• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Reports floating around that Ole has held meetings with the board regarding the permanent role and that it is either already agreed, or that he in all likelihood will be agreeing it in the foreseeable future.

Love the bloke, and think he is doing very well for himself to have his name in the hat, but I think it's slightly knee jerk to give him the permanent role just yet; there's still a lot of season left.

There is, and if we get rinsed in the next 3 games the tune will change. If we just put in decent performances and actually look like a real team, added to the general feeling since he took the job, it's hard to overlook him.

I doubt it's signed yet, at a guess I'd say late March before they announced it and I doubt they'd sign it too long before announcing.

It's entirely possible that Poch and others have already said they aren't interested. Or Levy has said Poch will cost 60m or something.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PSG and Juventus going out now would be fantastic.

Their season would be over in February

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Ole's been good but huge huge portion of success has come from 1) not being Mourinho and 2) United massively/unsustainably outperforming expected-goal numbers under him. Doesn't make sense to make any decisions before the end of the season (and if I had to make one now I'd still prefer Poch).

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Utd have been good to me ever since Jose got canned. Will also have a free bet in play that will probably go on Pogba first goalscorer. Not been terribly impressed with PSG from the last couple of games I've seen of them on BT.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
A big European night at Old Trafford. It just feels like the magic is back.

Confidence is sky high, playing to our potential, a big European team filled with megastars seemingly fears us again despite all the jokes when the draw was initially made.

Let's have it.

sir-alex-ferguson-holds-up-a-glass-of-champagne-to-celebrate-united-picture-id74087222

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I remember when the pairs got drawn and everybody was "lol ManU is going to get stomped". Looking back at their games since then, i'm not so sure anymore. Looking forward to that game. A team like PSG, with no competition in the league and the $$$ loaded squad, is damned to win the CL. More pressure on them.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
This is one of those times where looking at different timelines would be beneficial. How would Jose's United do compared to Ole's tonight. I'd imagine very differently.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
This fucking ref.

How does the planet's premiere footballing contest end up with such garbage officiating?

Not much point of VAR for the big stuff if all the small stuff is handled so incompetently.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
In the other match, Dzeko is trying but no one else seems really able to keep up with him in this Roma team. Meanwhile Porto, without Marega are about half the team they were in terms of their attacking performance. They seem fairly satisfied with keeping a clean sheet at this moment.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Don't think Young's foul was worth a second yellow tbh, it looked bad mostly because of the way the stadium is set up around the touch lines, it wasn't that big of a push.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
6 yellows in this match seems like overkill, though on the other hand the ref has already forgiven at least on clear 2nd yellow on a player.... weird game this, in terms of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.