• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
They dropped the information at the end of their February Community update:

Finally, a Nintendo Switch version of Spintires: MudRunner is currently being worked on. We don't have much more to say about this right now, but it is coming, and we'll have more news about it in the future!

If you don't know what the game is:

I've been playing it for a week (it's discounted on the PlayStation Store) and I'm having a blast with it. Like, I am having a lot (A LOT) fun playing it and I'm not a Something Something Simulator person in the first place (at all). If the port is good, I could easily double dip on that one. PS4 & Xbox One will soon have mods support so maybe Switch too?

A DLC is also in the work (MudRunner USA) and aimed to be released for the end of the year.

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Community Manager for Focus Home here, if anybody has any questions, I'll try my best to answer them, though I'm not sure how much I can expand upon what is above. :)

Oct 26, 2017
Community Manager for Focus Home here, if anybody has any questions, I'll try my best to answer them, though I'm not sure how much I can expand upon what is above. :)

Hi! Thanks for bringing this to Switch, I deeply appreciate it!

I wanted to know:

1. Who is developing the Switch port?
2. What's the resolution and framerate in both docked and portable modes?
3. Will the Switch version have all content and DLC?
4. Will the Switch version be released at retail in NA and EU?

Thanks again! :)

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
when you run this without framerate lock on a PS4 Pro it's a jet engine

I'll be curious how Switch handles it

the last thing you want is a WWE 2K18 situation

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I question how well this is gonna run on the Switch's cpu. were're probably gonna get a Doom/Rocket League sort of deal here

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Hi! Thanks for bringing this to Switch, I deeply appreciate it!

I wanted to know:

1. Who is developing the Switch port?
2. What's the resolution and framerate in both docked and portable modes?
3. Will the Switch version have all content and DLC?
4. Will the Switch version be released at retail in NA and EU?

Thanks again! :)

1. It'll be Saber/Focus collaboration, like the rest of the game.
2. It's still quite early, so these details aren't final yet - once we know, we'll let everyone know too!
3. Yes, absolutely. All versions of Spintires: MudRunner will always have parity (aside from mod support)
4. Again, details aren't final yet, so we don't know the answer to this yet.

@dampflokreund (Sorry, I'm new to ERA and I'm not sure how to quote multiple people yet, :) ) Yes, as far as I know they are.

Oct 26, 2017
2. It's still quite early, so these details aren't final yet - once we know, we'll let everyone know too!
3. Yes, absolutely. All versions of Spintires: MudRunner will always have parity (aside from mod support)

@dampflokreund (Sorry, I'm new to ERA and I'm not sure how to quote multiple people yet, :) ) Yes, as far as I know they are.

Thanks! :)

And you can quote multiple posts by clicking reply on each post, they'll pile up on the comment box. :)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a game I've been meaning to check out for a bit, and it might be a great fit for the Switch if they nail the HD Rumble too. Looking forward for more info.

Oct 26, 2017

With that avatar of yours, have you played Ace Of Seafood?

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the newest one but I did play the original on PC and it was quite the resource hog on my at-the-time PC. Very curious to see how Switch will handle it. I am there day 1 if it's any good.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't this game cpu intensive ? As a switch owner I am curious how would they pull it off here.

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome game for anyone who is interested in trucks, offroading or just wants to try something different. Hopefully it finds it's audience on Switch.
Looking forward to Mudrunner USA.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Community Update:
Now, onto what is coming in the future!

We're now continuing to work more fully on what is coming out in the next releases - which would be MudRunner USA and MudRunner Switch (both working titles). As such, it means that we won't have much new information to give in the next couple of months about what we're working on with Spintires: MudRunner, aside from just repeating the same announcements each week.

As we move to working more fully on these two releases, we don't want the community updates to just say the same thing over and over - so the plan for future updates will be to showcase cool things from the community! To do this, we will begin showing off the best maps that we find, cool vehicle mods, and other interesting creative works made by you! Should you see anything, or make anything, that you're proud of, please send us a link to it, we'd love to see it too!

Thank you, and as always, we'll talk to you soon!

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6825/the-ridge-out-now-may-community-update/2

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least it hasn't been canceled. Though I get the feeling we aren't just gonna see a downgrade, but a rebuild of the game for switch