• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Atletico go in for Lacazette as a replacement for silly money. I think he'd actually suit them really well. I love Laca, but we need to sell ala Liverpool with Coutinho. It makes no sense when our two best players play in the same position, when we have such huge holes everywhere else.
If we are selling it should be Auba not Laca. Auba will be 30 by the start of the season, Laca is 27.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect anything big from Liverpool this window as of right now

That makes zero sense. We turned record profit last year. We're making about 100m off the champions league run alone.

Don't get me wrong, we're not going crazy in The summer, because I doubt klopp wants much. It's mainly strength in depth we're adding. But saying we can only buy really cheap players is nonsense.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Barcelona can just run up debts forever it seems. Already 600 million in the red and got another 150 million loan in January

84% of revenue spent on wages and the highest wage bill in world football

elseanio

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I see Man City are displaying their arse class again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48276093

It's alright though, cause its not about Sean Cox. It's about some other fans going to enjoy a football game and getting attacked. They didn't end up in comas, so all good.

To come out and justify their players/staff chanting about injuring a player and assaults on fans by saying "but it's not about Hillsborough!" is so fucking wrong. I hope the media press them further on this and get an actual apology.

City fans have had a year to distance themselves from this chant, knowing the backlash and connotations it brings, yet they've embraced it. I get the one upping over winning the double whilst Liverpool won nothing, but the rest of the chant needs to be called out. Sadly, I think now the fact the players/staff have been seen singing it, it will become more popular next season.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That makes zero sense. We turned record profit last year. We're making about 100m off the champions league run alone.

Don't get me wrong, we're not going crazy in The summer, because I doubt klopp wants much. It's mainly strength in depth we're adding. But saying we can only buy really cheap players is nonsense.
We were relying on Ward being our top keeper right up until Alisson flew to England. We aren't leaky about transfers as we used to be. I don't believe anything positive or negative from us now, until it's legitimately looking like a player will sign.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Sane's fantastic, not sure why City can't keep him? Although other than transfer fees it's next to impossible to stop German players from moving to Bayern
Apparently Sane also has attitude problems too. Wouldn't be the first time Pep forced out quality players because he thought they were arrogant etc.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We were relying on Ward being our top keeper right up until Alisson flew to England. We aren't leaky about transfers as we used to be. I don't believe anything positive or negative from us now, until it's legitimately looking like a player will sign.
Absolutely. Edwards just gets shit done. But as for us not being able to afford 20m for Brandt, we're getting 20m alone for Danny Ings lmao.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
I'm going against about 30 years of my own football principles and will almost certainly come to regret this later, but, I'm actively hoping Leeds do it.

AHG2uMD.gif

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Edwards just gets shit done. But as for us not being able to afford 20m for Brandt, we're getting 20m alone for Danny Ings lmao.
Well I think that the £20m being too much alone is kinda an excuse, kinda the truth - in that Klopp/Edwards legitimately don't value him for that, and that £20m could be part of a bigger deal. Let's not forget that we weren't limitless last summer, if Fekir was signed, I honestly don't believe we'd have had the cash for Alisson. So, yeah we defo have that money to spend on him right now, but rather keep it for someone else.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Real Sociedad will get €24m of the Griezmann money

not a bad bit of business

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Griezmann already dives and rolls around like a Barcelona player, they won't even need to teach him anything

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Atletico will apparently buy Felipe (CB from Porto) for ~20M€ according to the local news. Still, with Griezmman gone, Atletico is in a bad spot. Either they spend some serious money to rebuild that team or they're gonna drag themselves around next season.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Hard to believe the £20m to spend. Also as of right now I wouldn't believe a lot of the journalists talk yet. Remember last summer? Fabinho getting signed almost out of nowhere. Sure Shaqiri was linked, but for the longest time the word was that Karius was our #1 and we wouldn't go back for Alisson... then bang!

The Alisson transfer was being talked about from the Italian press for a while beforehand - but yeah you two are right. I wouldn't pay much attention to the British press about Liverpool transfers for the moment, the club seem to have locked stuff down since nearly blowing the VvD transfer

The problem is that while the press from outside the UK will be better to look at for a transfer story - they'll also be making up bollocks about Liverpool transfer stories because Liverpool seem to be one of those clubs that get linked with any up-and-coming player with an agent who wants to drum up interest

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
I coulda swore lacazette was supposed to go to Atletico before going to Arsenal. Wonder if he still wants to join sometime

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
On a simplistic level, Aubameyang averaged .77 xG per 90 this season and Lacazette .43 xG per 90, and this tracks with their career numbers: Lacazette is career .41 xG/90 from open play and Aubameyang .67.

Lacazette is a good player, but imo doesn't have the shot volume to be a consistent primary lone striker and isn't really a wide player either.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Would think that's Leeds through but after last weeks crazy football games you couldn't count out Derby just yet.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol now Bale wants to stay.

I bet they talked to other clubs and nobody was willing to offer him anywhere near the wages he makes at Madrid.

3 more years of Bale.

Status
Not open for further replies.