• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I never seen Real so dominated tactically and physically. They can't get out of their half most of the time.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
How? Buli is way faster this season. Exact same situation on the Ajax goal happened in the Freiburg match on Saturday. Offside is the correct decision.
You know in the stadium and at home what's going on. Go to a game and you know what I mean. My father needs to phone me to know what's going on. Also a lot of times you don't even know at home what the ref is seeing.

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017
You know in the stadium and at home what's going on. Go to a game and you know what I mean. My father needs to phone me to know what's going on. Also a lot of times you don't even know at home what the ref is seeing.

The Ajax fans didn't sound like they knew what was going on. I agree they need a way for the refs to speak (like in the NFL) and maybe also show the replay on the big screens.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Good if not particularly spectacular game this Dor- Spurs clash. Two highly competent teams doing well to cancel each other out until the final minutes when it became more open.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
They need to give the referee a mic like in rugby and the ref to explain the decision for the people in the stadium too.

Nyx

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Utrecht, The Netherlands
What kind of metric is that? Only check goals after massive protest?

No, but it does say something when actually no one from Madrid was protesting the goal imo.

I think it would be better if a team can ask for a VAR review let's say twice per half or something. It interferes a game too much now and there's also a difference on what gets reviewed and what not between games and between the different people behind the VAR. (For example a foul tackle which in game A is reviewed and the player gets a red card while in game B the same kind of tackle does not get reviewed and the player scores the winner)

It causes even more discussion than before so what's the point?

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Son must've been up to ten goals against Dortmund or something. He's basically scored in every game against them, even when he was still in Germany.

image-508368-galleryV9-ahbx-508368.jpg

Suck it, Lüdenscheid-Nord.

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017
No, but it does say something when actually no one from Madrid was protesting the goal imo.

How would they check the offside position in an incredibly fast moving situation. Do you want players to protest every decision? Because that's what you would get with your logic.

I think it would be better if a team can ask for a VAR review let's say twice per half or something. It interferes a game too much now and there's also a difference on what gets reviewed and what not between games and between the different people behind the VAR. (For example a foul tackle which in game A is reviewed and the player gets a red card while in game B the same kind of tackle does not get reviewed and the player scores the winner)

So you would rather have 4 guaranteed breaks per game (who would let their challenge go to waste) with the possibility of using the challenge to waste time + the possibility of a horrible referee mistake going unnoticed because a team used up all of their challenges?
There is a difference in some minute details between teams because the technology is new and the people working it are inexperienced. The cases in which a check or a following review can be done are narrowly defined by IFAB and pretty strictly followed after the inital difficulties I mentioned above.

Nyx

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Utrecht, The Netherlands
How would they check the offside position in an incredibly fast moving situation. Do you want players to protest every decision? Because that's what you would get with your logic.

Most teams already do, especially a team like Madrid. When there is the slightest doubt of offside or a foul or whatever, teams protest. Also, this case of offside wasn't noticeable without the camera right? It used to be a rule that when in doubt about offside, the attacking team should get the benefit. I prefer that rule over this tbh.

So you would rather have 4 guaranteed breaks per game (who would let their challenge go to waste) with the possibility of using the challenge to waste time + the possibility of a horrible referee mistake going unnoticed because a team used up all of their challenges?
There is a difference in some minute details between teams because the technology is new and the people working it are inexperienced. The cases in which a check or a following review can be done are narrowly defined by IFAB and pretty strictly followed after the inital difficulties I mentioned above.

It was a suggestion, all I know is that in it's current form most people who visit games are not a fan and there's weekly discussions on VAR decisions in the papers and on footy talkshows over here, which says to me that it's not working as it should. The whole idea was to make football more fair and reduce discussions on ref decisions, right?

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Goodbye Ajax.

Madrid always find a way.

Juventus Madrid rematch in the final assuming City choke again

Status
Not open for further replies.