• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Somehow I didn't notice the large and obvious name in the middle of the stand.

Perception -100.

--

I'm sure it probably is just them maxing out the use of the otherwise empty spaces, but damn it really bothers me. I keep looking at it, instead of the match itself....which probably means it's working tbh.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
The foul on Sane was bad enough to warrant a red in real time when I thought he just straight up hip checked him, but holy shit that replay was gnarly. Really hope nothing was torn.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
5 or so Celtic/ ex Celtic players in the side. Where's that fella who disagreed that Celtic are a Championship side at best?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
McLeish gonna take us out of Europe quicker than the Tories.

It's daft because we have some not awful players, but each manager turns them to shite. The sad part is I'm not even annoyed at this point, it's just what happens.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Well, it's very clear that:
1-Courtois is really terrible, and cannot take any pressure.
2-Hazard and Lukaku are by far the two most valuable players in Belgium.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
You fly a fucking 747 between Adams and Campbell there

I was 7 when this happened and I'm still angry
Being on the other side, and it also being my first proper Euro (was also 7 years old, I'm from '93), I remember it fondly.

That semi-final against France still stings. We had a surprisingly decent team that year though.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Being on the other side, and it also being my first proper Euro (was also 7 years old, I'm from '93), I remember it fondly.

That semi-final against France still stings. We had a surprisingly decent team that year though.
The only thing that made going out of the group stage and losing to Romania less painful was beating Germany and them finishing below us.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely even weirder. As it's something that never even really "existed" for those of us born after it. Yet it wasn't even 30 years ago when they dissolved.
I looked into their national team a bit and they had a dope kit at Euro 88

1988ussr-eng.jpg

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Yugoslavia, Soviet Union ... Another thing that I always find weird when reading/watching old stuff: West Germany. Bonus: Czechoslovakia (so weird I couldnt even type it correctly)

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I looked into their national team a bit and they had a dope kit at Euro 88

1988ussr-eng.jpg

Huh. Kinda makes think of a "red Dutch" kit for some reason. I think the Netherlands probably had one similar-ish to this one.

Adidas did some dope kits in the 80's.

This one from Portugal in '84 (when the power of the mighty bushy mustache almost pushed us into a final) is probably one of the few away shirts I'd love getting.

Yugoslavia, Soviet Union ... Another thing that I always find weird when reading/watching old stuff: West Germany. Bonus: Czechoslovakia (so weird I couldnt even type it correctly)
Oh yeah, that whole concept of Germany just being divided into two (with the Eastern half actually being pretty damn poor too) is super weird. It's such a different reality from what most of us had when growing up that it almost doesn't even make sense.

------------------------------------

Edit:

Turns out the kit I was thinking of is from '88!

https://i./i/pix/2016/07/20/13/36700CB400000578-0-image-a-2_1469018740504.jpg

A somewhat similar-ish graphic on the shirt. Regardless all of these look great. Adidas were on fire back then. Or maybe it's just my "pseudo-nostalgia" of the 80s, created by media and fashion in general.

Last edited:

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

Extra bonus: really we should be calling them Czechia now too, so seeing them being referred to as The Czech Republic might start feeling really weird in a few years as well

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Extra bonus: really we should be calling them Czechia now too, so seeing them being referred to as The Czech Republic might start feeling really weird in a few years as well

You are correct, I'm not sure if people are just trying to figure out if Czechia is an official name though or a name they will actually use (like how everyone will know Greece but they probably won't know who the Hellenic Republic is).

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Euro 2000 was class and I still have no idea how Holland didn't get to the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.