• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What's the general opinion on Kolasinac? He spent 1.5 years at Arsenal and weren't the initial impressions, that he would be a perfect fit with his bulky figure and power for the premier league? Was he disappointing?

Obviously Tierney is supposed to take over LB?

And furthermore what about Bernd Leno? Especially in comparison to Szczesny, who is playing for Italians number one and seems to be doing okay?
From what I've seen of his performance, Kolasinac is good at attacking but bad at defending. He's not fast, but he's kinda unstoppable somehow, hence the "tank" nickname. I also like his professional & fair play attitude on the pitch.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Decent window for Wolves tbf. Kept our entire first 11 from last season, tied Dendoncker, Jimenez and Vinagre down on long-term contracts, shipped out a lot of the deadwood, added some decent depth, signed some young talent who'll hopefully be able to step up over the course of the season... hard to whinge too much.

I would have liked a seasoned midfielder to deputise for Moutinho and to offer us a more direct option (damnit, Kessie, you were the chosen one), and we still have a small squad for the amount of football we're hoping to play this season, but not too much to gripe about.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's weird cause I complained about his woodenness a lot but I'm somewhat miffed about Iwobi departure, liked what I saw of the dude as a person and didn't see enough of nelson to see whether or not this will hurt us in terms of depth. Awfully sudden too.

But getting 34 mln for him is a steal.

Man.. I wanted him to be a success because he came through the academy. But it was clear he had hit his ceiling, what we've seen is what he is. Much happier Nelson/Saka/Martinelli will get a chance to show what they have.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I'm wondering if my Fantasy League team name actually makes sense ("I bid you Edu")? Is that a phrase people are familiar with, or should I change it?

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
What's the general opinion on Kolasinac? He spent 1.5 years at Arsenal and weren't the initial impressions, that he would be a perfect fit with his bulky figure and power for the premier league? Was he disappointing?

Obviously Tierney is supposed to take over LB?

And furthermore what about Bernd Leno? Especially in comparison to Szczesny, who is playing for italian's number one and seems to be doing okay?
I love Kolasinac. He's a tank and always gives his all. Every player have those bad game days and Kolasinac gets bashed when he have them but never praised. Kola is good and I love him

Leno immediately got into every gooners heart after the double save against Tottenham. He made lots of crucial saves but again, he conceded a lot thanks to the clowns in front of him

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
They need a solid winger and/or forward for their rotation. If Mane or Salah get injured then we are fucked

I'd like to see some extra action happening but, to be fair, we get Ox back (who I hope comes in with the form he had last time) and there are emergency youth options in the form of Brewster and the other new signings. Do feel it is a bit weird to have sent Wilson off again though.

I feel that the main thing that was needed was defensive cover. We had a shit old time in January due to a huge array of injuries, forcing us to stick our midfield in defence. And that, imo, is what cost us the league. Dropped points while we were paper thin.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gameday you bastards. Thank god i missed it. Fully expect Norwich to get curb stomped today.

I've massively missed it. Feel a lot better after our performance on Saturday. That said, there was some customary Mo rustiness on his finishing, despite being great in all other areas. Expected with his short pre-season though. But a banter free start would be nice. Hopefully not the same as the last game against Norwich (5-4).
I'd like to see some extra action happening but, to be fair, we get Ox back (who I hope comes in with the form he had last time) and there are emergency youth options in the form of Brewster and the other new signings. Do feel it is a bit weird to have sent Wilson off again though.

I feel that the main thing that was needed was defensive cover. We had a shit old time in January due to a huge array of injuries, forcing us to stick our midfield in defence. And that, imo, is what cost us the league. Dropped points while we were paper thin.

In theory I agree, but Ox looks miles off at the moment, and by his own admission. To cover the front 3 he'd need to get up to speed incredibly quickly.

One player who's looked sharp in pre-season and hope we finally see the player we bought, is Naby. Was starting to look great for a period last season, was scoring and really involved with things but then got injured again. Felt very fragile last season.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Gameday you bastards. Thank god i missed it. Fully expect Norwich to get curb stomped today.

Hope so. We looked good 2nd half vs City and Salah looks up to speed. Bob F still looks a little heavy like each preseason but I'm expecting Div to take the left wing. Also we've been pretty good at smashing Norwich recently and they've not really signed anyone new so you cant really get much easier on paper. (Now watch us struggle all night)

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine it's not hard to know were they live or follow them into training or whatever so the gangs are probably trying to scare them for standing up to them, I dunno?

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49258004

What's your top 4 prediction?

Man City
Liverpool
Spurs
Arsenal

Man City
Spurs
Liverpool
No idea on 4th could be Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves, maybe even Everton.

Yeah I know Liverpool are easily the second best team but they have had a tough summer, feel that teams will shut up shop and try reduce the space for their front three to run into and they didn't add anything substantial to their squad. They will also go for all competitions this year and go far in them all. All of which will hurt come the back end of the season.

Actually then again its VAR this season so Tottenham will be fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
Wild prediction
Liverpool
Citeh
Spurs (Kane gets injured again and they start doing really well)
Arsenal (no new yacht for AFTV this year, sorry robbie)

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
City
Spurs (my mind is telling me City/Liverpool for 1 & 2 but I want to see Spurs get that #2 spot)
Liverpool
Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.