• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Most important tournament ever. The Nations League.

People will talk about this in 40 years time.

Memphis is the best player ever.

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me just give it to them why don't you, how the fuck does Barkley get to play the whole game in the first fucking place.

No bloody wonder stones doesn't start for city.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Just to make this clear: us reaching the finals means we are guaranteed to have a last chance playoff match for placing in the European champions of we fail to qualify right?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
ajPq060.png

Lets post this again.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, this pours a bit of cold water on the idea that we're anywhere close to challenging teams like Spain, France, Germany in knockout tournament games.

We're missing some key players but Stones would probably be starting in the first game of Euro20.

Oh god no, has to be Gomez and Maguire, surely.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god no, has to be Gomez and Maguire, surely.
I think Southgate has already shown he does play favourites. He's shown far too much faith in the likes of Kane, Alli, Lingard.

Just gotta hope Gomez and Maguire stay fit and play well until next Summer.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
why drop Michael Keane who plays regularly in an attacking team for a bum like Stones who barley plays and dosen't learn from his mistakes?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Just to make this clear: us reaching the finals means we are guaranteed to have a last chance playoff match for placing in the European champions of we fail to qualify right?

No. The teams at this tournament all have this chance now. Qualifying for this final tournament was enough.

This is just for the €10 million price money and a trophy.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
We should've just started Henderson, Trent and Rose instead of trying to wing it with this inferior mob, and Callum Wilson should've got his chance when Rashford picked up the knock. I am so finished with seeing Harry Kane plod around doing fuck all in an England shirt.

Even ignoring the howlers, Netherlands were just better and if they actually had a striker, we'd have lost comfortably in 90 minutes.

The only positive here is at least expectations won't be quite so astronomical in 2020. We absolutely must start bringing through U21 players to replace the frauds like Barkley, Lingard and Delph. James Maddison not even making the squad doesn't bode well in that aspect though.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance Tunisia, Panama and Colombia can be invited to the next Nations tournament? Like how Australia get invited to Eurovision.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seen some highlights, yeah this is what we look like against a half-decent side. Weirdly, despite not scoring Sterling looked like the only player who gave a fuck. And that second goal just spells out how absolutely laughable our defence is at times.

It says a lot that I'm way beyond even being disappointed.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
I find Henderson one of the worst players of LFC which still makes him good. That's just my opinion though.

Edit: meanwhile Depay is fucking up everything.
Clearly don't watch him enough. He's had this on his back for like 5 years. He's been great for pool for 2 years easily. High work rate. Passionate. Like IDK what he has to do to show people he's a great player. He could captain England to WC and people would say he's shit.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all goals scored by the Dutch in 2019 were either made by him or assisted by him, save for tonight's own goal though he was involved in that as well.
That's because the rest are somehow even worse. Babel and Bergwijn are awful. Nobody in midfield can score either save Gini at times. They literally had VVD up front against Germany. Tonight they had to rely on de Ligt to score in a set piece to force extra time. If you have to rely on Depay against Portugal, good luck.

Oct 25, 2017
That's because everyone else are even worse. Babel and Bergwijn are awful. Nobody in midfield can score either save Gini at times. They literally had VVD up front against Germany. Tonight they had to rely on de Ligt to score in a set piece to force extra time. If you have to rely on Depay against Portugal, good luck.

Memphis will always be dangerous though, even when playing shit. Especially with set-pieces. If you can score againt France and Germany, you can score against Portugal as well.

Not sure if you're Dutch, otherwise this is a good read.
https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/memphis-op-eenzame-hoogte-in-mvp-klassement-onder-koeman

8 goals and 7 assists since Koeman took over is excellent. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis replaces Van Persie as all-time top scorer when all is said and done. We'll see.

Not a fan of Babel though, nor Promes. And I'd play with Van de Beek on midfield.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
While Southgate refuses to look past Kane we simply won't win anything, like in the semis of the World Cup he was awful, yet never gets taken off

Plus he just watched him have an awful game in the CL....no excuses really

Last edited:

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Clearly don't watch him enough. He's had this on his back for like 5 years. He's been great for pool for 2 years easily. High work rate. Passionate. Like IDK what he has to do to show people he's a great player. He could captain England to WC and people would say he's shit.
I admit that I haven't seen that much LFC the last 1,5 years since I'm really busy. It seems he has improved a lot, because everyone here says he's great now.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
So excited to be in the final of this UEFA competition that doesn't even have its own thread, yaay!

Yesterday was one of the clumsiest matches ever though.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the number of times last night and this morning I've heard the game referred to as a "major semi final", it's a friendly tournament... I have more interest in the Emirates Cup

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If the dutch had a decent striker they would be dangerous

The front 3 are what will stop them going far in the Euros

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Memphis will always be dangerous though, even when playing shit. Especially with set-pieces. If you can score againt France and Germany, you can score against Portugal as well.

8 goals and 7 assists since Koeman took over is excellent. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis replaces Van Persie as all-time top scorer when all is said and done. We'll see.
Goals and assists don't show everything. You can clearly see he's struggling with the ball a number of times. The season has been long but perhaps he lacks proper technique as well. If he really was that good, Olympique Lyon wouldn't sideline him on a number of occasions this past season. He's fortunate the team lacks a proper striker. I agree the team needs a box-to-box player like van de Beek. Gini is one as well but van de Beek seems better at finding space near the box.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
memphis didnt have his best game but is always a threat. He has been brilliant for holland since koeman has been in and been in great form against big teams. He has done it against france and germany so why not portugal. He has always had issues in not having a great first touch but makes up for it in power in pace. Promes is fine, bergwijn is still young and babel needs to be dumped asap. Hope Malen, kaj sierhuis and justin can step up soon

In respect of england they need a midfield bad. Hendo n man like loftus cheek arent the answer

Last edited:

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I admit that I haven't seen that much LFC the last 1,5 years since I'm really busy. It seems he has improved a lot, because everyone here says he's great now.
Tbf, ever since Klopp took over, Henderson and Milner very much became his workhorses, and filled in any vacant or weakened position he'd ask of them. Remember, Milner was a LB for most of a previous season, during which time he received a lot more shit both from neutrals and even some fans.

By comparison, Klopp has almost exclusively used Henderson as a makeshift DM, tasking him with a lot of responsibility in winning the ball back, rather than creating chances further up the pitch which is what he has stated he feels is more naturally his game. After Fabinho finally settled into the DM role, there was no comparison between the two, Henderson did his best to maintain that position, but he clearly was downed tools as far as defence goes - so much so that it was around this time the VVD for captain shit started to really reek online, people were seeing Henderson as nothing but spare parts. He then takes this time when he's in/out the squad to convince Klopp to allow him his role as an 8 back for the last couple of months of the season, the same months where everyone watching him will agree are his best performances this season.

There are absolutely better attacking midfielders out there for us to buy, and sadly you're never gonna stop the level of malcontent Henderson garners from both rival and Liverpool fans, but given a lot of that reputation was cemented on performances he had to put in on the opposite end of the pitch than he should be playing, I'd wait another season before seeing him as anything close to the worst player in the side.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Watching Southgate's England is less entertaining than watching paint dry.

Not sure why anyone would want to put themselves through that.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
On the upside, weather is scheduled to clear up today, with temps soaring a bit for the weekend. So shrimp coloured brits and dutchies are gonna be a thing :D

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Southgate's England is less entertaining than watching paint dry.

Not sure why anyone would want to put themselves through that.

True but the atmosphere in England last summer (as someone who hates the team with a passion) was amazing. Makes the games much more enjoyable and you less in to it

Status
Not open for further replies.