• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I would imagine a lot of it is just his signing fee spread over 4 years.

Still, will he even have a spot in the first juve squad? Never rated him all that much so I'm doubtful.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Casually pondering the likelihood of us beating Liverpool at Anfield last match of the season to secure 6th and to deny Liverpool the title on goal difference.

giphy.gif

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
yeah if you consider x% of that his signing bonus/"transfer fee" (which gets spread out over multiple years, making it even more appealing for the "buying" club) it's a very economical deal. you can see why these types of moves are so appealing for player and club.

(or you can be like Manchester United and pay a substantial transfer fee six months early for no reason, then give the player and agent the same inflated bonus/wage structure anyways)

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Oh it will weaken Arsenal no doubt, I was talking about the wages they're paying him, can only assume they think they're getting one of the world's best players..
It's all because of no transfer fee. We're going to see more players running down deals now because they can benefit hugely from it.

Even if he only went for £40m, that's still £150k a week over 5 years. So naturally the players agent wants that amount tacked on to whatever other wage demands they have. It's why Sanchez is on £8m a day at United.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
lol Dubravka. I thought for sure the ref was going to blow the whistle before Traore got the cross in (facing away from goal at like 94:20 with 4 minutes of stoppage time added)

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Relegation battle could be as interesting as the title race.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Reports floating around that Ole has held meetings with the board regarding the permanent role and that it is either already agreed, or that he in all likelihood will be agreeing it in the foreseeable future.

Love the bloke, and think he is doing very well for himself to have his name in the hat, but I think it's slightly knee jerk to give him the permanent role just yet; there's still a lot of season left.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Champions league has returned.

I think it's pretty balanced this year, a lot of teams can go on to win it

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Reports floating around that Ole has held meetings with the board regarding the permanent role and that it is either already agreed, or that he in all likelihood will be agreeing it in the foreseeable future.

Love the bloke, and think he is doing very well for himself to have his name in the hat, but I think it's slightly knee jerk to give him the permanent role just yet; there's still a lot of season left.
Even if he loses to PSG and doesn't make top 4, can you blame him? Mourinho was a cesspool of shit in a manner you rarely see in a big club this year.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's pretty bad if they weren't trying to sure him up already, and I'm not being biased in that. He's had a better impact on the club than any of his not-Ferguson predecessors (I'll add he seems to be getting more out of the divas than even Ferguson in that last season), young as fuck, loyal, plenty of room to grow on the job, plenty of experience around him that he doesn't seem afraid to turn to. This season was a right-off for you lot by December, now any delusion of grandeur at judging his merit based on how he finishes the season is pretty poor form from the club, given the shower of shite they've allowed full reign over recent years.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Legit think Man.U has a very solid chance of winning today. Not sure they can win by a lot, but a 1-0 or even 2-0/2-1 don't seem impossible.

Of course, before the ball starts rolling it's easy to say these things. PSG, with or without a couple of their stars, still has players capable of deciding a match if they're on a good day.

Should be a fun game either way though!

Status
Not open for further replies.