• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
well dortmund lost the championship in schalke and bremen. favre should be sacked immediately. apparently kohfeld will be he successor according to german media.
Not just those two, plenty of games really. The game against Düsseldorf in December, the games during Reus' injury in February/March. They just weren't ready yet.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
the premierleague had manu dominating between 1986 and 2013
And yet, the best they did was 3 in a row. With clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, City (more recently) and even Blackburn Rovers having a say on it. While they won the most trophies during those years they never really dominated the league in such a manner, like what we're seeing in Italy, Germany or Spain.

Btw, this happens in smaller leagues all the time, the shocking bit is that it's now happening on the bigger leagues, where you usually had 2-3 teams winning on a regular basis in any given decade.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
And Bayern has won their 7th League in a row! Man, out of the top 4 Leagues, only the Premier remains somewhat balanced (so far). In Spain, while not consecutive, Barça has won 8 of the past 10 or so, in Italy Juve has basically steamrolled everyone for 8 years straight and in Germany Bayern keeps on dominating.

Kind of a sad state of affairs.
It's at the point where it's more about not losing the league than winning it.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Bayern. At least we won our last game and I think calling for Favre's removal at this point is silly.
Hope that was sarcasm, Dortmund had top 4 Buli expectations with Favre starting the season and overachieved the first half
I agree with this. Might sting a little since it was fairly close at the end but Dortmund did get lucky a couple of times in the first half of the season. All balances out in the end I guess.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Ribery and Robben scoring in their last league game is making me much more emotional than I imagined.

Their era was just magical.

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
d63fagfxkaab6z-k8j24.jpg

heavy-black-heart_276jxkch.png

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Bernardo Silva is a machine.
He is 100% all the time, works so hard for the team. He's pressing their defence, he's in the right back position denying corners. What a player.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell Watford are so shit lol. Good ball in but what the hell was the keeper and defender doing?

I'm annoyed Watford knocked Wolves out, at least they'd have made this final interesting

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
I want the champions league, and a coach that sets his team up like a mid table team is never going to win in Munich. He played like a scared bitch and it resulted in one of the most embarrassing to pathetic performances from Bayern in the last 3 decades.

I legitimately don't remember Bayerb ever starting a game in Munich in the KO rounds playing afraid to win.

A buddy of mine called him Bundesliga Moyes. The reason Bayern wins this year is because of the talent disparity, not due to some innovative coaching.
9.jpg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Happy for Kevin De Bruyne. Deserved after the season he's had. To think that the bulk of City's 98 points were earned in his absence 0_0

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing what the Qatar World Cup supporter Pep can do with unlimited funds. After the miracle he performed at Bayern where he managed the richest club who bought their main competitiion's best player at the end of each season to guiding City to a historic treble with the most expensive club side ever assembled. Almost brings a tear to my eye. At this point the only thing standing between him and Bayern levels of dominance (in the league at least) is Liverpool.

Yes I am still bitter they won the league

Status
Not open for further replies.