• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
303M€ according to Marca (and they've already broken their spending record from 2009). And it's likely gonna go up still.

15603692238825.jpg
prices went way up since 09

also I don't think there will be a bigger signing than Hazard this year. RIP Mbappe dream.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Ligue 1 technically already had a name sponsor, it's just that no one gave a fuck.
No one sane ever called it Ligue 1 Conforama either.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Perez ain't no magician. Eriksen and that's pretty much it.
The rumor goes they are not interested in Eriksen, but rather Pogba. Quite honestly, with Hazard, Asensio, Isco and the wonder kid Brahím Díaz he's not really needed.

The rumor alsos goes, they are trying to get a deal for Pogba, and to sell Gareth Bale to Manchester United as well.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
he's young, he still has upside! social media flair! kids love him!

one lightly used Pogba can be yours for the low price of 150 million euros

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Ole crying into his team sheet after red marking many but can't buy or sell anyone as there's is no takers?

Imagine mulling over that bunch of useless back stabbers at Man U knowing they will throw you under the bus next season.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Read an article about Watford apparently wanting to change their logo. Said article had this picture with their logos over the years.

watford-new-logo%2B%25284%2529.jpg

My question is........................... WTF HAPPENED IN '74!? JESUS CHRIST!!!

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Chelsea agree deal for Sarri to join Juve
An agreement was reached late on Thursday evening after talks between senior officials. A deal could be completed as early as Friday.
It is understood a compensation fee in excess of £5m has been agreed.
Sarri arrived from Napoli in July 2018 and led the Blues to third place in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.
tenor.gif

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pogba wants to leave Man U

I know Madrid is the default suggestion here, but if Barca are looking to move Coutinho on because he can't fit into their formation and playstyle, Pogba is way more of a better fit for their midfield. Cout will then likely either join PSG with Neymar, or for maximum fuckery join Man Utd.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I know Madrid is the default suggestion here, but if Barca are looking to move Coutinho on because he can't fit into their formation and playstyle, Pogba is way more of a better fit for their midfield. Cout will then likely either join PSG with Neymar, or for maximum fuckery join Man Utd.
If he picked Man Utd you know damn well he would only score in two matches: Home and Away vs Liverpool lol

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Jesus, we always have some kind of disruption in pre-season. I want Sarri to stay but if he is really homesick and wants to back to Italy then fine, it's just bloody annoying seeing all the press rumours and hearing nothing from the club.

If he does go I can only see Frank and Jody coming back where we can utilise our talented youth players and integrate them into the first team.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Jesus, we always have some kind of disruption in pre-season. I want Sarri to stay but if he is really homesick and wants to back to Italy then fine, it's just bloody annoying seeing all the press rumours and hearing nothing from the club.

If he does go I can only see Frank and Jody coming back where we can utilise our talented youth players and integrate them into the first team.

Lampard would be an idiot to come back, he does not need the money.... Chelsea have had 12 managers in 14 years...he is guaranteed to get the sack, he is an up and coming manager..

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lampard would be an idiot to come back, he does not need the money.... Chelsea have had 12 managers in 14 years...he is guaranteed to get the sack, he is an up and coming manager..

Personally I think we would give him the time required, especially with the potential transfer ban, but I do agree it's quite early into his managerial career.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Personally I think we would give him the time required, especially with the potential transfer ban, but I do agree it's quite early into his managerial career.

Umm. Has Abromavich evershown patience? also the fans don't help... in Sarris first year he finished 3rd and won a trophy and got to a final of another, and half the fans wanted him sacked

Oct 27, 2017
Derby have spent money over the best part of a decade to cement themselves as perennial play-off and promotion contenders in the Championship. Frank supplemented that with some very good players on loan, and only managed to sneak into 6th place before losing a final. From a football perspective there isn't nearly enough to suggest he's ready to manage Chelsea based on that.

What's not up for debate though is that both the fans and players loved him there, which is something that has seemed to elude Chelsea for years. If Chelsea are set for some transitions while they deal with transfer embargoes and/or finally bringing through some of these youths they farm out on loan every year, then there is logic in appointing Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.