• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Very professional performance by United here, knew when to attack and when to just see the game out and done so effectively. Worked well as a team and some great individual talent on display. They knew they needed to not go 110% if they didn't have to because of the fixtures we have.

A very good win for United.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
City will get an easy draw again.

Wasn't expecting that from us tonight without Lingard and Martial.

Matic should have walked tho.

Ole is the first United manager to get a win at Stamford Bridge since Fergie.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cz5dz5l.png

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Not at all shocked to see City get another easy tie. Luckiest cup run ever.

I'll take Wolves though.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Ole has give Woodward a right headache, he's making it very hard to not give him the job.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Ole has now won more Games for United in 13 matches than Mou did in 24.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
United at home's a bugger of a draw, but I'm taking comfort that they think so as well. That would have been unthinkable not so long ago.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
United at home's a bugger of a draw, but I'm taking comfort that they think so as well. That would have been unthinkable not so long ago.
Many I've seen are proper pissed that we got Wolves. They hoped you'd get City as you were probably the only team left that can stop them. That also says something.

Though they are also hoping we rob Neves from you.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Welp...he was misquoted, right? Anybody?

The full quote was:

"Again we're going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don't agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...o-and-tottenham-always-want-to-be-in-top-four

Horribly negative given that was a game they should have won. I don't want a manager spouting that near United after Jose lol

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
There's a large conversation about the subsistence of Top 4 existence being the most financially stringent plan for a club...

But the fact it is repeatedly being forced upon the support by the manager is so underwhelming to hear. Supporters want to see their club thrive and succeed. They want to cheer success.

The last few seasons have been seen as beyond dire by United supporters despite numerous Top 4 finishes. Why? Arrogance? Perhaps. However we're used to success and winning silverware, Top 4 is the bare minimum for a club like United. And that's the attitude Tottenham want to hear not 'we've reached this level and all we want to do is keep this level, this is more important than any trophies'.

Tottenham IS a club that exists in and around the top 4 already - he shouldn't be talking about that being the peak and absolutely priority of the club as it shows a total and utter lack of ambition. He needs to talk up the future, to want to grow and more forwards and not just exist as an upper tier club.

That's one thing that was infuriating about Moyes. He brought his mid-table attitude to a top club. He spoke without confidence or ambition, 'we hope to be as successful as City', or even talking about playing a team like Stoke 'well we're looking to go out there and make it hard for them and to give them a good game, we won't be pushovers'. Fucking hell his press conferences and interviews made it feel like United finished 14th the season before - not champions.

I know Poch is in a tough situation with the board, and doesn't want to straight up call the board tight like Emery did, but he needs to stop putting his foot in his mouth when talking about trophies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Fun looking back at pages 198 onwards where Mou got sacked and everyone else was pissed off, and then Ole got the job and United fans were just hoping he can not be shit, one poster saying Pogba should be following Mou out the door etc.

Ok we get it. Ole is the best. Give him the job, so we can get on with criticizing the decision.
Please, you all gonna do that anyway.

Last edited:

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Fun looking back at pages 198 onwards where Mou got sacked and everyone else was pissed off, and then Ole got the job and United fans were just hoping he can not be shit, one poster saying Pogba should be following Mou out the door etc.

Please, you all gonna do that anyway.

That's my job as a Liverpool fan :P

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
why did conte get sacked anyway?
didn't he win a trophy at least?

who's most likely to replace sarri atm?

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun start to the day; just met Lewandowski's wife Anna - very friendly, Polish girl I work with is besides herself over it.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
why did conte get sacked anyway?
didn't he win a trophy at least?

who's most likely to replace sarri atm?
he pointed out in public the problems he had with the board, board didn't like being told bakayoko and drinkwater weren't suitable replacements for matic or being criticised by their employee in public. Relationship soured during the season, and Conte became less emotional on the touchline and started wearing a tracksuit and not shaving, showing somebody dissatisfied. Even at the end of the season though, he never lost the fans. Same with Jose, even near the relegation zone the fans still wanted him to stay. Sarri is the first coach since Rafa that the fans seem to hate

P.s Anybody else hear the 'Antonio, Antonio...' chants yesterday? 70% sure I heard them but didn't see any press or twitter confirm this so guess it was my imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.