• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is pointless and obvious but I can't help but feel playoffs are a tad unfair. Leeds were 9 points better than Derby over the season. Yes there are playoffs and yes that is how it works but it always strikes me as a tad unjust.

Much more dramatic, obviously.

The alternative is having half the league play out tawdry, dull games for literally no reason from about October onwards. It's a necessary evil.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Marky Nobes coming for the crown, boyos

aswx6vqbkey21.jpg

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
So playing a friendly on artificial turf before a Championship game is not a smart idea. What was Chelsea thinking?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lazio have spent fuck all in the Lotito era and still won more then Roma

Pallotta has been a disaster

Last edited:

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Griezmann is a weirdo with some of the shit he does, like he lives on another planet.

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is pointless and obvious but I can't help but feel playoffs are a tad unfair. Leeds were 9 points better than Derby over the season. Yes there are playoffs and yes that is how it works but it always strikes me as a tad unjust.

Much more dramatic, obviously.

As someone who has seen play-off losses in both the final and semi final within the last few years, I wouldn't change them for anything.

Everyone enters the season knowing the terms and it keeps the league alive. You get to the final stretch of the season and everyone from 5th to 14th fancies their chances if they can put a run together.

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has seen play-off losses in both the final and semi final within the last few years, I wouldn't change them for anything.

Everyone enters the season knowing the terms and it keeps the league alive. You get to the final stretch of the season and everyone from 5th to 14th fancies their chances if they can put a run together.

Agree.

Without them you may as well reduce the number of teams in each league as there'd be a huge chunk of teams whose seasons would end a lot sooner if they didn't have the playoffs to push for.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All of the Championship playoff teams this season are dross- not one of them would have beaten Fulham from last season.

Oct 27, 2017
All of the Championship playoff teams this season are dross- not one of them would have beaten Fulham from last season.

Been that sort of season this year. Weirdly though I'd fancy all 3 promoted side to do better. Villa would be fine, probs mid table. You'd have to assume Norwich will one day go up and not be complete mince, so why not now. I'd fancy Chris Wilder to motivate 11 sloths to enough wins, especially at home. I'm just clinging onto the hope that the courtroom battle that's going on right now between the Blades joint owners derails their plans enough for them to bodge their recruitment.

Speaking of which, it's just come out that apparently United received a £3million loan from the Bin Laden family. Woof.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Better to have the cunt on your side than against you.

Not that I believe it will happen.
Agreed, and I'll be honest, of the three Salah is the best one to 'lose' to another club - as far as the squad goes; Firmino's work ethic is above his, and Mané has matured enough to rival Salah's goal count without the aide of spot kicks. Also, we will absolutely fleece Madrid if this were to happen.

Basically, Salah will probably go to wherever his soulmate Degsy will go.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, and I'll be honest, of the three Salah is the best one to 'lose' to another club - as far as the squad goes; Firmino's work ethic is above his, and Mané has matured enough to rival Salah's goal count without the aide of spot kicks. Also, we will absolutely fleece Madrid if this were to happen.

Basically, Salah will probably go to wherever his soulmate Degsy will go.
I can't say I agree with this take, Salah is criminally underrated imo. It's not just the goals, it's also the creativity, Mane doesn't really come close to offering what Salah does in that sense. Salah is both our best goal scorer and our best creator from the front three.

I think Mane's incredible, but it's a lot easier finding a player to replicate what he brings to the side than it is to find one capable of doing what Salah does. He creates and scores at an elite level and that's pretty rare in football, it's normally a case of either/or.

Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Liverpool would lose so much losing any one of their front 3. You don't get an attack clicking like that every day.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
LIVERPOOL

What do they need?

The view at Liverpool is that the team is effectively complete. There is a need to strengthen at left back and while there is often focus on the attacking positions improving the standard will not be easy. Youngster Rhian Brewster is highly rated and will be given opportunities. The evolution of the club's strategy under owners Fenway Sports Group means where once they spent to buy, now money is spent to retain. The contract extensions of eight players since last April, including Mo Salah, Sadio Mané and Roberto Firmino means the combined incremental cost of wage rises alone is between £150 million and £200 million. Virgil van Dijk should be among the next group of players to be rewarded given his impact.

Who are they likely to be after?

Liverpool scouts, along with a number of other top-flight sides including Arsenal and Southampton, have checked on Bristol City left back Lloyd Kelly. The England Under-21 starlet can also play at centre half. Andrew Robertson has developed into one of Europe's best left backs, but someone with potential and who can play in more than one position would appeal.

Any departures?

Alberto Moreno and Daniel Sturridge, who is still waiting to hear whether he will be banned over an alleged infringement of FA betting guidelines, are out of contract. Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has previously wanted first-team football after being usurped by Alisson Becker, but his attitude behind the scenes has been exemplary. Decisions need to be made on a number of loan players, including Harry Wilson who is at Derby County and Ryan Kent at Rangers. Should Derby gain promotion to the Premier League, they could try and sign Wilson permanently. Liverpool have previously structured deals with buy-back clauses as in the case of Jordon Ibe's move to Bournemouth in 2016.

How much do they have to spend?

There is never any set budget. Liverpool are now opportunistic and pragmatic in their transfer dealings so react when situations arise. The anticipation is that huge amounts will not be spent on incoming transfers, but there is always a caveat.

Joyce saying similar stuff to Ornstein how it will be a pretty quiet summer for Liverpool yes, but the whole "Liverpool only got a transfer budget of £20m" seems to be something Ornstein dreamt up.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact Villa are so close to getting promotion once again, is tantalising. And this match against Derby will be absolutely tough. But I'm way more confident in the team and manager this year than I was last year against Fulham (never rated Bruce).

Just have to go once more.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Joyce saying similar stuff to Ornstein how it will be a pretty quiet summer for Liverpool yes, but the whole "Liverpool only got a transfer budget of £20m" seems to be something Ornstein dreamt up.

Makes sense not to bang on about deals so we can try to strike a bargain but it'd be mad if we didn't sign at least one striker and one full back.

Also I wish the club would replace Lovren with De Ligt. Won't happen though.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense not to bang on about deals so we can try to strike a bargain but it'd be mad if we didn't sign at least one striker and one full back.

Also I wish the club would replace Lovren with De Ligt. Won't happen though.

Think we can probably expect a back-up goalkeeper, left back and striker/winger.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the Sunderland 'til I Die episode where Sunderland lose in the Play-Off Final.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just got my Nations League tickets. Through a fancy app and stuff. Kinda impressed UEFA are embracing technology so muc tbh. A shame they're a bunch of scumbags overall.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Almost a year after winning the Era World Cup Fantasy league, Syder takes home another title
ee129b766678ac172497c4072c338a5f_100_100.png

bm5GzJe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.