• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

af9.png

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
oh i thought this was going to be a thread on the hilarious movie and not just some bearded white guy on youtube

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
when even reading the title is too much effort

this guy's deconstruction of Suicide Squad is fun, so I'll check this out but I've not seen the Street Fighter 2 movie

is the thread title supposed to mean something to someone who doesnt follow youtubers? i thought it would be an article or OPs thoughts

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch this when I get home but can summon summarize the problem he has with Nicki Minaj's hit single, Chun-Li?

is the thread title supposed to mean something to someone who doesnt follow youtubers? i thought it would be an article or OPs thoughts

My dude you don't have to double down on your thread shit.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. I'll check this out tonight.
I just watched that Book of Henry analysis and I love this guy's stuff.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah, he's legit. He defended the good qualities of many bad movies.
I think it's less him defending the good qualities and moreso his distaste for the lack of nuance or critical thinking in popular online criticism. No video of his exemplifies this more than his video about Annihilation and the countless videos trying to analyze the ending as a plot to be solved, rather than the movie simply being an exploration of theme.

Deleted member 25671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This movie is amazing because of how bad it is. Chris Kline was no doubt high the entire time he shot this movie, he's mesmerizing.

NASH OUT!

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
It was such a terrible movie it was amazing. It also got just about everything wrong from the games. Balrog uses a gun, Gen uses fireballs etc. it was all wrong. The most amazing thing is the most accurate portrayal of a street fighter character in the movie was Vega played by Taboo of the Black Eyed Peas. How did he end up being the most accurate!?

Edit: In checking the movie's wikipedia page I just found out that Bison's daughter was named Rose. Why would you bother to include her in such a wrong way?

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I've have to check this out even though all I've ever seen of this movie is the best of Chris Kline video posted. I'm not about to go watch Legend of Chun Li so I have better context for this video, but it's almost disappointing.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the thing that still surprises me is that this was a 2009 movie and not a movie from the early 2000s or late 90s.

Like this came out a year after Iron Man...

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I get the feeling Sonic will be this movie tier. Hype!!

Man I forgot this movie tried the spinning kick. It was soo bad lmao.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I remember at the time that the screenwritter Justin Marks name was popular among nerd circles, since he was working on this movie, Voltron, He-Man and a Green Arrow movie called "Supermax", and those who dared to review the scripts online said they were good. Then the Chun-Li movie was released...

He seems to be doing fine, tough. And has added a few more movies to his credit since then.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched this video.

My god I had no idea this movie was this kind of bad. So Bison is a blonde Irishman who bare-handedly tears his unborn child out of the mother's womb in order to get rid of his "goodness."

what the fuck.

Why does this exist.
How can anyone shoot this script.
And why is the screenwriter still getting work.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not gonna watch the video but the movie made me mad that Robin Shou can't do Mortal Kombat III.

Gimme Liu Kang back damn it

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most interesting things to me about this movie (besides how baffling it is) is that when it was released in Japan on theaters it was apparently double-billed with a Sakura short made by the same team that produced Ties that Bind and the cutscenes on vanilla SF4.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...film-double-billed-with-sakura-anime-in-japan

To my knowledge this short never saw a home release, maybe someone out there has a copy?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

My god I had no idea this movie was this kind of bad. So Bison is a blonde Irishman who bare-handedly tears his unborn child out of the mother's womb in order to get rid of his "goodness."

what the fuck.

Why does this exist.

It is everything like that and more.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

what the fuck.

Why does this exist.
It's an amazingly absurd origin story. There's also the question how a guy, who is capable of doing that to his wife, would have any "goodness" in him in the first place. After all they don't mean this figuratively, he's literally transferring his "goodness"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
My friend briefly thought I had a particular fetish because of this movie.

This barely has to do with anything, it's just that the thought keeps coming to mind.