• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Miss me with your bullshit. Don't waste my time by quoting me, thanks.

You don't have the slightest clue of my opinion relating to Michael Jackson and the child abuse and molestation allegations against him.
Nor did I say I did however coming into an MJ thread and bemoaning about how certain topics aren't allowed to be talked about here (while we currently talk about them) is pretty fucking hilarious and quite suspect. But I'm glad you popped in here with this contribution.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Nah dude, this is gross. Having seen Leaving Neverland this seems like an open and shut case. So so awful.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Miss me with your bullshit. Don't waste my time by quoting me, thanks.

You don't have the slightest clue of my opinion relating to Michael Jackson and the child abuse and molestation allegations against him.

giphy.gif

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I think something a lot of people don't quite get is that the allegation isn't that Michael Jackson just molested children. Like, I think that puts images into peoples minds of someone who hates children, that children reflexively fear, where they hate themselves and the abuse instant.

The claims against Michael Jackson is that he groomed and molested children. The grooming is specifically a huge part of the allegations about him. I think people don't know what grooming is. He, essentially, had romantic relationships with these children. He seduced them. They were in love with him, both mentally and physically. They even say so in the documentary. They thought much of the abuse "felt good."

So when people are like "why didn't these guys come forward earlier?" They're psychological messes. Do you know how fucked up coming to grips that would be? These are guys who identify as straight men, they have children and families. It's still 2019. Of course it'll take decades for some of these victims to come to terms with what happened to them. Both guys say they still miss MJ to a degree.

For those that can empathize, this is awful to take in. MJ knew what he was doing using his fame for power. Looking back at it... I just wonder how much of his circle actually knew and allowed him to take it to the grave.

If you find that hard to believe, take a look at the locked DMC5 MJ thread in gaming side. Dozens upon dozens, maybe nearly 100 people all defending MJ in there.

Why are people defending MJ in a DMC thread? Lol.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ywqtsdi.gif

So, what do you all personally believe in regards to a "separating art from the artist" approach to a dead artist?
Unfortunately. I can't help you with that. It depends on each person.

For myself however. I stopped listening to him when the original 92 (i believe it was) and i was a big fan.
This is old. I mean it obviously is. Fans have it (like they collect anything MJ) and know about it, not like it is some hidden footage as it was broadcast on TV.

Some allegations were made against Michael as they have been in the past. Difference is they put it in a film, and its coming from two people that grew up around Michael Jackson and supported him in different ways but now have changed their stories. You're going to hear different things from who you're talk to from people with some saying it is them coming forward feeling better about telling their stories now, to others saying if you research their backgrounds and follow the trail it is an attempt from them to trade off his name in another way and get some money from it.
Threads like this always leave me confused. I'm not even a Michael Jackson fan but I still don't think anything is clear cut 100% with his situation since in my mind Safechuck could have just easily bought the rings that he showed in Neverland himself knowing MJ did take him ring shopping back in the day. I feel like my mentality is always too skeptical with stuff like this. Not to say I think MJ is completely innocent because the stuff he himself has said he did was definitely messed up but I still can't bring myself to 100% believe he molested children even though in the documentary both people looked very genuine and I see no reason as to why they would make anything up. I guess ultimately it doesn't matter what I think since MJ is dead now but it is frustrating that it seems like everyone else can be so convinced but for some reason, I can't get there one way or the other myself.
Yes, maybe I phrased it incorrectly. I meant it was possible Safechuck bought the rings he showed off in the documentary sometime when he was an adult and the reason he did so is that he knew as a child he was with Michael when he went ring shopping so it would corroborate what he was saying. Not saying it's likely at all just it's those doubts that make me struggle to believe it as 100% fact. Unless you're going on about something else?
You're both are disgusting human beings.
I think it's safe to say anyone defending him at this point is simply a troll trying to stir the pot.
Nah. Calling them a troll minimises their vileness.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
Wasent his sister the first one to calll him out?

Anyways its absolutely disgusting. Child grooming and abuse :(

I remember a lot of people bashing La Toya and calling her crazy back in the 90s. She was actually telling the truth the entire time.

I think MJ is gross, but La Toya actually said she was pressured to do that by her husband Jack Gordon, who was allegedly an abusive POS.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
For those that can empathize, this is awful to take in. MJ knew what he was doing using his fame for power. Looking back at it... I just wonder how much of his circle actually knew and allowed him to take it to the grave.

Why are people defending MJ in a DMC thread? Lol.

There's an MJ reference in the game, thread was asking people if Capcom should pull the scene or not. Most people went several steps beyond simply saying they didn't think Capcom should pull it.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Wasent his sister the first one to calll him out?

Here's another video of Latoya calling him out that someone posted in the Leaving Neverland thread:

I remember a lot of people bashing La Toya and calling her crazy back in the 90s. She was actually telling the truth the entire time.

