• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
think De Gea should be dropped for Romero now

I have no evidence at all but just sub consciously there is always a element of a player who thinks if we finish outside the top 4 I can get a move, unfortunately for UTD the other teams around them seem to be doing all they can to get Utd top 4

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
mM3HlIj.png

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
De Gea was shocking last night. Getting beat at his near post by a scuffer, diving in slow motion.

And going with his feet for a shot right fucking at him, heading directly towards his hands.

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Alright Guys,

Didn't realise we had a Football thread, or Soccer for people across the pond.

You'll probably see me posting in here a fair bit as I love football. I support Manchester City and have done since 2003. My favourite City player was Shaun Wright Phillips, now it's Vincent Kompany.

I've supported them through bad times and now good times too. I can still remember the day when we signed Darius Vassell from Aston Villa and I saw it on Sky Sports News and was jumping up and down and hit my head on a ceiling lamp shade haha, how times have changed. Look forward to talking Footy with you lot.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Alright Guys,

Didn't realise we had a Football thread, or Soccer for people across the pond.

You'll probably see me posting in here a fair bit as I love football. I support Manchester City and have done since 2003. My favourite City player was Shaun Wright Phillips, now it's Vincent Kompany.

I've supported them through bad times and now good times too. I can still remember the day when we signed Darius Vassell from Aston Villa and I saw it on Sky Sports News and was jumping up and down and hit my head on a ceiling lamp shade haha, how times have changed. Look forward to talking Footy with you lot.

idontbelieveyou.gif

Only joking! Be prepared for a fair amount of anti-Man City posts, I fear! ;)

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Leicester are gunning for seventh along with us, Watford and Everton, so I'm not so sure they'll be on the beach for the City match.

Yeah, they'll likely lose, but there's still stuff to be played for.

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Leicester are gunning for seventh along with us, Watford and Everton, so I'm not so sure they'll be on the beach for the City match.

Yeah, they'll likely lose, but there's still stuff to be played for.

I'm guessing you're a Wolves fan then? You've had a great season. Your game against Liverpool on the last day of the season will be a tough one for them. Hoping we beat Burnley, and Leicester I'm sure you'll do us a favour. You've been great against the top 6 this season.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's dead, Jim. Not watching any more City games. Fully convinced they'll do the business now. If I look up a score and they happen to have dropped something, then great. But I really don't see it. This City team are ruthless. Just like we did really well to get through the pressure of playing Spurs and Chelsea, City have done so to get through Spurs and United.

Feels unfair to lose the league having lost (probably) 1 game, but that's the way it goes.

Gotta put the hopes in the CL run now. Feel confident we can get past Barcelona.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Disgraceful performance. Rumours are starting to gain traction that Pogba will leave in the summer.

Good riddance and that will be the one positive that comes out of this
He's the only one who plays Football in a team of hacks, he way outclasses the rest of the midfield, last night everything came from him, he was the best midfielder at defending by far and City mostly chose to avoid him and attack from the other flank.
It's not his fault of the rest of the team cannot put two passes together, or if the wingers are trash, the defense leaks everything and the goalkeeper is a fraud.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna go Hard Brexit, No Deal, the works, I'm telling you.

It's weird that I'm far more content with this than I rightfully should be. I genuinely didn't believe in United last night, so you could argue my hopes haven't been dashed since this is still whereabouts we'd be by the end of the season (albeit I had hoped we'd still have our fate in our hands), but nothing we can do, except secure that CL so this team will go on with something should City wrap up their second most successful league ever.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I've made peace with us not winning the league tbh. It would be a shame to end such an exceptionnal season with 0 title though so hopefully we can do something in the CL.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I know nothing is over yet, but both teams safely got past their 2 hardships games, so unless City fuck up somewhere it is their league, Burnley, Leicester allready safe and on holiday, Brighton are a no hope...

I get the banter and all of it will come Liverpool's way, but to finish on 97 points potential is to be applauded and people can mock all they like but LFC are the only team who look remotely like being able to go toe to toe with City anytime in the future

I am concerned for our league now, LMAO Liverpool lost it, will be all we hear, but the fact is City have so much power and money no one should want them winning all the time....and I guarantee the same people who will be laughing in a few weeks at Liverpool will be the same ones who in 5 years time will be bemoaning the fact the league is boring.

I mean let's be honest who is going to challenge them. Utd and Arsenal are fucked, Tottenham will do a Tottenham...Chelsea are about to drop out of challenging so if Liverpool drop off (which would not surprise me) we are in for a period of pointless leagues, where the winner is almost decided before a ball is kicked

I applaud Klopp to get that close is nigh on brilliant
EPL turning into Bundesliga or Ligue 1 would be depressing.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
Banter and rivalries aside, the EPL turning into the next Serie A or Bundesliga with such a morally bankrupt and corrupt team at the helm would absolutely suck.

