• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is with the Netherlands, 0 shots on goal compared to 13 for portugal, 10 corners to 1 at 56 minutes

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PT6qDrr.png

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The DBZ english dub is one of those rare cases where its as good or better than the original.

The other one that comes to mind is Cowboy Bebop.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dubbed > Subbed always

And if you told me 4 years ago that Portugal would become Nations League champions, man....I would've asked wtf you were on about

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Congrats Portugal!

I'm still scratching my head about the significance of the Nations League but eh I will take it.

Poor Netherlands, another Portugal win over the Dutch.

But it was a clean match this time, the opposite of the Battle of Nuremberg 2006

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I know it is how it is going, but isn't it a shame that clubs are pulling out of the De Ligt transfer because of his demands, 19 year old kid FFS...

Liverpool pulled out, if rumours are to be believed Barcelona have not matched his demands either..

Only Utd and PSG so far have met the 250K a week wage

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I know it is how it is going, but isn't it a shame that clubs are pulling out of the De Ligt transfer because of his demands, 19 year old kid FFS...

Liverpool pulled out, if rumours are to be believed Barcelona have not matched his demands either..

You have absolutely no idea if that's the case other than what the agent wants in the press.

I bet that the player hasn't even thought about it since he's gone from the CL run to the Nations League and his agent's been going around trying to make clubs up their offers.

At the end of the day, he'll decide who he wants to talk to and they'll offer him their deals and he'll end up at Barca once they sell Coutinho.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

As much as it would be amazing to have him, I do think his inclusion would stifle any real growth we'd get out of Gomez going forwards. I know Joe is a bit injury prone, but the broken leg wasn't due to fragility, it was a tackle on a very wet and rainy pitch. We sign De Ligt and there is no way we pay those fees and wages for a player expected to share his spot with Gomez. Joe would become first choice/cover for Trent - cover for Trent also being a) a position we as fans are getting a little worn out by (see the Barca away leg), and b) any cover he is providing is at the expense of an equally young and growing Trent. No matter what way you slice it, we get De Ligt, we have to accept another incredibly talented and potentially world class centre half is going to get even half the game time available to him, which given the amount of time he has been injured, that game time is pretty precious at this point. Matip has overperformed to a level none of us were expecting, but he is a good squad player who knows what we see in Gomez (or De Ligt if he were here already), but signing him might inadvertently be a nail in the coffin for not just Lovren (not too arsed either way there), and Joe.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I ain't even mad at losing though I definitely would have liked to have won yesterday. The Nation's League may be just a bunch of glorified friendlies, winning the first one definitely gets you in the history books. So congrats Portugal.

I ain't mad because just two, three years ago the Oranje team was considered dead and buried. After the age of Cruijff, Neeskens, Rep, the age of Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, the age of Bergkamp, Kluivert, Seedorf and the age of Sneijder, Van Persie and Robben, the new crop was an absolute shambles. Missed out on two major tournaments and nothing in the future that would be competitive even with San Marino, we were poised to play second fiddle to Belgium of all countries for at least a decade.

Yet here we are, bottling in the final once again like nothing changed in all that time.

It's just weird to be calling this an age of Van Dijk. We're not supposed to have good defenders. And fucking Ryan Babel is still fielded in front, like what's happening.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017

His agent is royally screwing him over. The money transfer can come later, he has to prove himself on the biggest stage.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What did you think would happen with Mino Raiola?

To be honest, De Ligt is partly responsible for choosing that Mafia boss as his agent.

It's also partly why I want Pogba out of this club. Do not sign Mino Raiola players. Ever.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The feels. Remember living those days as kid. Good times! I remember Danish, Italian and Bulgarian fans walking around my town, the atmosphere was great.

---------------

Also:

Last edited:

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I still use "But Greece won Euro 2004!" to point out that an underdog could win a big tournament

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Just seen that Micah Richards is listed as having left Villa on a free here. Not a single appearance in his last 2 seasons there, what a waste of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.