• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Folding Ideas: The Art of Storytelling and The Legend of Chun Li

Oct 28, 2017
oh i thought this was going to be a thread on the hilarious movie and not just some bearded white guy on youtube
when even reading the title is too much effort

this guy's deconstruction of Suicide Squad is fun, so I'll check this out but I've not seen the Street Fighter 2 movie

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
when even reading the title is too much effort

this guy's deconstruction of Suicide Squad is fun, so I'll check this out but I've not seen the Street Fighter 2 movie
is the thread title supposed to mean something to someone who doesnt follow youtubers? i thought it would be an article or OPs thoughts

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch this when I get home but can summon summarize the problem he has with Nicki Minaj's hit single, Chun-Li?

is the thread title supposed to mean something to someone who doesnt follow youtubers? i thought it would be an article or OPs thoughts
My dude you don't have to double down on your thread shit.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a video there.

Presumably it's worth talking about.

More so than the title or whether or not you care about youtubers.

OP
OP
Khanimus
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah, he's legit. He defended the good qualities of many bad movies.
I think it's less him defending the good qualities and moreso his distaste for the lack of nuance or critical thinking in popular online criticism. No video of his exemplifies this more than his video about Annihilation and the countless videos trying to analyze the ending as a plot to be solved, rather than the movie simply being an exploration of theme.

Oct 29, 2017
This movie is amazing because of how bad it is. Chris Kline was no doubt high the entire time he shot this movie, he's mesmerizing.
NASH OUT!

Oct 27, 2017
It was such a terrible movie it was amazing. It also got just about everything wrong from the games. Balrog uses a gun, Gen uses fireballs etc. it was all wrong. The most amazing thing is the most accurate portrayal of a street fighter character in the movie was Vega played by Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas. How did he end up being the most accurate!?

Edit: In checking the movie's wikipedia page I just found out that Bison's daughter was named Rose. Why would you bother to include her in such a wrong way?

Oct 25, 2017
I've have to check this out even though all I've ever seen of this movie is the best of Chris Kline video posted. I'm not about to go watch Legend of Chun Li so I have better context for this video, but it's almost disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the thing that still surprises me is that this was a 2009 movie and not a movie from the early 2000s or late 90s.

Like this came out a year after Iron Man...

Oct 28, 2017
I get the feeling Sonic will be this movie tier. Hype!!

Man I forgot this movie tried the spinning kick. It was soo bad lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
México
I remember at the time that the screenwritter Justin Marks name was popular among nerd circles, since he was working on this movie, Voltron, He-Man and a Green Arrow movie called "Supermax", and those who dared to review the scripts online said they were good. Then the Chun-Li movie was released...

He seems to be doing fine, tough. And has added a few more movies to his credit since then.