• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh yeah he definitely said nigga instead of "might fuck around" but I'm not gonna rake him over the coals for it.

Last edited:

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think in this kind of situation it's up to the black community to decide on the seriousness of the situation and to make themselves heard in terms of what consequences it should have.

I don't think over analizing intentions and trying to conjure up excuses is useful; when you offend people you don't get to decide who should get offended or not. On the other hand, I have black friends who address me using the N world, others who simply don't want to hear it used by anybody and others who think it's problematic only when used by a stranger.

I really think it's not something where the feedback of white people can be any useful; I don't think there's really any instance of "fair use" for the N word. I know I have several DMX songs in my workout playlists and I've conditioned myself to never even hum the lyrics. Music and TV have "normalized" that word for people who consume media from and featuring black artists, and it's definitely something you need to be careful about.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hear it. He's singing it and stumbling a bit but the fact it came out makes me iffy on it. It's tough to say if the fact he was able to say that word at all is indicative of him saying it often behind closed doors or if it was a true slip of the tongue.

I would imagine if he says anything about it his excuse would be he was rapping and because he hears a lot of rappers use the n word it just slipped in when he was doing it or something. I also expect a lot of his fans to be incredibly annoying apologists about it since that's just standard nowadays :/

I'm conflicted tbh.

(edit) listening to it again the fact he says it twice makes me think it was intentional.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
He says "smokin the indica" unless I'm missing somewhere else where the word is apparently said.

EDIT: I've listened to it like 15 times and this is a huge reach. I'm by no means a veteran drug user but I know what indica is lmao. Why on Earth would he say "smokin the in-nigga"?

He literally says it right after that verse lol.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I hope this will be like Maximilian blatantly saying n***** and playing it off as a joke, even going as far as to make a reaction video of him saying the word lmfao

I actually do, haven't listened to BT2 though.

This is even funnier, thank you

So can only black people read certain passages of To Kill a Mockingbird aloud?

Who cares about some old book

Why do you need to be justified in saying something that you know, in advance, is bad

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody tell your boy Ninja that Logic isnt a white a dude...

Not even in the lyrics, and he still says it anyway though.

Xerzix

Dec 1, 2017
Another popular streamer saying some stupid crap, again?

*Pretends to be shocked*

This is getting old now.

Birdo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He says "smokin the indica" unless I'm missing somewhere else where the word is apparently said.

EDIT: I've listened to it like 15 times and this is a huge reach. He said the letter "D" quite soft in "indica" but contextually it makes no sense for him to be throwing out an epithetic.

I'm by no means a veteran drug user but I know what indica is lmao. Why on Earth would he say "smokin the in-nigga"?

OP is reaching as usual.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if he said nigga or not but either way it sounds like a failed attempt at rapping.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had to listen to it a few times but it does sound like he says it.. accidentally but still. Don't do that shit, Ninja.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: I've listened to it like 15 times and this is a huge reach. He said the letter "D" quite soft in "indica" but contextually it makes no sense for him to be throwing out an epithetic.

I'm by no means a veteran drug user but I know what indica is lmao. Why on Earth would he say "smokin the in-nigga"?
It couldn't be any clearer. He says "indica my nigga (softer) my nigga" and trails off before coming back with "..partmentalize ya"

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
As a non-native speaker, it's impossible for me to tell what the hell he is saying, honestly. I'll take your word for it, though.

Jan 2, 2018
White boys still thinking they can use any variation of the N-word in 2018...

giphy.gif

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I read the lyrics to the song, listened to the clip, and instantly heard it
Then, I listened to the song, and not present in the lyrics is a sequence after "Smoking on inca" that sounds like complete gibberish (but I think I heard the n word?), exactly like what Ninja said., before the next line about compartmentalizing in the lyrics

It's at like the 31 second mark of the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EVFKrmXFmA

wubbyz

Oct 27, 2017
eh, im giving him a pass on this one. Pdp was said with a tinge of hate this is just some dumb bad rapping.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol yall saying yall didnt hear it?

Dont even know what to say about that lol
My ears suck? I don't know. I'm not taking a hard stance one way or another yet, but I listened to that three times now and can barely make out anything he said at all. The combination of a nasally voice with mumbled speech is something I'm having great difficulty trying to parse out.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I, too, spend large parts of my day dissecting popular streamers' videos, noting every word and syllable for potential racism.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Seeing posters "butbutbut TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD!!!!" Makes it clear to me that's their only exposure to literature after public school

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, he ad-libbed it in there twice. Right when this dude was blowing up too.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Same here. I don't really see a difference.

Lets kill the double standard in that case. Lets call out anyone that uses the word regardless of race: rap artist, actors, comedians, youtubers or who ever. Its pretty dumb that artist put it in their music, but only certain people can say all the lyrics.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure it was intentional, it sounds like he was trying to rhyme with indica but that's what came out as he obviously doesn't know the lyrics and is just mashing words together to sound like a rhyme at that point. I mean it's not good either way, but it isn't like hes saying it on purpose or at anyone.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
This.
Can barely understand what he was saying anyway. There's no ill intention here.

No one said it was backed with bad intentions or with malice

It's just a bad thing to do if you're a white

"He's not hurting anyone" okay but, who cares, he still shouldn't say it

I love threads like these so much man

Status
Not open for further replies.