Yep. I mentioned this in the other thread. Back in the '90s and early 2000s Latoya got made fun of constantly in the media and was regularly the butt of jokes by late night comedians like Jay Leno as the "crazy Jackson" who was always 'mouthing off' or doing some crazy stunt. I remember her calling out MJ for his behavior back then too. While I think she was a little unhinged it's more clear than ever now she was obviously fed up with her family and MJ's entourage and fans blindly backing him up and couldn't take it anymore.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still waiting for Drewton to defend their man in this thread. I wonder if he's had time to watch the documentary yet? You've made defending Michael your main hobby for years. He managed to never get banned despite being one of the most staunch victim doubting pedophile defenders to ever grace a Michael Jackson Thread. I reported his posts but I guess no one cared.
I'll just post one link: First of many
Got time to shout down this crowd? I'm sure you explained away this video years ago. Let us know about Michael's innocent soul.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
So, I love Michael Jackson's music. I grew up on it and it was a big part of my life as a kid and teenager. Obviously, there is renewed interest and new (to me, at least) evidence of, at best, inappropriate behavior by Jackson. It's wildly disappointing for me that this is the case, but it's hard to not seriously question what was going on between Jackson and the kids in his life.

I find with other actors, artists, etc., when relatively bad things surface about them, I more or less cut them out of my rotation of music/movies/etc, because I don't want to support that person. In MJ's case, well, he's dead. Listening to his music doesn't provide him any monetary advantage.

So, what do you all personally believe in regards to a "separating art from the artist" approach to a dead artist?
"And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike"
"The way you make me feel it really turns me on"
"Your butt is mine"

Nah, I think I'm good

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
The whole Jackson family and La Toya situation is a mess, and at times it is hard to know what exactly to believe because both her family and her husband were abusive, but none of that takes away from the fact that Michael Jackson was a pedophile and others had to suspect something.

malik180

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how many videos like these are going to start popping up after the documentary release. But it's pretty certain in my mind that MJ was pedo. But back then FBI investigated him and couldn't connect the dots?

Deckerd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Defenders keep raising their standard of proof. In the criminal justice system a case can be decided based on eye witness testimony which can leave no reasonable doubt in a judge's mind.

If a judge has the right to decide a case in this manner so do I. I find the evidence overwhelming, we have more than just testimony. I believe Michael Jackson committed these disgusting acts and he should be condemned.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering the same thing.

Bill O'Reilly had hair??

As a kid who grew up in the '80s and 90s watching Inside Edition it was really weird seeing Bill O'Reilly all of a sudden on Fox News wanting everyone to take him deadly serious after years of seeing him do all those endless, smarmy puff pieces on an ultra cheesy entertainment "news" show.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm still waiting for Drewton to defend their man in this thread. I wonder if he's had time to watch the documentary yet? You've made defending Michael your main hobby for years. He managed to never get banned despite being one of the most staunch victim doubting pedophile defenders to ever grace a Michael Jackson Thread. I reported his posts but I guess no one cared.
Got time to shout down this crowd? I'm sure you explained away this video years ago. Let us know about Michael's innocent soul.

Why would you do this instead of PMing him? To try and get him banned after saying that mods "didn't care" about your reports?

You literally tagged someone in the hope of starting a public argument.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you do this instead of PMing him? Just out of hope that he gets banned? What is the point of tagging someone who isn't even involved in this thread?
He certainly has the ability to fake contriteness at any point, like you yourself could. But yeah, if he's still a pedophile defender I hope he gets banned, sure.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you trying to get people banned that said nothing in this thread?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you do this instead of PMing him? To try and get him banned after saying that mods "didn't care" about your reports?

Are you trying to get people banned that said nothing in this thread?

That's it exactly, and I'm not getting baited.

He's on my ignore list now.

EDIT: And for other posters, no, I definitely don't think I would be banned for saying my thoughts on the subject, I simply have no desire to engage with a person like this, and as I've said before I'm not getting involved with threads like this as I haven't seen the doc yet.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
But... but... The evidence! /s

The part with the rings was one of the most chilling parts of the docu. Good to see this footage re-emerge.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Antagonizing other users over a series of posts
That's it exactly, and I'm not getting baited.

He's on my ignore list.
Hahaha. "I'm not getting baited into defending Jackson". Instead you'll just stay silent. You literally want to defend him so bad you can't even lie about not wanting to defend a pedophile. You KNOW you will get banned if you say what you want.

Good enough pal! You ignored me because you defend a pedophile and I called you out! Don't say it, the truth is plain as day.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that bothers me about this Michael Jackson scandal is that he didn't certainly try to hide his predilection for children. Dude should have been raked over coals while he was alive, not many years after his death. There's no justice here.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
To the people who don't believe it yet because they think this wasn't denied to begin with, don't try.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just watched the first part of the hbo documentary, i didnt knew the full story, i was ignorant about that
omg

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Since you're calling people out, why not backup what you said about me

Go ahead and show me a single post here where I did this. Or can you not provide any evidence to backup your claims?
How about you tell us how you feel about MJ? You were defending asking questions to "form a complete opinion". Well...the questions were answered. What's your opinion?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how many videos like these are going to start popping up after the documentary release. But it's pretty certain in my mind that MJ was pedo. But back then FBI investigated him and couldn't connect the dots?

the FBI didn't investigate him for 12 years. It's a lie that MJ defenders frequently bring up, a claim that is specious. The FBI investigated MJ for 12 years, in the same way that if you got drive through McDonalds twice in a 10 year period, once in 2009 once again in 2019, that you could claim you'd "been eating at McDonalds for 10 years."

The FBI never launched a proper investigation into MJ. Rather, the Santa Barbra Police Department would occasionally ask them to perform services that only a federal agency can, like check to see if a restraining order was filed on someone or not. In other words, they worked fact verification for the police, in 2 specific years, not actually investigated themselves. They weren't building evidence for a purpose, there was no investigation. Which is why they can point out a 600-page """report""" but when you read it, it's just a bunch of random search print outs.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
The thing that bothers me about this Michael Jackson scandal is that he didn't certainly try to hide his predilection for children. Dude should have been raked over coals while he was alive, not many years after his death. There's no justice here.
That's probably because he did his best to squash the rumors and misdirect the media circus. Now after his death, he can't do that anymore. And things like this come out way after a person's death. Look at Jimmy Savile and the horrific stuff that was found out after he died.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I will say I don't think anybody would want to be as big as Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson didn't live a normal life and it's very hard to make sense of all the contradictory rumors about his life. There are an equal amount of people who believe he molested kids and others who believe he was chemically castrated by his father to preserve his voice. https://people.com/music/michael-jackson-chemically-castrated-by-joe-jackson-conrad-murray-claims/
The childlike voice he used was fake though

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
How about you tell us how you feel about MJ? You were defending asking questions to "form a complete opinion". Well...the questions were answered. What's your opinion?
I didn't need that question answered personally, as this isn't news to me. I've stated I'm in the group that believes MJ has clearly had highly inappropriate relationships with little kids and I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted my kids (if I had any) around him.

I was simply saying that everyone may not have all the facts together and should be allowed to ask some questions.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
"baiting" people to get banned should be well banned itself.

On topic, this is really unsettling with the unearth video. Very interesting about latoya. I was little back then so I had no idea all this happened and people didn't listen.

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine defending a piece of shit who used the Make A Wish foundation to find a young boy with cancer to groom and then rape who just wanted to meet Michael Jackson.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
So basically, these threads are for the sole purpose of pages of posters saying the same thing and any anyone who even remotely dsagrees should be banned?

There are certainly people arguing in bad faith but what you're saying is a bit much. You're basically saying this thread should be bait to ban people who disagree with you.
Jesus Christ. I've seen a ton of your posts on this site. How can you type this?

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
dd I remember being shit on for saying I believed the victims days before the documentary came up. I've always believed this dude was a creep at best and a pedophile at worst. I used to justify that I could listen to his music up until about Bad because that is when the allegations began. Don't really listen to him the past five years or so anyways. I discovered Janet Jackson made better albums.

I really do feel bad for these victims. I'm hoping that the documentary was a cathartic release for them and helped heal some of their scars (though I know not all scars can heal). They were physically and psychologically abused.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
See, this is something I didn't know and I'd ask for some evidence to back this up. Not because I'm trying to defend that it was MJ's real voice but because I want to have proof if I ever mention this to someone.

He was very well vocally trained. His speech was an affectation to go along with the rest of his image. He used the lower part of his speaking voice quite often, though. He basically sounds like his brothers.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

He was very well vocally trained. His speech was an affectation to go along with the rest of his image. He used the lower part of his speaking voice quite often, though. He basically sounds like his brothers.

It's weird that I've actually seen some of these clips when I was much younger but I guess I didn't notice it over time. When it's pieced together like this video it's pretty evident for sure. Thanks.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
If Jackson were an insurance executive, a vacuum salesman, an attorney etc, and traveled and spent all his time with 12 year boys, slept in the bed with them no one would be surprised that he was a pedophile.
Also, if Jackson had traveled with 12 year old girls, slept in bed with them.....would anyone really defend him, would anyone doubt he was grooming them?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, since the first talks about this documentary I have not listened to any Michael Jackson. I just can't with a clear conscience.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is pretty iron-clad to me. There's no innocent explanation of going ring shopping with little boys (why is MJ even there at all, let alone in disguise, instead of getting his staff to buy these rings or something? Are most importantly, why would he have these boys with him while he's shopping period? What are they even doing there in the first place? Why would MJ even have these boys with him as he shops for rings unless it's exactly what it seems?) and it lines up with what the victims said MJ did in the documentary.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Why are you calling someone out for calling someone out for defending a pedophile? Like why are you in here going so hard to defend people who are standing up for a pedophile?