• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
had kinda forgotten about Lamela, that front three looks pretty good. I like Spurs in the tie, having watched Dortmund a decent amount in the Bundesliga I think their record flatters their performances a bit.

shame Alli is hurt, this is the exact type of match where I think he'd thrive

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't that what Favre is consistently all about though ? Making a fool out of his xG and driving football statisticians to despair in the process.

True. That said, the degree of overperformance this season (outperforming XG by .76 goals/game - +31 GD, +15 XGD in 21 matches) seems pretty unsustainable. They also seem to just not play very well for long stretches of games, but maybe that's a stylistic pattern that ties into the whole Favre-magic package.

In general I'm also skeptical of a massive Favre effect, given the sheer # of managers and teams and seasons some randomness is bound to persist over time and look real. I don't doubt there's some effect, but everyone was talking about how Burnley had broken the xG model right up until the shots started going in. Have a lot of uncertainty about that opinion though.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Would personally go Son - Llorente - Lamela

Not a fan of both Lucas and Lamela starting without an actual striker

I see what you are saying and it makes sense. I just figure Llorente has just been kinda "meh" so far. And to be fair, Lucas play seemed to have tailed off somewhat too i feel. But i just felt having speed up front mightve been more useful.

This is why im no manager though. Id be horrid at these types of decisions lol.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since twitter linking is not working:

Subs: Keylor Navas, Vallejo, Mariano, Marcelo, Lucas Vázquez, Asesio y Ceballos.

Starting: Courtois; Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Reguilón; Casemiro, Kroos, Modric; Bale, Vinicius y Benzema.

Reguilon and Vinicius starting makes me happy.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Since twitter linking is not working:

Subs: Keylor Navas, Vallejo, Mariano, Marcelo, Lucas Vázquez, Asesio y Ceballos.

Starting: Courtois; Carvajal, Nacho, Ramos, Reguilón; Casemiro, Kroos, Modric; Bale, Vinicius y Benzema.

Reguilon and Vinicius starting makes me happy.

I wish both games werent on at the same time.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Should be an interesting match this, Spurs vs Dortmund. In theory, both teams like to play attacking football so there should be a couple of goals.

As much as I'd like to see Ajax pull a surprise, I feel like Real will win... with more or less ease, but they will win. We'll see I suppose.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Good first 10 mins by Spurs. But since then they are getting exposed in the back and DOR getting their chances.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
A draw here for Spurs would be a great result considering they are missing Kane and Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.