• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
The fact that he's still there is beggars belief. The guy is just awful. Apparently arsenal is trying to offload him but he wants to stay and fight for his place. 🤣
I wonder if Valencia had these same problems

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently he's highly rated and tiuted as the next Varane. Guessing it's more of a one for the future signing.
So was Mustafi ... probably. Dude played half a season in French ligue and we would only get him in next year when our defence needs fixing now. I mean buy him if you can pay later Raul but success of our window will be predicated on whether we can buy a good CB, LB and winger to address current holes in the squad.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Griezmann is a great player. I hope he can link well with Messi.

Apparently we're still in for Neymar as well. Dunno how I feel about that now that he's constantly injured. I'd rather keep Dembélé as I think he has huge potential.

Also as much as I like Malcom, I'd rather sell him than let him ride the bench.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So was Mustafi ... probably. Dude played half a season in French ligue and we would only get him in next year when our defence needs fixing now. I mean buy him if you can pay later Raul but success of our window will be predicated on whether we can buy a good CB, LB and winger to address current holes in the squad.
You missed a replacement for Ramsey, because our season fell off a cliff once he got injured.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So apparently Zidane has left the pre-season tour? Personal reasons or so the news say, which is never a good sign. Much like the Luis Enrique situation.

Whatever it is I hope for and wish him the best.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Lookman haven't really done or proved anything tbh. Scored on his debut vs Man City I suppose, but seems to have failed afterwards.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
he sulks
I could understand it during the big mouth Sam period but not now, he was the first sub off the bench for the first half of the season with very mixed results. Even though he did well in the later period of his loan to Leipzig, he also had some issues there aswell, mostly a sub or not playing much 90 minutes .

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Atletico apparently have proof that Griezmann signed with Barcelona on March 9th

If that's true Barcelona might very well be ordered to pay €200mil, not €120mil.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Do Atlético realise that the release clauses aren't like... binding mandatory transfer fees? Clubs regularly accept bids below release clauses and they did.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Do Atlético realise that the release clauses aren't like... binding mandatory transfer fees? Clubs regularly accept bids below release clauses and they did.
That is true, though the issue seems to be that he signed for Barca in March, which he couldn't do (since he obviously was not in his final 6 months of contract).

If Atletico has legit evidence of that, the issues may well go beyond just the transfer fees. We've had clubs sent straight to 3rd division here in Portugal for similar situations (and much, muuuuuch smaller amounts of money involved).

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's Barça vs Madrid though. I have no doubt in my mind Florentino & Co are salivating at the chance of this being real.

To be clear though: not saying Barca will be sent to the Spanish 3rd, just that it this bit of news is true the issues will run a bit deeper than just having to pay a bit more money to Atletico.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017

They can accept lower than the release clause but that's on a per transfer basis.

In this case, Atletico will probably end up along Barca to court over the fee.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

That's not what happened in this case. Griezmann himself paid the release clause, which is a part of Spanish law. It doesn't count as a transfer, technically he rescinded his contract and moved to Barcelona as a free agent. Barcelona paid him the fee as income, so it incurs tax.

Technically Atletico's point is that Griezmann paid the fee after the clause dropped but the agreement was agreed before so that the 200m should've been paid. And its gonna be fascinating to see how that plays out in court because if Atletico argue its a transfer fee, Barcelona could turn around and argue it shouldn't be subject to income tax then.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Man U are like £500m in debt that hasn't been paid off at all since the Glzers took over.

Madrid have a debt of around €700m

Yea, and its not a new thing. Many clubs have to make regular payments on long term loans, the problem comes once a club starts to fail to make those payments. When that happens in Spain, you are forced relegated to 3rd or 4th division I think.

I dont think this has ever happened to a big club in Spain tho. The closest example we got is Valencia, which the old owner(s) were forced to sell the team and the buyer promised to pay their debts.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
These big clubs are run like countries, the debt is just levied against assets and brands. The only time the debt would catch up if it become bigger than the club is worth, Utd is valued in the billions, so 500M is nothing, likewise Barcelona the club is almost priceless as an asset

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bartomeu has spent more than 1 billion euros since he took over. When you have no sporting plan in place and no trust or any planning with La Masia, you have to resort to huge signings to save face.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
These big clubs are run like countries, the debt is just levied against assets and brands. The only time the debt would catch up if it become bigger than the club is worth, Utd is valued in the billions, so 500M is nothing, likewise Barcelona the club is almost priceless as an asset
The pace at which player value has skyrocketed is so far ahead of the rate of inflation and interest on loans. Clubs can operate 'in debt' and their owners and shareholders can still pull out 'profits' every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.