• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Palermo who were supposed to be in the playoffs have now been relegated to Serie C for cooking the books.

What disaster for the fans

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bolton enters administration officially and will begin next year in League One with at least a 12-point deduction. Next step is to get a competent owner, with the way the EFL runs the screening process, I'm less than optimistic.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
How shitty will that be for the Chelsea fans if they lose the EL final, then immediately after they'll learn that Hazard is off to Real Madrid.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Garth Crooks on team of season, if Liverpool don't win CL Van Dyke will be off....

Yep, we have reached click bait time

Oct 27, 2017
Garth Crooks on team of season, if Liverpool don't win CL Van Dyke will be off....

Yep, we have reached click bait time

I mean obviously this is nonsense but I think there is a degree of pressure on Liverpool now. If they lose the CL final (which I don't think they will) then next year becomes the third go for a bunch of this group of going close and still not winning anything. Have to imagine mental exhaustion starts kicking in at a certain point. Gets harder to keep picking people up. Have to refresh the group. I don't think that means selling Virgil specifically but might be some decisions across the board.

I think they'll win the CL though this year and it buys them time in that regard for sure. Couple of domestic pots wouldn't go a miss either next year if they can't win the league.

Bolton enters administration officially and will begin next year in League One with at least a 12-point deduction. Next step is to get a competent owner, with the way the EFL runs the screening process, I'm less than optimistic.

Fucking stinks for the game. But (and I appreciate he's not there anymore so this is pointless) there's something sadly ironic about this happening to Bolton, after Phil Gartsides views on closing off the Premier League for so many years.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean obviously this is nonsense but I think there is a degree of pressure on Liverpool now. If they lose the CL final (which I don't think they will) then next year becomes the third go for a bunch of this group of going close and still not winning anything. Have to imagine mental exhaustion starts kicking in at a certain point. Gets harder to keep picking people up. Have to refresh the group. I don't think that means selling Virgil specifically but might be some decisions across the board.

I think they'll win the CL though this year and it buys them time in that regard for sure. Couple of domestic pots wouldn't go a miss either next year if they can't win the league.

The problem is that (and I genuinely cant believe I'm saying this, even as a Liverpool fan) unless they're going to City, which i can't see our board signing off at all, pretty much every other club in Europe is a step down right now.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that (and I genuinely cant believe I'm saying this, even as a Liverpool fan) unless they're going to City, which i can't see our board signing off at all, pretty much every other club in Europe is a step down right now.

Completely agree. Which is why I think talk of individuals leaving at this point is super premature and silly.

I just mean in general regarding a squad refresh, and even then it's theoretical for 12 months down the line. It's just something you can apply to anybody doing any job, I think, but in football terms you can probably multiply it even more because of the way Liverpool play and the ferocity of the competition right now. If you ask a group to go hell for leather to achieve something for 3 years, without a drip of new idea or faces to keep people going, and without actually achieving it, you're going to risk burnout.

Just something I think they need to consider, rather than plotting individual players' exits. Platitudes about style, competitiveness etc will wear off quickly. This is a group and a team that needs to win something (although as I say, I think they will this year)

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

Unfortunately it's not really as simple as that - players can get tempted by other clubs due to other things, like more prestige (which applies to Real/Barca at minimum, but also arguably Bayern and Juve too), better chance of winning trophies, or even just stuff like living in a country/city with a better climate than Liverpool

Liverpool are in a really good place now but we still need to be worried about the rebuilding projects that will happen at Madrid and Barca this summer, and winning the CL will help a lot with keeping players at the club

Purdy

Oct 27, 2017
Their fans were massive cunts the entire game, worst I've seen at Anfield in ages. Hope they go down next season

This isn't true, they celebrated every City goal as they went in and everyone in the stadium knew it

They were a bit small time for bottling their only chance at a final that matters after being 2 up lol

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does Jose hate his home life or skint, why is he on with those cretins.

I do feel sorry for Man City, just one thing, Noel Gallagher. Does he have keys to the stadium.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

Why? Ed Woodward must be some sort of secret agent planted inside of Man Utd by Liverpool or City.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Brighton scored a minute later lol

🍋🍋

It didn't happen anyway - the only cheers that came from the Wolves fans at the game were when City scored

They were a bit small time for bottling their only chance at a final that matters after being 2 up lol

I did think it was a bit rich of them to be singing "you're gonna win fuck all" when Liverpool were going for the league and have a CL coming up, whereas the best that Wolves managed this season is being the least shit club from the midlands

Jul 18, 2018
How shitty will that be for the Chelsea fans if they lose the EL final, then immediately after they'll learn that Hazard is off to Real Madrid.
Pretty sure majority of us have already known this was pretty much set in stone ever since Zidane put the pen on the paper at Madrid, which was when....March?

The main issue is the transfer ban stuff and how we will either suffer from it or if we win appeals if we can make good signings

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
That dream died last summer :(
we will always have this.
1357347.jpg

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Pulisic in his first interview with Chelsea FC didn't mention playing with Hazard. He mentioned looking forward to playing with Kante, Luiz and Rudiger.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Pulisic in his first interview with Chelsea FC didn't mention playing with Hazard. He mentioned looking forward to playing with Kante, Luiz and Rudiger.
Wait.. are there people that still think Hazard is staying?

He's 28, has a year left on his contract and Chelsea are at the beginning of a rebuild with a new manager and a transfer ban. Staying would be pound-for-pound one of the dumbest decisions an elite player has ever made.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Not that it would happen but City not competing in the CL next season almost guarantees they're winning the league again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.