• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kansas City -- BBQ; specifically burnt ends.
My man.

JOES-KANSAS-CITY-ZMAN-WITH-FRIES-2.jpg

KC is the supreme master of BBQ and I'll fight anyone that says otherwise.

Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo for chicken wings, I'm pretty sure not even one of the cheap pizzerias in town can fuck up wings as bad as some of the places outside of Buffalo (I'm looking at you "Buffalo" Wild Wings).

Chivettas Chicken, Sahlens Hot Dogs, and Beef on Weck are probably the three other big Buffalo foods.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The "KC BBQ" people know what's up.
I've spent almost a decade stuck in the South but my home is Missouri and I'm from a KC suburb. KC has the best BBQ around, hands down. I haven't had much anywhere that compares or comes close to it, amongst top-rated "Voted Best in the Country!" places and hole-in-the-wall hidden treasures alike. I've certainly had "good" BBQ outside of MO but there is a very large gap between "good" and "KC-tier."

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto and the area around it is good with quite a lot of stuff, mostly because the area itself is very multicultural.

Good Indian food, Chinese food, Korean food, etc.

notsol337

Oct 25, 2017
I recently moved to Columbus, Ohio. Haven't really seen anything food-wise they do well yet.

Came from Austin, Texas. BBQ. The one and only.

Have you checked out Schmidt's yet? They have really good traditional German food!

There's also Hounddog's pizza on High street. A garlic smoky joe's pizza is where it's at!

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Have you checked out Schmidt's yet? They have really good traditional German food!

There's also Hounddog's pizza on High street. A garlic smoky joe's pizza is where it's at!

I did go to Schmidt's. That was pretty darn good.

Have not tried Hounddog's pizza yet. I've done Donatos, Adriaticos, and one other that was terrible so I can't remember the name.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Home Town: STL
Food: Toasted Ravioli

Current Town: Siloam Springs
Food: there are some good breweries close by (and one that is set to open this next year), but food, cheese curds? Never heard of them before we moved from NorCal to NWA.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With 8x the land area and less than half the metro population.

Don't get me wrong I like your crazy French fry burritos but they're not better than a Super Burrito up north.

bayshore.jpg

San Diego metro population is 3.3 million. If there's something listing San Francisco's metro population as 7 million or more then I can't find it.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I live in the countryside of Florida so our sweet ice tea and barbecue is the best.

I've been told a certain cheesesteak shop is the best in our town as well, but I've never been there . . . yet at least.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Chow Mein, my area makes a special type of chow mein noodle that is exclusive to it that you can't find anywhere in the country as far as I'm aware and it's super delicious. Chorico (a local Portuguese sausage) is also delicious and chorico and chip grinders and chorico pizza are delicious. Having a million Dunkin Donuts everywhere is pretty nice too.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
STL. We do Gooey Butter Cake and Toasted Ravioli. Both are so. Damn. Good.

Also shout out to St Louis style pizza. Feel like it isn't mentioned enough.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For Bremen, Germany, I think anything Haddock. But then again, German cuisine isn't really worth talking about, lol. (We rule in baking bread, though!)

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also shout out to St Louis style pizza. Feel like it isn't mentioned enough.
People always shit on STL-style pizza over here in KC and call it stuff like ketchup on crackers or whatever but honestly two of my favorite pizza places over here are STL-style. It's delicious and very very underrated.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Austin - BBQ. Salt, pepper, indirect heat. Anything more than that is a distraction - a way to add value to an otherwise lacking product. If bbq is reliant on sauce, it fucked up.

El Paso - Tacos. El Paso's tacos are incredible. They don't do soft corn/flour tacos, or the abysmal corn shells that are like Taco Bell. Instead, it takes after a Northern Mexican cuisine - lightly frying a corn tortilla with carne deshebrada inside. The tortilla is flaky and moist, and cheese melting into the lettuce and meat. It doesn't have the speed of a good soft corn taco, very much the hallmark of a street taco. But its what I miss of El Paso the most. Being a bordertown and a sister city to Ciudad Juárez, El Paso's Mexican food is hard to top. Places like LA have good Mexican, but El Paso is different.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Nashville does meat and threes ace.

Hot chicken here is also good if you're into that.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
People always shit on STL-style pizza over here in KC and call it stuff like ketchup on crackers or whatever but honestly two of my favorite pizza places over here are STL-style. It's delicious and very very underrated.

After growing up in STL, I order thin crust wherever I go, and I convert quite a few people to thin crust. But I have never heard ketchup on a cracker bit, must be KC STL haters. ;)

But Toasted Ravioli and Gooey Butter Cake, no one else does those. I get my wife (Phoenix born and raised) to make Toasted Ravioli for my birthday! Well that and cheese cake, who is famous for cheese cake?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My HOME state in New England is good at apple cider donuts.

Chicago isn't good at anything. Deep dish is gross.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Florida has some good Cuban Sandwiches and Jerk Chicken lol

You know what's up, lol. We have great Cuban sandwiches here. Not to mention, our Reubens. Yum. :)

I'm from Florida and practically grew up on Anna Maria Island. Going to have to say fish tacos. Nothing beats going to the beach and watching the sun set while drinking wine and having some blackened mahi mahi tacos.

*drools*

It's been so long since I've had a fish taco. I think you decided what my dinner tonight will be. :)

Anna Maria looks extremely beautiful, by the way. I'm from Brooksville.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Home state is Oklahoma

If anyone knows what they cook well or are known for let me know. 90% of if is fast food.

And don't say BBQ when KC and Texas are next door.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
In South Carolina, Hash. Oh my god. I had never heard of it before moving here and it looks disgusting (like meat oatmeal) but I love it as much as a good steak.
20101008-shealys-bar-b-que-hash-batesburg-leeville-sc.jpg

Last edited:

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
Samimista hope you enjoy!
It's been a while for me, but they're my favorite food back home. Anna Maria Is definitely gorgeous. I was so afraid it was going to be devastated by the storm, but my friends and family got so lucky. I've never been to Brooksville, but I have heard of it. Post pics if you take 'em :)
You should head over there and go to The Beach House some time!

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Shanghai has a great food scene. It's really just a microcosm of Chinese cuisine. You can find every kind of Chinese dish here.

Shanghai is most well-known for its xiaolongbao (soup dumpling). It was created here, and it's damn good.

xiaolongbao 2 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

xiaolongbao 3 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

xiaolongbao 5 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

I've also found Shanghai's baozi (steamed buns), wonton and noodles to be way above average.

Baozi

baohouse 1 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

baohouse 2 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

Shrimp wonton in chicken broth

baohouse 3 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

Shrimp roe noodles

baohouse 4 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

As for where I'm originally from (Vancouver), probably anything seafood-related. Sushi and ramen are killer in Vancouver as well.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Long Island , NY ...So bagels, pizza, seafood, and lots of wine.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Sao Paulo, we have the best pizza in the world and no one talks about it, its a shame

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio here, pretty good at Buckeyes (Chocolate Peanut Butter balls).

I live in Cincinnati though, which is pretty well known for good Chili. Skyline is great. Gold Star is...not as good.
Oh, and Greater's makes great ice cream. It would be on par with Ben and Jerry's if B&J didn't have more interesting flavors.