• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Makes sense with the European football season over and transfer window open people need to get thier fix of footy from somewhere FM allways peaks in the off season.

Oct 27, 2017
It usually does around this number, I believe?

Also, full credit to Miles for acknowledging the cost of living crisis, but the yearly value proposition of FM is absolutely extraordinary. I think it's a valid means of escaping for several hundred hours if you're actively looking to cut down entertainment spending elsewhere.

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It usually does around this number, I believe?

Also, full credit to Miles for acknowledging the cost of living crisis, but the yearly value proposition of FM is absolutely extraordinary. I think it's a valid means of escaping for several hundred hours if you're actively looking to cut down entertainment spending elsewhere.
It is a bit hard to tell as Sega tends to give IP sales rather than single game sales. For example here 3.8 million units is listed for the entire IP in the fiscal year 2020-2021.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Game of forever. I must have hundreds to thousands of hours in pretty much every SI footy release since Championship Manager back in the day.

I gotta give a shoutout to Eastside Hockey Manager too. It's a bit older engine-wise so its missing a lot of the nice upgrades in the last decade to Football Manager simulation and management engine but god damn is it not the best hockey management game out there. It just recently received a new beta branch that has fixed many bugs and allowed more customization of leagues and rules. There are some absolutely fabulous Steam Workshop rosters available and its so much better in terms of league simulation than OOTP Developments Franchise Hockey Manager.

75% off right now and worth checking out if you like hockey and FM type games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/Eastside_Hockey_Manager/

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
Great to see, and another example showing that putting games on Game Pass doesn't kill sales?
Game of forever. I must have hundreds to thousands of hours in pretty much every SI footy release since Championship Manager back in the day.

I gotta give a shoutout to Eastside Hockey Manager too. It's a bit older engine-wise so its missing a lot of the nice upgrades in the last decade to Football Manager simulation and management engine but god damn is it not the best hockey management game out there. It just recently received a new beta branch that has fixed many bugs and allowed more customization of leagues and rules. There are some absolutely fabulous Steam Workshop rosters available and its so much better in terms of league simulation than OOTP Developments Franchise Hockey Manager.

75% off right now and worth checking out if you like hockey and FM type games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/Eastside_Hockey_Manager/
Oh interestingly, I played that so much back in the day but felt like it got stale so I dropped it and was never quite impressed with FHM.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see. Personally the least I've ever played an FM, but that's because of the lack of FM Touch on PC this year.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
unsurprising. fm only gets more popular each year.

decided to stick with my 2021 save though. didn't think there was that much improvement this year. we'll see if 2023 offers any significant upgrades.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I am on FM20 and i am waiting for this year's FM to jump back in.

I am also buying a new PC with top of the line components so i'll be going every single league on my save game!

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I really wish I could *buy* this game, but due to Brazil's bizarre player licencing laws I can't.

Considering Brazil is a big market for football and gaming, I imagine SEGA wishes they could sell it here too, alas...

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
These games always sell well, so no shock there. I have played quite a bit of FM myself, and they are fun games. Only thing I dislike, is that they havent expanded enough into the financial part of the game. Seeing as how marketing and such play such a big deal these days, I would love to be able to do dabble more with that. But FM will always sell well, just like FIFA

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly thought it would be higher. Right now it has 70k concurrent.
I know plenty of people who ONLY play this game so doesn't surprise me honestly! Same people who have been playing various versions (champ man) of it since I was teen 20+ years ago so concurrent is usually always high

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
FM22 is probably my most played game other than Warzone this year. It's just so damn addicting. Love it and can't wait until 2023 comes out.