• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
"But it's real !!". Ok, but that's not the point of the video. The video doesn't even deny that a cut exists. This Snyder Cut cult weird.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
41Tpnxlns2L.jpg

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting if they do release a work print/cheaply finished version of his cut. I'll never understand why there are so many crazies obsessed with the idea of a probably even worse version of a bad movie seeing the light of day though.

I'd watch it solely to see if the scene where the entire Justice League just forgets that they left a world ending device unattended in a car park and the main villain steals it off screen was always part of the movie or if they added it in later.

You'd easily draw more than that because of the curiosity factor from people who want to know wtf this is. Also I said rough cut, that won't cost you 40 million if it's already shot.
There's a good chance chunks of it haven't been shot but more importantly most of it wont have any CG done for it. 40 million is a conservative estimate. As the video suggests, they could maybe be planning to release a work print which has placeholder CG for the bits that weren't done (most of the movie) and either placeholder CG or storyboard drawings for the parts which were never shot in the first place. Which would be really interesting from a filmmaking standpoint but also not a very good movie.

But then again it was never going to be a good movie.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
There's a good chance chunks of it haven't been shot but more importantly most of it wont have any CG done for it. 40 million is a conservative estimate. As the video suggests, they could maybe be planning to release a work print which has placeholder CG for the bits that weren't done (most of the movie) and either placeholder CG or storyboard drawings for the parts which were never shot in the first place. Which would be really interesting from a filmmaking standpoint but also not a very good movie.

But then again it was never going to be a good movie.
I think it could be less than 40m if it's not "Snyder's true vision" and it's more "They let Snyder cut together what he has shot and then finished production on it".

If there was going to be reshoots (including for some actors I think they no longer have on contract) that would certainly balloon the costs like crazy, but I think a Snyder cut that reused and rearranged everything they have already done, and just did effects to bare minimum releasable quality, it could be done for less. But yeah obviously there is some guesswork here, and whatever the costs are wouldn't be worth spending.

Last edited:

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
A "Snyder cut" would be like the Donner cut of Superman 2 if you removed Lester's stuff completely and a lot of other shit missing because WB isn't going to spend money to finish shit they're probably not going to see a return on, never mind moving away from Synder.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A "Snyder cut" would be like the Donner cut of Superman 2 if you removed Lester's stuff completely and a lot of other shit missing because WB isn't going to spend money to finish shit they're probably not going to see a return on, never mind moving away from Synder.

Yeah, and Superman 2 Donner Cut only exists now because the producers that were in charge in the 70s are gone now.

I do see the Snyder Cut being released, but not in the 2020s.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, and Superman 2 Donner Cut only exists now because the producers that were in charge in the 70s are gone now.

I do see the Snyder Cut being released, but not in the 2020s.
Yeah I could see that. Especially when they can easily and cheaply deepfake the cast so no additional photography is required.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Who even needs the Synder Cut when we've already go a full scene of Superman with his pecs out? Movie 100% redeemed.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Y'all people thinking The money in possible
subs will make up for what it would cost to finish the film... as if everyone but the most SnyderBros won't just take the free trial (there's always a free trial), watch it , then unsub lol

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I just wanna know what the fuck was up with all the actors getting in on this bullshit those weeks back.

The video argues that the twitter accounts for Affleck and Gadot are not personal accounts, they are business accounts managed by other people (managers/media intern for the actors I guess). So them tweeting the same day about the cut could imply that there was some sort of deal or other, but no one knows for sure.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
The video argues that the twitter accounts for Affleck and Gadot are not personal accounts, they are business accounts managed by other people (managers/media intern for the actors I guess). So them tweeting the same day about the cut could imply that there was some sort of deal or other, but no one knows for sure.
I can assure you, Gal Gadot, at least, is behind her own account.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If it exists I hope they take it out and bury it next to the Atari ET game cartridges.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I probably could've guessed that post count before I checked

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Well, that's the thing, Snyder is currently trying to get 10m-15m out of Warner to finish it but they're saying no.
Probably because they moved on without him, got more critical acclaim and made a billion off a character in Aquaman that was considered a punchline in popular culture. Then got good reviews on Shazam, and Joker while making decent and spectacular money respectively. Why go back to the dude that was, charitably, divisive and handled the material relatively poorly?

