• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Sky were up at Leeds training ground earlier, lots of signs and cameras up, almost like they don't want anyone snooping on them.

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Bielsa is quality and has essentially highlighted the absurdity of Derby crying about somebody watching them train for a bit by slamming down a dossier that his team have compiled on all FIFTY ONE games that Derby played last season, right down to the individual minutes each player still in squad spent in each position and the types of play they instigated when in those scenarios.

The "it's not the way we do things in this country" brigade can fuck off, especially all the weasel ex-players coming out of the woodwork (Pearce, Collymore, Keown etc.). No, it isn't. It's of a far, far higher standard than anything we're used to in this country. If they want to get on his level then they better start working a lot fucking harder. Now leave him alone and let him get on with getting Leeds back in the Premier League, a magnificent achievement which no doubt will be overlooked thanks for spygate.

snogrigg

Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys, trying to get back into the sport after not really following along for the past decade. Any good twitter accounts or podcasts (other than MiB) to follow for news/analysis/commentary?

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
The "it's not the way we do things in this country" brigade can fuck off, especially all the weasel ex-players coming out of the woodwork (Pearce, Collymore, Keown etc.). No, it isn't. It's of a far, far higher standard than anything we're used to in this country. If they want to get on his level then they better start working a lot fucking harder. Now leave him alone and let him get on with getting Leeds back in the Premier League, a magnificent achievement which no doubt will be overlooked thanks for spygate.

I'm pretty sure that both United and City have installed blockers at their training grounds so that its harder for people to spy on their training sessions - Klopp was talking about making sure that was possible at Liverpool's new training ground too, which obviously wouldn't be necessary if it wasn't already a thing in the UK

The people saying "its not the way its done in this country" are the same gammon pricks who blame foreigners for diving too, both accusations are total bollocks

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's just a slow week. No mega transfers yet, no real news stories. The fact spygate is so central means there's nothing really to pick at with any of the bigger clubs right now - Mou literally is a perfect example of this.

Add to that any attention away from football this week is likely to cause an even greater sense of apathy than usual for a number of our regulars.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a slow week. No mega transfers yet, no real news stories. The fact spygate is so central means there's nothing really to pick at with any of the bigger clubs right now - Mou literally is a perfect example of this.

Add to that any attention away from football this week is likely to cause an even greater sense of apathy than usual for a number of our regulars.
Nah, its fucking dead. We'd go through 10 pages a day, lucky if we do that within 2 weeks now.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017

huawtcyyv0b21.jpg

Yissss

Last edited:

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant! Fucking get everyone we need on lockdown! Alisson and VVD signed for the long term, we've got youth players extending contracts, Hendo, all the front three, and now Robbo. This comes with the news we're letting Moreno and Sturridge run there's down and look elsewhere. This squad is almost unrecognisable from Rodgers.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
He deserves to get paid, fair play to him. Best LB in the prem out of absolutely nowhere. Fantastic attitude too, you always get 100% from him.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Barca might get thrown out of the Copa del Rey for playing an ineligible player.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
So which skeevy cunt papers were trying to out Loftus-Cheek as gay?

What gives these cunts the right to try and sell that story even if it was true?

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
So which skeevy cunt papers were trying to out Loftus-Cheek as gay?

What gives these cunts the right to try and sell that story even if it was true?

It'll sell papers/get clicks. That's all the justification they need.

Don't worry, they'll print an apology in a footnote somewhere 3 weeks time.

And those Tory cunts said we didn't need Leveson. Pricks.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
It'll sell papers/get clicks. That's all the justification they need.

Don't worry, they'll print an apology in a footnote somewhere 3 weeks time.

And those Tory cunts said we didn't need Leveson. Pricks.
The fuck, really? What cunts!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/46906775

I've long said that any apology should take up the same space and prominence as the article about which is was apologising for. You lead your front page with a false story, be prepared to apologise on the same page. I'm all for a press press, but these cunts are allowed to get away with some crap.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I've long said that any apology should take up the same space and prominence as the article about which is was apologising for. You lead your front page with a false story, be prepared to apologise on the same page. I'm all for a press press, but these cunts are allowed to get away with some crap.
I'd go with that too; take the equal size and space used for the article to explain how and why said article was written and edited, otherwise even the backhanded apology completely sidesteps any and all onus on the journos responsible for putting out that shit.

Like that's ever fucking happen though.

torresregen

Banned
Jan 13, 2019
Having Gini is massive. Please be fit. 10 day break to Dubai after Palace with everyone back fit would be amazing. Hearing Trent's injury is not that big, back in 2 weeks potentially

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Pizza Hut twitter is on point

Sunderland think Leeds burned Pizza Hut.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46903807

Imke Wubbenhorst, who made history in December by becoming the first woman to manage in Germany's fifth tier when she took over at BV Cloppenburg.

She told Welt how one journalist had asked her whether she warned players to put their pants on when she entered the dressing room.

"Of course not, I'm a professional," she responded, sarcastically. "I pick my players based on their penis size."

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017

BUT FREEEEEEE SPEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH

The papers did cry this last time something like this was muted.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
BUT FREEEEEEE SPEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCHHHHHHHHH

The papers did cry this last time something like this was muted.
They are daft cunts. You're free to say whatever you like. But if you're wrong you have to apologise especially if 4 million twats read your shitrag every day. Shocker, more might have to print facts.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I know people are probably fed up of Spygate now but I had to laugh when after Bielsa's conference some managers and ex-managers were claiming his preparation his nothing out of the ordinary. Lampard, Mowbray and even Dean Saunders saying they all do it. Aside from missing the point, Bielsa wasn't bragging, just pointing out how watching the opposition train doesn't tell him anything he doesn't already know (it eases his anxiety), they have now being shown up again by Guardiola's comments.

When what they should have done is what Nathan Jones at Stoke has said:

Even putting aside the fact I'm biased because Bielsa is our manager and I love him he is someone who has been credited as a key influence by Guardiola, Pochettino and Simeone among others. Why would a coach, especially a young one, not want to take the opportunity to learn from him instead of dismissing or talking down his methods?

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Amazing news. With Ox back in Feb/March we might finally have a full squad for once

Yep, though I'd lean towards March for Ox, purely because even with the rate of recovery blowing everyone's expectations, he won't be even close to being on the form he was in last season, at least medically speaking. Also, him reappearing is gonna give have a massive effect on the squad, he was loved in the dressing room so I hear, so as our fixtures start to crank up in March, having someone like him to add a bit of buzz around could be vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.