demonize anyone that has ever done something questionable in their past, there isn't going to be anyone left in the world. What do we benefit by treating shit done over a decade ago like it was done today? Look at what the person says and does now.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Modern society is happy to actively look for shit to get upset about, even if it happened 20 years ago. Amazing.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
If we're going to demonize anyone that has ever done something questionable in their past, there isn't going to be anyone left in the world. What do we benefit by treating shit done over a decade ago like it was done today? Look at what the person says and does now.

...ok? Sure.

Today, Jimmy Kimmel went on twitter to defend Roseanne who called a black woman an ape.

Oct 31, 2017
I love when people say they 'dug' this up, like it wasn't on a majorly popular show broadcast and viewed by millions of people. When Jimmy started doing his new show I definitely thought it was strange considering the stuff he did back in the day.

Kimmel is excusing Rosanne's racism and using mental health issues as a shield, that's what he's saying and doing now

as someone who has been targeted by Rosanne's brand of racist "humor" and has dealt with mental health issues, fuck these people

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Blackface has a very specific goal and I dont agree with the wide net some like to throw around.

This isnt blackface

That Netherlands shit or the Jackson Jive performance is

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Defending and attempting to redefine blackface.
I don't agree that Kimmel's sketch is blackface. He was imitating a specific person and not a racial stereotype. Sure, you could call it tasteless, but I don't see racism/blackface in it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Damn..hasn't even been a year, and someone brings this back up again. A conservative must have just lost their job lol..
04d861c0153d80ec1dd56107d88187ee.jpg