• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Absurd in that the Italian league hasn't managed to really throw a challenge their way in the mentioned 8 years. Napoli came close-ish a couple of times, but always seems to waste precious points here and there.

Not absurd. Napoli and Roma will never be able to compete. Only Inter and Milan could but for multiple reasons they went to shit.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Why not? Money comes and goes, to say they'll never be able to compete seems a bit... daring, I'd say.
Gap is too big and increase every year. Aurielo de Laurentis will never spend a lot of money and Napoli has less than half of Juve revenues. Roma is more or less the same. But it's not only that. Do you really think that Sassuolo Juventus is a real match for example? More like Juve B vs Juve A in an "officlal" friendly lmao.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Gap is too big and increase every year. Aurielo de Laurentis will never spend a lot of money and Napoli has less than half of Juve revenues. Roma is more or less the same. But it's not only that. Do you really think that Sassuolo Juventus is a real match for example? More like Juve B vs Juve A in an "officlal" friendly lmao.
It's not so much about this match, it's more about an 11 point gap (with this victory). On their now more than likely 8th consecutive League in a row.

Again, it's kinda absurd that we're looking at almost a full decade of Juve winning it. I mean, good on them, they've done their job fantastically so far, but damn... it's crazy.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Absurd in that the Italian league hasn't managed to really throw a challenge their way in the mentioned 8 years. Napoli came close-ish a couple of times, but always seems to waste precious points here and there.
Italian football was poorly run for years the Milan clubs especially were ran into the ground.

Now they are trying to play catch up with their hands tied by FFP. Hard to compete when you have half the budget

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Why? No other club has a team to compete.

Juve has also the refs so...
We got the refs 😍
Juve A vs Juve B 😍
Great stuff.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NPxpwM3.png

Thanks Chelsea.

A reminder, United had like a +1 GD when Mourinho was around.

He's gonna be motivated at Madrid, believe!

The whole Chelsea team are mercenaries. It's deeply embedded in that club from the oil tycoon to the pitch. No loyalty. Slit your own sister's throat stuff.

Enjoy your Sanchez at Real Madrid.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Why not? Money comes and goes, to say they'll never be able to compete seems a bit... daring, I'd say.
Aside Juventus being run by a bunch of crooks that bends the rules at their will there are many socio-economical reasons why clubs like Napoli and Roma don't have a fair chance on a continuative period of time, for example it's not like people like De Laurentiis don't want to spend money it's that these clubs just don't generate that much cash to begin with and never did historically, they manage to get a net half of Juventus manages to earn and also they have to play within the broad lines of the rules... and in this market drugged by sheikh and chinese money only very selected few manage to get competitive players... even Juve which is by far the richest club in Italy is small talk compared to the big spenders of Europe and it shows.
The only clubs that can compete in Italy are Inter and Milan but since they are incredibly mismanaged right now you won't see anything but Juventus for a long while.

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Aside Juventus being run by a bunch of crooks that bends the rules at their will there are many socio-economical reasons why clubs like Napoli and Roma don't have a fair chance on a continuative period of time, for example it's not like people like De Laurentiis don't want to spend money it's that these clubs just don't generate that much cash to begin with, they manage to get a net half of Juventus manages to earn and also they have to play within the broad lines of the rules... and in this market drugged by sheikh and chinese money only very selected few manage to get competitive players... even Juve which is by far the richest club in Italy is small talk compared to the big spenders of Europe.
The only clubs that can compete in Italy are Inter and Milan but since they are incredibly mismanaged you won't see anything but Juventus for a long while.
Yeah. At least now Milan has a solid owner and a great management. First step is reaching Champions League and hopefully UEFA will change some of these no sense FFP rules to help clubs like Milan.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. At least now Milan has a solid owner and a great management. First step is reaching Champions League and hopefully UEFA will change some of these no sense FFP rules to help clubs like Milan.
How do these rules have no sense? If anything, they need to be tighter because I'm sick of watching Shitty and PSG splurge so much money that they didn't earn in the slightest.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
How do these rules have no sense? If anything, they need to be tighter because I'm sick of watching Shitty and PSG splurge so much money that they didn't earn in the slightest.
No sense because they are very strict to clubs that don't have the possibility to use fake sponsors and loophole like that. Milan ownership doesn't have money issues and they won't to invest their money to improve the team but FFP rules can't allow them to do so. Player prices are insane and it's extremely dificult to find great deals these days.

Of course Milan can't sign players like Messi or Hazard but look at Inter as well. In order to fix their income statement they have to sell young players to inflated prices to other teams and only sign players with loan + option to buy. In the meantime Chelsea can spend 80 M for a crap keeper because they get an insane amount of money from TV rights. Yeah Chelsea has higher revenues but if an owner is solid it should be able to invest his money.

Just find a compromise.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Casually pondering the likelihood of us beating Liverpool at Anfield last match of the season to secure 6th and to deny Liverpool the title on goal difference.

gir

Oct 25, 2017
as a chelsea fan, I closed my stream at 28 minutes when 4-0 down, and went back to playing Resident Evil Remake. Much better use of my time than watch my team implode again in another away fixture and hear Sarri talk about motivation and not playing his football

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez. I just learned DAZN got the exclusive rights to Premier League for the next 3 years here in Canada. Uh, i dont think i like this deal.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
If I could pay 10€ a month to watch all of the Bundesliga I would be stoked.
If you want to watch all of the Bundesliga in Germany you need: Sky, DAZN and Eurosport player. Fucking disgusting!

That is pretty nuts. Im pretty fortunate in that regard. I have DAZN here to watch all my La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, UEFA and more.

Bundesliga is televised here. And i assume that with rising Canadian football star Davies, Bundesligas popularity will rise here.

Premier League is televised here as well and i generally like all the pre and post game coverage and stable 4k HD broadcasts.

Im iffy about this deal cause i found DAZN's streaming can be spotty at times. And im sure its not in 4k. Ill be missing out on a lot of coverage as well i feel.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand, it could be a good thing. I could see the sports networks here duke it out for more Bundesliga coverage. And it would give more room as well for the newly formed "Canadian Premier League" to get more tv coverage which should help grow the sport here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he isn't worth 400k a week.

Honestly, he'll do well for them but at the same time I'm kind of glad he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.