Liverpool winning sucks as a rival and is bad for banter, City winning again and continuing to win is bad for football.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
As a neutral observer, City didn't even look untouchable. De Gea made two bad saves (his position of the first goal was a rookie mistake.) Lingard should have buried that. Now I don't watch every City game, but they were lucky against Liverpool too at home. Not that Liverpool don't have their share of luck, but the people who cry that City will continue to dominate the league are defeatists. You just gotta have a better game plan. Not just parking the bus for 90 minutes. If City make tactical fouls when breaking, use your players not on the ball to create space. Leicester were brilliant at that in their championship season. Maybe they can pull it off again. Probably not, but it's nice to be hopeful.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Manchester City midfielder David Silva will face no further action following what appeared to be a high tackle on Manchester United's Andreas Pereira at Old Trafford.
Silva caught Pereira in the chest with his boot when he went up to head the ball during the second-half of City's 2-0 win.
TV pundit Gary Neville said Silva was lucky not to be shown a red card.
However, it is understood the match officials saw the incident at the time and have ruled out any retrospective punishment.

Ridiculous.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I'll never understand the point of reviewing matches if you can't sanction players on the basis that "the referee saw it". God forbid we ever admit that referees make mistakes.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand the point of reviewing matches if you can't sanction players on the basis that "the referee saw it". God forbid we ever admit that referees make mistakes.

It's one of the things in football that really annoy me, along with defenders "running the ball out" not being obstruction and the away goals law

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
That's precisely why a VAR won't change everything except clear as day mistakes. Referees are human beings and some of them won't admit they were wrong and lose face. It has happened in other leagues as well. Look forward to VAR banter next season lol

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
KhMZxqW.gif

Pep reaction is good but nothing will ever beat Jesus heart and soul getting crushed.

visaodemercado.png

Last edited:

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I am concerned for our league now, LMAO Liverpool lost it, will be all we hear, but the fact is City have so much power and money no one should want them winning all the time....and I guarantee the same people who will be laughing in a few weeks at Liverpool will be the same ones who in 5 years time will be bemoaning the fact the league is boring.

Yeah, agreed. The worrying thing is that City not only have infinite money but are run extremely well from the top down. They have just about the best club infrastructure in the league. I'm not sure how teams catch up to them if they keep buying 4-5 great young talents every offseason.

I suppose the great hope is that they're more reliant on Pep and/or Aguero than I think.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
As a neutral observer, City didn't even look untouchable. De Gea made two bad saves (his position of the first goal was a rookie mistake.) Lingard should have buried that. Now I don't watch every City game, but they were lucky against Liverpool too at home. Not that Liverpool don't have their share of luck, but the people who cry that City will continue to dominate the league are defeatists. You just gotta have a better game plan. Not just parking the bus for 90 minutes. If City make tactical fouls when breaking, use your players not on the ball to create space. Leicester were brilliant at that in their championship season. Maybe they can pull it off again. Probably not, but it's nice to be hopeful.
I've been saying this for ages, so many teams roll over against City because they think they can park the bus for 90 minutes and nick a draw, which is just a silly idea, since City/Pep's strategies rely on very patient build up, no rushing and always having men in the midfield to close down counter attacks. The way you beat City is to attack; while Laporte deserves a lot of his plaudits, City's defensive organisation is really not that great and it relies on a packed out midfield to function. Every foreign team seems to have found this out ages ago as well. Swansea figured this out too (and it took an obscene amount of luck and some incredibly dodgy refereeing for City to overcome them) Every smaller team in the PL seems to only attack in the last few minutes and it is quite striking just how vulnerable their defenders look at this point; with more constant pressure they'd actually get something but every team is scared of getting destroyed on the counter (which is fair, but you've got to take chances against big teams)

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
IFK is a bit like United in that it has a successful history but is currently run like shit. Not that I mind.

Allsvenskan is of to a typical unpredictable start of the season, where after five games played all teams have won and lost at least one match!
The last few years haven't been very good, but I'm expecting us to be back up there by next year. Either with new management or the same.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
De Gea was shocking last night. Getting beat at his near post by a scuffer, diving in slow motion.

And going with his feet for a shot right fucking at him, heading directly towards his hands.

BUT MUH 400K A WEEK.

The best thing United will ever do right now is to tell every single player asking for Sanchez wages to pack their shit and fuck off.

Ed Woodward should then be left to pay off Sanchez via mutual termination himself.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, agreed. The worrying thing is that City not only have infinite money but are run extremely well from the top down. They have just about the best club infrastructure in the league. I'm not sure how teams catch up to them if they keep buying 4-5 great young talents every offseason.

I suppose the great hope is that they're more reliant on Pep and/or Aguero than I think.
I agree in some ways but in others, they're clearly not generating that money. They can't fill their stadium and are constantly propped up by dodgy loans and payments from
The sheik masked as injections from phantom investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.