• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Debra Hunter is the Florida woman who was recorded intentionally coughing on another person at a Pier 1 store on June 25, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained by Heavy. The woman who was filming, Heather Sprague, identified herself as a brain tumor patient when she posted the video on social media.

Sprague claimed she started recording after witnessing Hunter screaming at the store workers. Hunter switched her attention to Sprague after realizing she was being filmed and flipped Sprague off with both hands.

As shown in the video, Hunter proclaimed, "I think I'll get real close to you and cough on you, then. How's that?" Hunter then leaned forward and loudly coughed on Sprague's face before calling Sprague an a**hole as she walked away. Another witness, who was off-camera, can be heard expressing shock over the encounter.

Sprague shared the video on Facebook on June 26 and it has since been viewed more than 2.5 million times. The confrontation occurred amid a recent spike in coronavirus cases in Florida.

More at:
heavy.com

Debra Hunter: Florida Woman Coughed on Cancer Patient, Cops Say

Debra Hunter faces a battery charge after she was recorded coughing on Heather Sprague at a Pier 1 in Jacksonville, Florida amid coronavirus pandemic.

Demand to speak to the moderators if old

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Legally, what are you allowed to do when someone coughs on you deliberately? Because it would be hard for me to stop myself from planting their face into the ground.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Person recording had great patience. If someone did that to me, I would put them in the hospital.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
From the article, this Karen was trying to return something that she didnt even bring with her back to the store. She just had a photo of it. And she was flipping out because they wouldnt give her the money back.

Thats not how a return works. Thats never how a return works. Why are these people SO fucking stupid? It's mind boggling.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
From the article, this Karen was trying to return something that she didnt even bring with her back to the store. She just had a photo of it. And she was flipping out because they wouldnt give her the money back.

Thats not how a return works. Thats never how a return works. Why are these people SO fucking stupid? It's mind boggling.
It's like being stupid and entitled are correlated

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sprague said she saw a woman at the cash register, later identified by law enforcement as Hunter, yelling at and threatening the store employees over an item she wanted to return. She didn't have it with her at the time but instead showed the workers a photo of the product on her phone. Sprague said the Pier 1 staff was "professional and respectful. But they couldn't return an item she didn't actually have with her."
she's certainly not the brightest person.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rejection of someone's entitlement is a surefire way to meet the grossest sickest person you've ever met.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should've just printed her a picture of a dollar bill and exchange the photos.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would want to charge her ass with attempted murder. Teach her a fucking lesson.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Legally, what are you allowed to do when someone coughs on you deliberately? Because it would be hard for me to stop myself from planting their face into the ground.
Normally, I doubt anything would actually happen. BUT nowadays, im pretty sure its considered a form of a terrorist threat and there have been people charged for it.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'd be torn between wanting to get as far away from Typhoid Karen as I could or powerbombing her through a counter.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So she tried to get money for an item she wasn't willing/able to physically return. She wanted the store to essentially give her free money.

Dumbass.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I called someone out today on the bus who coughed a couple of times with their mask not covering their mouth, someone deliberately coughing in my face is going to a hospital afterwards.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The part that's tripping me up right now is her trying to return an item...just by having a picture on her phone of it.

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
Hard to argue self defense though, since hitting them isn't defending yourself more than running away. If they grabbed you and coughed, yah.

in most jurisdictions, including Florida, you have no duty to retreat. Even if it's reasonable to do so. So long as whooping that ass is reasonable as well, you may do so. I have the utmost confidence you'd be able to convince one juror out of 12 that you reasonably defended yourself with these facts.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
how the fuck did she think she could return something she didn't even have on her? what a fucking evil idiot

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
To the people who aren't able to defend themselves physically or don't want to get physical during situations like this, carry around pepper spray.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I have something I want to return

1bdb4470a5d0358eb76feb65c271e104.jpg

I don't have it with me but I bought it for $900,000,000.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I would be getting a motherfucker arrested so quick.

and culpable negligence.

(1) Whoever, through culpable negligence, exposes another person to personal injury commits a misdemeanor of the second degree
(2) Whoever, through culpable negligence, inflicts actual personal injury on another commits a misdemeanor of the first degree