• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

KhMZxqW.gif

Maybe it's time for Pep to get a new fucking jacket.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Now got to consolidate top four, although I'd rather City win the league. Just can't get past disliking Liverpool after growing up through the 80s with everybody supporting them! Great team though.
Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea being shit will never not be funny because those are the teams all the gloryhunting kids supported in my peer group.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long it's going to take before players don't celebrate anymore until VAR has done it's business.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
One thing that got missed in all the CL excitement this eve is that PSG lost again - making this the third game in a row that they could have won the league and they messed it up!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that got missed in all the CL excitement this eve is that PSG lost again - making this the third game in a row that they could have won the league and they messed it up!
And Spurs are the only team that hasn't been in the CL semis before. Those players are going to be nervous af

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how long it's going to take before players don't celebrate anymore until VAR has done it's business.
yeah, this gets to the core of why I dislike it. served the good guys tonight, but the sheer unbridled joy of the goalscoring moment is so much more fundamental to my enjoyment of the sport than getting decisions right is.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Only just realised that Liverpool are 17 games unbeaten in all competitions. Quite an achievement at the top level. Second longest undefeated home streak in premier league history still ongoing as well.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSG and City/Fraudiola failing again 👍
Now Klopp needs to choke again and everything is perfect 🤞

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Only just realised that Liverpool are 17 games unbeaten in all competitions. Quite an achievement at the top level. Second longest undefeated home streak in premier league history still ongoing as well.

Remember last year's United unbeaten run? How many matches was it? It was garbage fueled run full of draws but they hyped it up.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017

Kloppo really has done wonders so far with liverpool, back challenging for the title and involved in european finals pretty consistently now.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will forever LOVE Spurs if you get something from City on the weekend.
Literally, all bottling jokes aside (which I only indulge in because we're as big a punching bag), and minus cunts like Jerry, I've never had any real animosity towards Spurs compared to a lot of other English sides. I'm loving the fact it's them and us that are getting this far. Not holding too much hope of them getting anything from City because of injuries, but they're sitting third for a reason, and if they can keep that spot (whether getting points off of City or not) they fucking deserve it.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
What a game last night, can't imagine what it was like to watch that game and support one of the teams, crazy.

Crocks

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And Spurs are the only team that hasn't been in the CL semis before. Those players are going to be nervous af
Is that really meaningful, though? How many of the Ajax *players* have? Spurs had more players at the group stages of the last World Cup than any other team, including the captain of the winners. They're not *unfamiliar* with pressure.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now that I see it's dark red still, that's so much better! Still would prefer there to be only white or yellow complimenting the red, but that looks good on them. And especially the keeper kit, that's good enough to be our away one.

Oh shit, what's our away one gonna be like this time?

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now that I see it's dark red still, that's so much better! Still would prefer there to be only white or yellow complimenting the red, but that looks good on them. And especially the keeper kit, that's good enough to be our away one.

Oh shit, what's our away one gonna be like this time?

That keeper is good, I like the black ones. I was tempted by the limited edition blackout version of the current kit, but it's way overpriced.

Oct 27, 2017
Awful result. The rest of the tournament has no spice now. If City had won and gone to the finals we could have had them up against either Barcelona (Pep's old team) or Liverpool (Pep's biggest rivals) whilst potentially competing for a quadruple. Could have been a clash for the ages, especially if it was Liverpool and City had stolen the league from them. But now? Now its gonna be Spurs or Ajax getting steamrolled by Messi or Mane. Gonna be a repeat of the world cup final where it's kinda cool to have an unexpected team competing but ultimately the will be whipped by the favourites.

Haha.

Every single eventuality from this point other than Barcelona winning it is potentially a great story (and I say that as someone with no particular love for Liverpool). Most interesting semi final's the competition has had in years. No Bayern. No Pep. No Madrid (either of them). No Juventus. PSG still useless. Great stuff.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Haha.

Every single eventuality from this point other than Barcelona winning it is potentially a great story (and I say that as someone with no particular love for Liverpool). Most interesting semi final's the competition has had in years. No Bayern. No Pep. No Madrid (either of them). No Juventus. PSG still useless. Great stuff.

I really want a Spurs Liverpool final. It would be the greatest ever

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Is that really meaningful, though? How many of the Ajax *players* have? Spurs had more players at the group stages of the last World Cup than any other team, including the captain of the winners. They're not *unfamiliar* with pressure.
Belgium and England tho

In all seriousness, if you look at Spurs, they make school boy errors when pressed. Eriksen is lucky his wasn't punished. Ajax are a young team but they seem more mature, more confident with the ball and, perhaps most importantly, are unpressable in midfield. Eight of the starting players played in the EL final two years ago. The other three are Blind (29), Tadic (30) and Tagliafico (26) who have all been an asset this season. They'll get chances against this Spurs team, especially with Son out in the first leg.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Underestimating Ajax after the performances they have given would be amazingly stupid

They have went away to Real Madrid and won 5-1, then went away to Juventus and came from behind to win 2-1. They're clearly a team who are very mentally strong

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So many potential reaction gifs in one stupid video.

I can see how this lot could be the most insufferable shitheads out there if I weren't supporting them, but I do, and fucking love 'em.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Even though Ajax beat RM and Juve, Spurs beat City, I have a hard time believing either of them can beat Liv or Barça.

I hope Ajax goes to the final, watching them pass the ball around effortlessly is amazing. I have no clue about Liv/Barça matches, I hope they can be as epic as yesterday's City game was.

Messi is gonna get the 6th Player of the Year award (deserved), but I cant forget how Ronaldo got robbed last year. It is still unbelievable that so many people voted for Modric (a great player). I prefer Messi over Ronaldo, btw.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pep after spending £600 million assembling the most expensive squad ever could end up just winning the same amount of trophies as Pellegrini did in the same time with a worse CL record.

What a fraud

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i unironically think liverpool should concentrate on the league instead, with mc out of cl they will 100% concentrate all their efforts on the league now

Crocks

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Belgium and England tho

In all seriousness, if you look at Spurs, they make school boy errors when pressed. Eriksen is lucky his wasn't punished. Ajax are a young team but they seem more mature, more confident with the ball and, perhaps most importantly, are unpressable in midfield. Eight of the starting players played in the EL final two years ago. The other three are Blind (29), Tadic (30) and Tagliafico (26) who have all been an asset this season. They'll get chances against this Spurs team, especially with Son out in the first leg.
I agree with you entirely, but I don't think that's because "It's a Champions League quarter final". Or, to put it another way, let's see how lackadaisical Spurs are with possession on Saturday - I don't think we'll play *worse* in a competition we're entirely familiar with.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i unironically think liverpool should concentrate on the league instead, with mc out of cl they will 100% concentrate all their efforts on the league now
I mean, what does this mean? LFC have to win all of our games and even then the title is in City's hands.

The extra games wouldn't have mattered for City's ridiculous squad. And the semi comes after the 2-3 games that they could drop any points in out of the 5. If City get to the date that they would've played the Semi without dropping points, they've won the title.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what does this mean? LFC have to win all of our games and even then the title is in City's hands.

The extra games wouldn't have mattered for City's ridiculous squad. And the semi comes after the 2-3 games that they could drop any points in out of the 5. If City get to the date that they would've played the Semi without dropping points, they've won the title.

Up the Seagulls!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.