• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
CL93zZo.png

w6oweIz.png

that'saboldmovecotton.jpg

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Seems very quiet online, but I'm absolutely buzzing, don't know how I'm supposed to keep focused on work!

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Liverpool are gonna win the league. The way they are playing now is full of confidence

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Liverpool have stepped up a gear, that goal by Salah was superb. Sarri annoys me playing the False 9 formation, it doesn't get the best out of Hazard at all.

I'm tired of our managers playing certain tactics against the top six, play our best XI. Giroud should have started anyway and Higuain is definitely not going to stay after his initial loan.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty clear now that Liverpool are going to win all their remaining games, and I'm not particularly confident that City will

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool are gonna win the league. The way they are playing now is full of confidence
I was going to reply to your post about moving Henderson further forward being the genius move that's a catalyst to us winning the league. It's definitely been the difference maker in our last 3 games, Hendo has been the best player on the pitch for all 3.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to reply to your post about moving Henderson further forward being the genius move that's a catalyst to us winning the league. It's definitely been the difference maker in our last 3 games, Hendo has been the best player on the pitch for all 3.

I'm happy for him, he's spent almost two years being called limited and useless when he's only been doing the job he's been told to do.

Fabinho coming in for Can has been a revelation.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some positive omens for City's fixtures. Spurs have the best away record in the league. And United have only lost once at Old Trafford this season, and that was to Spurs, right at the start of the season under Mou.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Liverpool have stepped up a gear, that goal by Salah was superb. Sarri annoys me playing the False 9 formation, it doesn't get the best out of Hazard at all.

I'm tired of our managers playing certain tactics against the top six, play our best XI. Giroud should have started anyway and Higuain is definitely not going to stay after his initial loan.
The false 9 was want got them a win at the bridge. They got battered when Hazard was playing at his preferred position at the Etihad.

Some positive omens for City's fixtures. Spurs have the best away record in the league. And United have only lost once at Old Trafford this season, and that was to Spurs, right at the start of the season under Mou.

That's going to come to an end though.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Both teams are going to win every game.

Yeah, think this will happen too. Mental we could finish the season on 97 points and still not win

Huh, it really doesn't feel like United have a home record that good. Unfortunately though, Spurs actually have the 3rd best away record in the league, after Liverpool and City

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, think this will happen too. Mental we could finish the season on 97 points and still not win

Huh, it really doesn't feel like United have a home record that good. Unfortunately though, Spurs actually have the 3rd best away record in the league, after Liverpool and City
Yeah I checked after I posted and remembered that they've lost to us now. They did have the best away record until recently though.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
city aren't going to win all of their last five games, with spurs and united battling for top four it's a bridge too far. nearly every team liverpool plays from now on is already on the beach. it's weird that liverpool are actually going to win the league but they're an incredible team.

I would love it if City lose the title by 1 point. Can look back at that Mahrez penalty and laugh extra hard.

this is happening imo

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love it if City lose the title by 1 point. Can look back at that Mahrez penalty and laugh extra hard.
And if we lose the league by 1 point, there's the ball that was 11mm away from going over the line against City. Slabhead not getting a red card and then scoring way after extra time had finished against us etc. It'll be torturous either way.

Oct 27, 2017
City's run in is undoubtedly more complicated. An extra fixture, a derby, an extra cup competition to think about.. Burnley away is the leagues new "Shithouse" fixture since Stoke went down.

I think they drop points in at least one game but maybe even 2.

Liverpool shouldn't drop another point. Wolves are a good team but I don't think this Liverpool side loses at Anfield with a title on the line if it comes down to it.

Whoever wins will have deserved it but christ.. if City navigate this run in to see off Liverpool and add at least another trophy they should get the plaudits for it. Everything with City always feels that bit hollow but it'll be a top tier of all time campaign if they manage it.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

I've always sung Hendo's praises. Helps control games and he's a good leader.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a little worried about Cardiff on the weekend.

After the high of beating Chelsea. Potentially getting to a CL semi final and who know's, maybe seeing City drop points the day before to Spurs.

The last thing I want after that is going away to a Cardiff fighting for their lives (will still get relegated however) with the Brexit high commander Warnock frothing at the mouth at recent refereeing injustices.

Don't get me wrong, we should beat them and we're more than capable, but it's no dead rubber.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Those "smaller" games are sometimes the ones that screw up teams. Liverpool and City would be smart to be cautious and not take anything for granted until it actually happens.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, Alisson now has equalled De Gea's best ever season performance in clean sheets with 18, and there's still 4 games to go. And he hasn't even been as good as he could be at times. Madness.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
And if we lose the league by 1 point, there's the ball that was 11mm away from going over the line against City. Slabhead not getting a red card and then scoring way after extra time had finished against us etc. It'll be torturous either way.

With both teams getting so many points, ultimately there will be very few things you can point to for what led to the difference in points

City would have the pen miss at Anfield, the Wolves handball equaliser, not taking their chances in the loss vs Chelsea. Whereas Liverpool would have the nearly-goal vs City, no pen given vs Leicester, the chances missed vs Everton in the draw

City is going to lose to Spurs in the CL and beat them in the league. Everyone loses.

Can imagine quite a few people would be happy if City didn't win the quadruple

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018

It really is.

He gives you another attaking dimension.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With both teams getting so many points, ultimately there will be very few things you can point to for what led to the difference in points

City would have the pen miss at Anfield, the Wolves handball equaliser, not taking their chances in the loss vs Chelsea. Whereas Liverpool would have the nearly-goal vs City, no pen given vs Leicester, the chances missed vs Everton in the draw

Can imagine quite a few people would be happy if City didn't win the quadruple
Yeah, it's been a monumental season. Not forgetting that we are very possibly getting to a second CL semi in 2 years. Qualified for the CL 3 seasons in a row now. I think most LFC fans just wanted us to be in the conversation for the title this year before it started. Let alone doing this well against a frankly ridiculous City team.

Klopp spoke about this stuff yesterday. About how you can point to not beating Leicester, or West Ham or whatever, but it's stupid to do. Seasons have some ups and downs and we can only try and get maximum points from here on out. He's totally right. But it's so easy as a fan to look back at where you could've got enough couple of points. But it's absolutely not about us bottling anything. We've shown huge mentality in recent weeks imo.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Ole on the Barca away game:

"We have a decent plan. I hope it's decent – it's a plan anyway."

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame if we are going for the brighter red again, I've never liked having more than either white or yellow complimenting the red, not both, and not a big fan of the white stripe effect across the front. If it is New Balance's last one, then they're going out on a whimper compared to the last two.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mustafi at right back, remember the last time he attempted to cross?

On the other hand, glad to see Xhaka back. Midfield without him is a bit disorganized.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
City's run in is undoubtedly more complicated. An extra fixture, a derby, an extra cup competition to think about.. Burnley away is the leagues new "Shithouse" fixture since Stoke went down.

I think they drop points in at least one game but maybe even 2.

Liverpool shouldn't drop another point. Wolves are a good team but I don't think this Liverpool side loses at Anfield with a title on the line if it comes down to it.

Whoever wins will have deserved it but christ.. if City navigate this run in to see off Liverpool and add at least another trophy they should get the plaudits for it. Everything with City always feels that bit hollow but it'll be a top tier of all time campaign if they manage it.

The amount of FFs given are 0. City should be winning everything with that squad, they are two man deep with top if not world class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.