• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chuseph14

Oct 26, 2017
Specifically, I want to know what good Michigan is for anything. Been there a handful of times and I'm utterly unimpressed by basically everything I've tried. I've mostly been around the Flint and Ann Arbor areas. Their fudge from Mackinac is good I guess?

I'm from Las Vegas. We have world class chefs lining the strip if you want to go fancy. Lots of fusion restaurants and Celebrity chef restaurants (Puck, Ramsey, Giada, etc). There's a place to get a $5,000 burger or a sit in a restaurant that rotates 1150 ft above the city.

But for day-to-day eats we have good authentic Mexican food and some decent Asian foods (mostly Chinese and Korean bbqs tho). Recently I've also noticed a huge competition for best steakhouse in my city, and I'm not complaining.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
NJ: bagels, taylor ham, pizza

edit:
the italian hotdog:

(but fuck that ketchup. it should have mustard on it)

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota - Juicy Lucy/tator tot hot dish. Tough decision since they are both so amazing.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I recently moved to Columbus, Ohio. Haven't really seen anything food-wise they do well yet.

Came from Austin, Texas. BBQ. The one and only.

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts: Making sure you are right next to a Dunkin Donuts at all times.

But on a serious note, MA does seafood of all sorts really damn well.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
new-orleans-creole-gu1jsb2.jpg

gambo

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm originally from the Detroit area and every time I make my way back there I HAVE to stop for a good coneydog, other places try to live up to it with items that are more like a chili-dog...if your dog sauce isn't mainly ground beef hearts I am not interested!

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Denver, CO. Beer and weed. Other than green chilli I don't think there is anything unique or special about Denver's cuisine.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I live in the North East, so we're known for our seafood. Lobster, New England clam chowder (white, obviously), clams, scallops, haddock, cod, scrod, general white fish. I'm not much of a seafood eater, though. I like most seafood I just kinda rarely order it.

And the Massachusetts beer scene is very good. Pretty lucky that my house is about... 30mins from two of the top breweries in the country (Trillium and Tree House, with the added plus of having Hill Farmstead on draft in my home town).

Last edited:

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden: Pizza

Ok, so the "proper" answer is probably something to do with seafood, but there's so much good pizza here. In all of Sweden, really. There are SO MANY pizza places in this country (proper local ones - pizzeria chains are rare here).

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Ehh.... I honestly Can't think of a single dish las vegas or NV is renowned for doing well. I mean we have tons of stuff on the strip, but I feel thats all "Imported" styles from other regions of the country. There is nothing really I feel that is known as an area dish that I can think of.

But I will tell you this. You better not try and bring a crawfish into the State of Nevada.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Our province is known for really good beef, so steaks, I guess?

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Sacramento. Beer and burgers. Burgers are the first food category I've seen my city appear on on a best of list.

California as a whole is good for beer and Mexican food.

Barry Bonds

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco makes the best burritos in the world. Some San Diegans may disagree but they get laughed at like the small town yokels they are.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Windsor, Ontario

Somewhat well known for having really good pizza.

This. I don't know how well known it really is outside Windsor, but we have good pizza. Apparently shredded pepperoni isn't really a thing elsewhere?

I might say we have disproportionately good food in general given our size, but I'm not really prepared to back that up.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oddly enough, I don't think Gauteng is known for any specific cuisine. Afrikaans food (red meats, etc) is common among households, but I haven't seen it transcending to restaurants, specifically. Restaurants here typically focus on international cuisine more often than not. Barring 'cheap eats', I suppose.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This. I don't know how well known it really is outside Windsor, but we have good pizza. Apparently shredded pepperoni isn't really a thing elsewhere?

I might say we have disproportionately good food in general given our size, but I'm not really prepared to back that up.

I think that's true for sure. So many good options for Thai / Vietnamese / Lebanese in this city, there are definitely a few places I think you could take anyone from anywhere and have them be impressed. Though I'm also not ready to back this up with any hard facts haha.

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
I'm from Florida and practically grew up on Anna Maria Island. Going to have to say fish tacos. Nothing beats going to the beach and watching the sun set while drinking wine and having some blackened mahi mahi tacos.