• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Who remembers the glory days of late 00's/early 2010's Liverpool?

42853813_2142364925776352_7019400545186086912_o.jpg

Absolutely glorious.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't know why they would sell if they don't get a ridiculous offer. I get that he's a declining asset but it's not like you can get a striker anywhere near the quality of Arnautovic for 35m.
Aging, not declining 😉

He earned us a point all on his own from 2-0 down just last week.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Tbf Burton are 2.5 leagues below and City played a full fucking strength team.
To be fair, City had backups in 7 of the positions. They're just really good backups mostly (Garcia only turned 18 today).

KDB (getting back to fitness after 5 months out more or less), Silva (getting back to fitness after a few weeks injured), Walker (rotating finally now that Danilo is healthy) and Sane were the only actual first choices players to start today.

2nd leg will be interesting. City could field the U21 team that beat Rochdale in the Checkatrade Trophy and probably give Burton a decent game, but realistically Pep will play a strong team. I'm sure there will be a few more teenagers involved though.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Good move by Aaron Ramsay

Juve play 3 in midfield, on his day Ramsay is better than Khedira, Can and Matuidi, he won't be short of chances to prove himself.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think Hazard wold be great for Madrid. (of course he alone wont fix everything, he needs to come with some other players)

The entire midfield, except for Modric has to be replaced.

And the biggest problem we have right now is the team has nobody to actually make that final pass, or someone that can create those chances or the space to shoot it themselves. The guy closest to doing that right now in the team is Lucas Vazquez.
Honestly expecting a 250m euro Neymar to Madrid transfer this summer. But Madrid might go loco and just buy both of them for around 400m.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Honestly expecting a 250m euro Neymar to Madrid transfer this summer. But Madrid might go loco and just buy both of them for around 400m.
Neymar breaking the market twice would be fun at least!

I'm far more curious to see who Madrid get as a coach though and how much they renew their team or not (a few of the key players of the past 10 years are now 30+).

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Chelsea are getting rid of established players when thier posistion in the top 4 is not guaranteed.

The management are a joke

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I think Hazard wold be great for Madrid. (of course he alone wont fix everything, he needs to come with some other players)

The entire midfield, except for Modric has to be replaced.

And the biggest problem we have right now is the team has nobody to actually make that final pass, or someone that can create those chances or the space to shoot it themselves. The guy closest to doing that right now in the team is Lucas Vazquez.

Hazard is an inconsistent player prone to sulking and complaining going to a club where the media and the fans slaughter a player if he has one bad game or does a bad move.

I don't think it ends well.

Plus I get the impression Madrid are no longer about huge Galatico signings, they seem to prefer to invest in youth.

I think they are trying to replicate what Barca did with La Masia

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hazard is an inconsistent player prone to sulking and complaining going to a club where the media and the fans slaughter a player if he has one bad game or does a bad move.

I don't think it ends well.

Plus I get the impression Madrid are no longer about huge Galatico signings, they seem to prefer to invest in youth.

I think they are trying to replicate what Barca did with La Masia
But...their bald fraud already left? A bit late for that, no? :P

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
What a joke last nights result was. Makes a mockery of the competition. They should cancel the second leg

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Well good luck to Ramsey, he isn't good enough for Juventus but I hope he gets some game time. Given the current state of our midfield and lack of transfer funds I would rather have kept him honestly

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Clyne moving is a good thing. Trent is first choice and fit, so barring a fuck-up there we're covered for the next few games. Matip is back shortly, he's already managed to keep fit since his injury (collarbone) hasn't kept him front training, and Gomez is coming along as predicted - as much as it irks me, he is Klopp's other RB, with Matip/Lovren being his replacement at times. I'd say Fabinho to join VVD, Klopp experimented with that in pre-season and Fab's had a whole half a season working/following his direction now.

Status
Not open for further replies.