• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Media reporting that United is interested in Bruno Fernandes from Sporting. He'd be a good get. One of the most talented midfielders around, one who isnt' afraid of shooting and it shows (24 goals scored this season in all competitions).

Not sure he'd be a starter, the tempo is much faster in the Premier League, but he'd be a young quality player, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
YAS, Raheeeeeeem the dreeeeeeam!

Kane to Sancho to Sterling

RegaleS.gif

denisqc

Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
mmm Euro Qualifiers are on and the most incredible thing happened
Olivier Giroud :
- managed to shoot at the goal
- really scored for France

really
not kidding !

( for reference it's the same striker that during world cup managed to shoot not even once at the goal )

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela, previously one of the worst teams in South American football, is playing wonderfully and beating argentina 0-2 by halftime. Argentina is absolutely screwed as all these historically low tier teams catch up and even excel. Brazil has this year's Copa America title locked down.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I can see the Daily Mail headline now.

"Kane scores as England thump the Czech Republic"

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
You are correct, I'm not sure if people are just trying to figure out if Czechia is an official name though or a name they will actually use (like how everyone will know Greece but they probably won't know who the Hellenic Republic is).

Yeah, I imagine people will carry on using the names we are used to really, so don't expect it to change

Huh. Isnt't the official name The Czech Republic? Or is that just how we (the outsiders) refer to them? Honestly don't know.

They're both official names, but people generally use the short name for a country. Like how we say Germany instead of "The Federal Republic of Germany", apparently the whole thing happened because the Czech Republic took ages to decide what short name they actually wanted, so by the time they chose Czechia, everyone already knew them as The Czech Republic anyway

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The Lord effect was strong today. What a sleep inducing game, Jesus Christ. As per usual we fuck up the first game of a qualifier.

They're both official names, but people generally use the short name for a country. Like how we say Germany instead of "The Federal Republic of Germany", apparently the whole thing happened because the Czech Republic took ages to decide what short name they actually wanted, so by the time they chose Czechia, everyone already knew them as The Czech Republic anyway
Ah, okay that makes sense then.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
According to what a Venezuelan friend told me, they are a bit of an unusual country in Latam because baseball is much more popular than football there.
They have improved in the last decade as their Copa América numbers show but they are not anywhere near the top of the continent.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea why I endured 90 minutes of Ireland v Gibraltar today. At least we fucking won but my god that was absolutely muck awful. Gibraltar were the better side by the end of it.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
We're actually struggling against San Marino.
Like I know we aren't great but the players out there are not that bad.
McLeish has dragged us down to a low I never thought I would ever see.

And of course as I type that up we score a second.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to be on negative goal difference after Kazhakstan and literally the lowest ranked team in the world.

Well done, McLeish.

Status
Not open for further replies.