• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2019/06/07/5cc86ca5268e3ee1108b4682.html

15566441013682.jpg

Transfer is rumored to be around 100m euros + variables.

Signs with the club for 5 seasons.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
2 good players so far. With Vinicius in shape (and coached by an actual coach this time around), Madrid's attack is looking fierce. If they can fix their defensive issues (looking at you Marcelo >.>) they're honestly a proper threat again. Of course, time will tell.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
2 good players so far. With Vinicius in shape (and coached by an actual coach this time around), Madrid's attack is looking fierce. If they can fix their defensive issues (looking at you Marcelo >.>) they're honestly a proper threat again. Of course, time will tell.

Vinicius can't finish to save his life and at times overdoing it on the ball. Really needs to develop, dunno about his first touch(its like a brick wall). Much more impressed from Rodrygo from the 5min YT clips I've seen.

Our midfield needs replacement as well, Modric/Kroos/Casemiro are either past it or just don't have the hunger. Dunno how we can replace all of them in 1 window tho.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Vinicius can't finish to save his life and at times overdoing it on the ball. Really needs to develop, dunno about his first touch(its like a brick wall). Much more impressed from Rodrygo from the 5min YT clips I've seen.

Our midfield needs replacement as well, Modric/Kroos/Casemiro are either past it or just don't have the hunger. Dunno how we can replace all of them in 1 window tho.
Vinicius needs to develop, yes, but in the final month before he got himself injured he was already this RM's best player. He clearly has the talent to be at this level, it remains to be seen if he has the work rate required and the hunger/willingness to improve himself every single week.

You can't really. Casemiro in particular still has a lot to give I feel. The other two, are/were world class players so it's gonna be a hard ask to actually replace them right away with someone that's just as good as they were at their peak.

Still, I'd say the defense needs to be looked after first. A solid defense is 75% of the requirement to have a decent season and it's where RM usually loses the League and their (internal) Cup runs. A lot of "silly" ties/defeats for them usually come from a less than stellar defense.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vinicius needs to develop, yes, but in the final month before he got himself injured he was already this RM's best player. He clearly has the talent to be at this level, it remains to be seen if he has the work rate required and the hunger/willingness to improve himself every single week.

You can't really. Casemiro in particular still has a lot to give I feel. The other two, are/were world class players so it's gonna be a hard ask to actually replace them right away with someone that's just as good as they were at their peak.

Still, I'd say the defense needs to be looked after first. A solid defense is 75% of the requirement to have a decent season and it's where RM usually loses the League and their (internal) Cup runs. A lot of "silly" ties/defeats for them usually come from a less than stellar defense.

Apparently we're very close to signing Mendy for 50m.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/04/5cf6732746163f32bf8b45fe.html

The club is just waiting for further medicals to complete the transfer.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the players liverpool have been linked with, if they got rabiot and either timo werner or nicolas pepe i'd be happy.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Question now is what happens to Bale.

Only way he goes is if Madrid top up his wages but if they can get some crazy fool to stump up 250k a week for him then they can at least save that and get a transfer fee.

2Bee what will they do?

Also why aren't you in the discord, we need a second moderator to spy on us

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question now is what happens to Bale.

Only way he goes is if Madrid top up his wages but if they can get some crazy fool to stump up 250k a week for him then they can at least save that and get a transfer fee.

2Bee what will they do?

Doubt Madrid will let him go for free or loan him out. He would be sold at a discount tho, the problem is the player doesn't want to take a pay cut to go anywhere else, and it seems no team is interested in paying him his 11m+ a year.

He's been told directly by Zidane that he will spend most of next season on the bench, so we'll see if he's willing to do that or take the pay cut and go actually play somewhere else.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Doubt Madrid will let him go for free or loan him out. He would be sold at a discount tho, the problem is the player doesn't want to take a pay cut to go anywhere else, and it seems no team is interested in paying him his 11m+ a year.

He's been told directly by Zidane that he will spend most of next season on the bench, so we'll see if he's willing to do that or take the pay cut and go actually play somewhere else.
You not think Madrid will just top up his wages to go elsewhere? Even if it only saves you £100k a week its better than nothing.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok now Chelsea just have to sign Coutinho and we're gold

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Very glad for the Hazard signing. That said, there were so many rumors and sources, it was so blatant, that it's really not a surprise. Still, between him and Jovic the forward of Madrid is looking fierce.

It also shows very clearly Zidane wants to go back to his 4-4-2 scheme, with Jovic (Or Mariano) in the place of Ronaldo playing alongside Benzema.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
I'd say its more likely than many others. Spurs could probably use some extra money and he's been there a while and is also running his contract down is he not?
I'd assume he's their backup option in case they can't get Pogbert but at the same time I don't think they'd go for him if he costs too much(over 60 mil)

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or Real need to sell players to comply with FFP?

They've spent close to 200 million and more to come apparently who can they sell for big money to balance things out?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man U are desperate and stupid with money. They'll buy Bale and others or PSG will and that's like two player wages. Madrid will just get another loan from the bank.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or Real need to sell players to comply with FFP?

They've spent close to 200 million and more to come apparently who can they sell for big money to balance things out?
They definitely need to sell some players, James, Ceballos, Llorente, Kovacic, maybe Bale, i suspect the big sale could be Isco, i'd take him in a heartbeat with a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.