• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

FootyEra 18/19 Season |OT 2| Yeovil Ipswich Kilmarnock Everton Spurs

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Tbf Burton are 2.5 leagues below and City played a full fucking strength team.
To be fair, City had backups in 7 of the positions. They're just really good backups mostly (Garcia only turned 18 today).

KDB (getting back to fitness after 5 months out more or less), Silva (getting back to fitness after a few weeks injured), Walker (rotating finally now that Danilo is healthy) and Sane were the only actual first choices players to start today.

2nd leg will be interesting. City could field the U21 team that beat Rochdale in the Checkatrade Trophy and probably give Burton a decent game, but realistically Pep will play a strong team. I'm sure there will be a few more teenagers involved though.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Good move by Aaron Ramsay

Juve play 3 in midfield, on his day Ramsay is better than Khedira, Can and Matuidi, he won't be short of chances to prove himself.

Oct 31, 2017
Huh. Would not have assumed that with his body build. Then again I don't follow that joke league.

Guess De Ligt is off the table Dragoon
Id we don't get Hernandez (I think we're already out of De Ligt race), I will fly to Munich and throw hands to Uli and Rummenigge. Cheap cunts.

Parvard has not been good this year.

Oct 31, 2017
I think Hazard wold be great for Madrid. (of course he alone wont fix everything, he needs to come with some other players)

The entire midfield, except for Modric has to be replaced.

And the biggest problem we have right now is the team has nobody to actually make that final pass, or someone that can create those chances or the space to shoot it themselves. The guy closest to doing that right now in the team is Lucas Vazquez.
Honestly expecting a 250m euro Neymar to Madrid transfer this summer. But Madrid might go loco and just buy both of them for around 400m.

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Honestly expecting a 250m euro Neymar to Madrid transfer this summer. But Madrid might go loco and just buy both of them for around 400m.
Neymar breaking the market twice would be fun at least!

I'm far more curious to see who Madrid get as a coach though and how much they renew their team or not (a few of the key players of the past 10 years are now 30+).

Dec 22, 2018
I think Hazard wold be great for Madrid. (of course he alone wont fix everything, he needs to come with some other players)

The entire midfield, except for Modric has to be replaced.

And the biggest problem we have right now is the team has nobody to actually make that final pass, or someone that can create those chances or the space to shoot it themselves. The guy closest to doing that right now in the team is Lucas Vazquez.
Hazard is an inconsistent player prone to sulking and complaining going to a club where the media and the fans slaughter a player if he has one bad game or does a bad move.

I don't think it ends well.

Plus I get the impression Madrid are no longer about huge Galatico signings, they seem to prefer to invest in youth.

I think they are trying to replicate what Barca did with La Masia

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hazard is an inconsistent player prone to sulking and complaining going to a club where the media and the fans slaughter a player if he has one bad game or does a bad move.

I don't think it ends well.

Plus I get the impression Madrid are no longer about huge Galatico signings, they seem to prefer to invest in youth.

I think they are trying to replicate what Barca did with La Masia
But...their bald fraud already left? A bit late for that, no? :P

Wez

Sep 11, 2018
What a joke last nights result was. Makes a mockery of the competition. They should cancel the second leg
How is it a mockery? City showed them respect by not easing off.

This isn't american sports where teams are dragged down if they get too good, its real competition.

Oct 27, 2017
Well good luck to Ramsey, he isn't good enough for Juventus but I hope he gets some game time. Given the current state of our midfield and lack of transfer funds I would rather have kept him honestly

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Clyne moving is a good thing. Trent is first choice and fit, so barring a fuck-up there we're covered for the next few games. Matip is back shortly, he's already managed to keep fit since his injury (collarbone) hasn't kept him front training, and Gomez is coming along as predicted - as much as it irks me, he is Klopp's other RB, with Matip/Lovren being his replacement at times. I'd say Fabinho to join VVD, Klopp experimented with that in pre-season and Fab's had a whole half a season working/following his direction now.

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
What kind of contract demand is that lmao.
His refusal to play DM (or when it's too cold, or he's tired, or doesn't deem the opponent worthy of his presence, etc.) is the reason of his fallout with PSG and Deschamps in the first place. The dude is an arrogant brat and his agent/mother is not doing him any favors.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, Clyne moving is a good thing. Trent is first choice and fit, so barring a fuck-up there we're covered for the next few games. Matip is back shortly, he's already managed to keep fit since his injury (collarbone) hasn't kept him front training, and Gomez is coming along as predicted - as much as it irks me, he is Klopp's other RB, with Matip/Lovren being his replacement at times. I'd say Fabinho to join VVD, Klopp experimented with that in pre-season and Fab's had a whole half a season working/following his direction now.
I think Camacho's loan being vetoed by Klopp means he wants him as a back up full back, so hopefully that means no more Gomez at RB. I don't know if it means Milner doesn't need to play there any more, otherwise not letting him leave is just weird.

Oct 26, 2017
My understanding of it, and I think it was the same last summer, is that Premier League FFP rules which limit yearly increases on wage bills and the club doing poor commercial deals are why we "have no money". Lack of CL revenue also a problem.

We got rid of some players off the wage bill last year but then added others on (Auba £200k, Miki £180k, Laca £100k, Kola £120k plus Ozil wage rise).

Cech, Licht, Welbeck and Ramsey free up money in the summer, plus Elneny will likely leave as well. Get rid of Ozil and Miki and that frees up a ton more too.

Turns out Gazidis really was a big part of the problem.

Oct 27, 2017
My understanding of it, and I think it was the same last summer, is that Premier League FFP rules which limit yearly increases on wage bills and the club doing poor commercial deals are why we "have no money". Lack of CL revenue also a problem.

We got rid of some players off the wage bill last year but then added others on (Auba £200k, Miki £180k, Laca £100k, Kola £120k plus Ozil wage rise).

Cech, Licht, Welbeck and Ramsey free up money in the summer, plus Elneny will likely leave as well. Get rid of Ozil and Miki and that frees up a ton more too.

Turns out Gazidis really was a big part of the problem.
If you listen to what Arsenal based reporters have been saying the last year it sounds like the main reason is that Kronke's a turd and is refusing to invest a single dollar of his own money into recruitment, and unless share prices start to take a hit that won't change