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Probably because they moved on without him, got more critical acclaim and made a billion off a character in Aquaman that was considered a punchline in popular culture. Then got good reviews on Shazam, and Joker while making decent and spectacular money respectively. Why go back to the dude that was, charitably, divisive and handled the material relatively poorly?
because he has a cult behind him lmao

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's the thing, Snyder is currently trying to get 10m-15m out of Warner to finish it but they're saying no.
Mmm, yes, I don't see a reason that would benefit WB financially... Even what they hypothetically would gain in sales / subscriptions / whatever would be really small, considering how niche is the audience that knows what the "Snyder Cut" is, and let alone those who actually want it / would willingly spend money for it.

It'd be the equivalent of doing a worldwide re-release of Tommy Wiseau's The Room with extra scenes and CGI fixes.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder needing the cash makes the unifed tweeting make sense. They probably saw it as doing a friend a solid, ultimately costed them nothing.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The Snyder Cut does exist. Snyder only needs 10m-15m dollars more and its finished. He's in good terms with Warner Bros so it might be released.

Haha. The guy already cost them a shitload of money and he wants more? They shouldn't give him another nickel.

He should do a kickstarter. I'm sure he could get tens of hundreds of dollars from the diehard Snyder fans.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, Vullein070 has also stated that, at the moment, our guy Henry is still on as Superman

A better received JL released on HBO Max can reset the general reception on that character. WB is very lucky that the world has basically forgotten JL ever released in the first place.

Jul 18, 2018
Even if it does exist, the Synder Cut will not make the movie any better. It would need a complete re-haul to make it better.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
That version of Wolverine 1 is the only version of the film I saw. Most fans consider it to be the better version due to the score alone. It´s still shit of course.

I also assumed that we only had an "assembly cut" on our hands (good enough for me) when I heard the 3,5 hour run time but Snyder says no:
See, the whole video is now a moot point?

Snyder, more importantly, said that he had no reshoots in mind. Makes sense, as he had to reform JLA Part 1 into JLA 2017 before shooting.
Multiple people who worked on the film confirmed similar things in November and I saw all the leaked scenes in 2017. Like the Nazi compound that housed the Mother box. They look good. Much better than Wolverine 1. Some are even 100% finished. Are all of these Hollywood pros lying or might it be that YouTube man constructed a strawman to serve his point? Hm. The shown canisters also house flammable film reels. You know how much of a waste of time and money it would be to make film prints of a half-finished cut? Snyder is a producer. Why would he burn money like that?

The film further lost money in cinemas. About 60 mil. Toys and home media likely saved the film from losing money in the end but who knows.
See, I said something negative to disprove the guy too. UC BvS and the DC Watchmen are also Snyder´s actual vision. That´s why those versions exist. He is cursed with such cuts, isn´t he? Dawn of the Dead and Sucker Punch also had such cuts but not as long. Look up his fight with the MPAA to not make Sucker Punch (his one bad film) look like a rape fantasy.

Here is a Snyder critique I fully agree with:

WB´s very own Donner Cut of Superman 2, Alien 3 - Assembly Cut and so on are what this hack apparently refuses to acknowledge to exist. Also this:
Back to film school with you Mr. Ideas. Listening to this actually made me angry... Don´t make shit up to justify why you dislike media X. Dislike films and so on instead for what they are.

Edit: Fuck it. The man deserves this:
Snyder wasn´t on board with the release the Snyder cut fundraiser(s) until 50% of them went to suicide prevention. He literally said that giving him money should NOT be done. Have fun arguing that and I would say the same if we were talking about #relasetheBayCut or whatever.
That´s when he joined the cause and he was also kind busy being depressed due to his daughter's suicide before that. His wife also came close to dying in the last decade:

"When I met Debbie, I thought she was this amazingly powerful woman, and when she was sick, you learn that we need each other," Mr. Snyder said. "I'm warmed by the fact that she needed me in that way, and I could be there to ease any little bit of pain. The invincible woman is still there. It's not about a physical thing. We learn that we can all lose our health, briefly, and you learn that someone is there to take care of you." Did he have to bathe her, dress her and help her pull on the pantyhose and clothes? He nodded. When she got out of the hospital and was back on the set, she said, "He'd say, 'Go home, you need to rest.' " When they were home in Pasadena, she said that he would say she needed to eat and that he would then cook for her. "Ten months ago, I started a new medicine a drug that isolates the protein that starts the inflammation," she said. "Now, in the last two years, the pain wasn't always debilitating. I got my life back."

Snyder is lastly disabled. He has dyslexia. So do I: https://www.dyslexicadvantage.org/dyslexia-and-superhero-film-director-zach-snyder/

Have fun making fun of how he speaks and whatnot the next time you tear into him. Criticize his films, not the man.

Last edited: