• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I missed some announcement, but there was no clear release date for this beyond end of November confirmed via Twitter earlier this year, so this was a bit surprising.

The price is €34,99 in Eurozone.

Edit:

Last edited:

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Never been into the series but know people who have been/are seriously addicted. This seems dangerous.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping this is good, yet again price is hard to swallow considering iPad version is the same game

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
34.99 is a bit steep for me. But I'm sure there are many out there who will buy it and put hundreds of hours into it.

I got FM18 pretty cheap around New Year, I'll wait and see.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Would have bought if there was a discount for owning FM18, £29.99 is too much to ask 6 months later

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Is FM18 touch still available on switch and how much is it compared to this?

I don't have a switch yet but getting one.

I feel like 29 pounds is a bit steep for just the touch version especially when on Pc you can get both for that price.

I hope 2020 they release the full version on switch as there's no technical reason why they couldn't.

OP
OP
KingSnake

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
How big is the difference between the Pc and the Switch Version?

Compared to the full version (because Touch is also on PC) is more streamlined without a lot of fluff like press conferences and thing like this. I also think the training part is more complex in the full version. Personally I prefer the touch version even on PC.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
You havn't missed any announcement, it's a surprise one.

Well, the producer did made a tweet yesterday to look at the official twitter account today for "news regarding FM Touch on Switch" but that's all.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I'll wait for reviews, but if it's somewhat good, it's a must buy.

doagrl

Nov 1, 2017
USA
I played tons of FM18 Touch on Switch but I don't feel the need to update right now. If they offered a discount to the previous version owners I might have caved & bought it but this is just too expensive when you compare the Touch prices on other hardware.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
30 Season Limit, which is nice:

I think sometimes people upgrade every 2-3 years. I'm debating buying this one though.

Its a shame because Sega is the publisher and they offer discounts for the Valkryia games on the eShop, so its not like they don't have a history of doing so

Plus give it 2 weeks and it'll be £20 on sale like FM18 was

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Really didn't like playing FM2018 on my switch, found it farrrrr too slow in loads but I am incredibly impatient.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Its a shame because Sega is the publisher and they offer discounts for the Valkryia games on the eShop, so its not like they don't have a history of doing so

Really? FM 2018 went to £20 that soon? So...Christmas Sale maybe?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Is this digital only again? Might just stick with 2018 for the time being

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

Really? FM 2018 went to £20 that soon? So...Christmas Sale maybe?
Might have been a bit longer than that but I remember being annoyed that it went on sale so soon
It was £20 exactly two months after release. April 13 release and on June 13 it was £20 for a month, and hasn't been on sale after that.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, i dont think they changed enought to earn a new purchase this year

I will stick with 2018 touch for now

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
SEGA Europe =/= SEGA Japan
Football Manager is under SEGA Europe, not Japan.
I wouldn't say that matters in the slightest, point is its possible to do so, Sega do it already on the eShop and even if it is a Sega Europe decision, they've been doing it on Steam for years

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Never really played much of 2018 despite buying it at launch. Have they sorted out some of the cumbersome/clunk menus?

OP
OP
KingSnake

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Never really played much of 2018 despite buying it at launch. Have they sorted out some of the cumbersome/clunk menus?

On a quick check the interface is pretty similar with 2018, first thing I noticed is that B works now as cancel for the menus, I remember that in the previous version some menu wouldn't close unless pressing the same button again which was pretty strange.

Another improvement, the menus are now closing once you pick an option instead of remaining on top and needing to close them every time.

As FM is my goto game for flying and I have a flight on Friday, I will dig deeper into it then.

edit: the menus are definitely snappier this time.

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm in the market to play touch, Steam or switch?

I'm a long time player , sort of like the portable aspect of the switch but not if the controls and interface is bad.