• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
Gomez is back by the end of this month, Matip is already back so it's not like CB isn't covered. The problem with just buying someone now is blooding them into our system. Virgil walked in because he's already the finished article, but literally every other player we sign goes through a transition with us before they start playing regularly. Introducing a RB now will be way riskier than Milner/Gomez/Camacho/Fabinho for this reason. And then what; we sign another RB who will clearly be behind both Trent and Gomez once both are fit? An established player being third choice behind two wonderkids? Another youngster? The former won't see a move here for that position as anything other than a declaration of their own lack of first team ability, and a youngster will be inept compared to those two, because both are already being tauted as as good you can get in their age range. Either scenario gets us a significantly weaker player than someone already in the squad.

Injuries are piling up, but players are also recovering from them as quickly and expectantly.
This is true but all those injuries coming at once is horrible, luckily we've got a couple games at home

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do Liverpool bros think of Camacho?
Only played one senior game this season, being the Wolves FA cup which was in fairness, a heavily changed side. Nobody really came out with that much credit. But I didn't think he looked great. Looked a bit headless, just wanted to bomb on constantly and got caught. But he's young so who knows.

Can tell you he'd be behind Milner, Gomez when fit, and Fabinho in terms of that RB position with Trent out.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only played one senior game this season, being the Wolves FA cup which was in fairness, a heavily changed side. Nobody really came out with that much credit. But I didn't think he looked great. Looked a bit headless, just wanted to bomb on constantly and got caught. But he's young so who knows.

Can tell you he'd be behind Milner, Gomez when fit, and Fabinho in terms of that RB position with Trent out.
To be fair to him though, he is by trade a winger and can play in the midfield as a 10. He has played there for the under 23s a couple of times this season.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
What do Liverpool bros think of Camacho?

Was tidy in pre-season but that's a far cry from slugging it out in January.

Klopp rates him highly, enough to let Clyne go on loan and to veto him leaving for Sporting. I like the fact he's happy to go forward, the overlap always brings out the best in Salah when he comes in off the wing. Hopefully we can get back to having a settled midfield and backline so Camacho can settle in for the next few weeks.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the bigger point is Klopp still doesn't know his best midfield. It rotates so much.

For me it's probably Gini and Fabinho as the 2 and probably Shaq in front. But that doesn't work against the Top 6 really. It did against Arsenal, but we looked vulnerable at times, hence why he didn't do it for the City game.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
This gave me a chuckle earlier. Don't know where it originated from (edit: It's from The Guardian):

Capture2.jpg
Haha yeah David Squires has been doing these for ages. Always funny.

Oh the irony of calling people snowflakes whilst frothing at the mouth and turning beet red at shaving products and sausage rolls.

I'm sure Piers Morgan is at least partly an act, but pretending to be stupid just to rile up other stupid people and make money off them is a level of cynicism I can't really comprehend. That and he's also a fucking idiot

Oh no, Morgan really is that much of a cunt.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Looking at the games Kane will miss, top 4 could be a challenge for them

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Out of curiosity, are there any Newcastle fans on here?

I remember one chap in particular back in the gloomy NeoGAF days whom occasionally (i.e. when they won) supported them.

Just thought to say that their match against Blackburn seemed like it was an interesting one, what with a few players coming on (in extra time) only to pick up an injury...

Poor Rafa.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can obviously read it both ways; "mind games, or saving this quote for later" but Mane doesn't chat shit needlessly, he's right. There is fuck all else we can do (other than just buying as many stars as City did) to win this that we aren't already excelling at. We could royally fuck up, or just burn out but at this stage, if you can't have faith in them as a Red, you'll never have it.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can obviously read it both ways; "mind games, or saving this quote for later" but Mane doesn't chat shit needlessly, he's right. There is fuck all else we can do (other than just buying as many stars as City did) to win this that we aren't already excelling at. We could royally fuck up, or just burn out but at this stage, if you can't have faith in them as a Red, you'll never have it.
Yeah, If I didn't believe and have faith in what is the best Liverpool team I've seen in my lifetime, then there's no point being along for the ride.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Agree with you 100%

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Arsenal fans , I know times are tough right now..

But we will prevail!

As Jadakiss said: "We gon' make it! We gon' make it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.