• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pep has already forced City spend, at least, 709,4M€. Which is also a damn insanity in, what, 3-4 years? Ridiculous.

Here are the top transfers:

1.º De Bruyne, 76M €

2.º Rodri, 70M €

3.º Mahrez, 67.8M €

4.º Laporte, 65M €

5.º Benjamin Mendy, 57.5M €

6.º John Stones, 55.6M €

7.º Kyle Walker, 52M €

8.º Leroy Sané, 50.5M €

9.º Bernardo Silva, 50M €

10.º Ederson, 40M €

11.º Gabriel Jesús, 32M €

12º Danilo, 30M €

13.º Ilkay Gündogan, 27M €

14.º Claudio Bravo, 18M €

15.º Nolito, 18M €

Felix will also get the #7 shirt. No pressure!

joaofelix7DR.jpg

Probably more like a billion given how deals are actually negotiated. Mendy, Danilo, Bravo and Nolito are the only ones that don't work out that well. The rest have all been fantastic and built a new spine of a team.

And more money will be spent.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
New season, new kits!

65670787_10156765287323167_1511209557634842624_n.jpg
65709515_10156765287478167_2013982805876277248_n.jpg
66048235_10156765287513167_3823720619539693568_n.jpg

Not feeling the black kit too much, the "1922" (foundation year) looks very much weirdly placed.

They also showed a 3rd kit for the EL matches, but no official pics yet:

74D504CC-7CAF-4CF6-B332-F30945BB95B8.thumb.jpeg.27636416c5bf0c399b56dbb244afcb63.jpeg

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
From this list, KDB was before Pep for the record. The strike rate has been incredibly high as well -- Bernardo is worth at least €150m, Sane and Ederson €100-150m, €Jesus 80-100m, etc. Rodri continues to fit the profile of a young player who after a year or two at City will probably be worth double his fee. Bravo was a disappointment relative to expectations but has been okay in the end with his cup heroics. Mendy is really the only one on here that feels like a total miss.. hopeful for the best but it's seeming less and less likely. He's going to miss the entire preseason apparently so it's good that Zinchenko will have some competition with Angelino. City had a negative net spend last season so a big spend this year is in order. I'm liking the Ake rumor much more than Maguire.
The source was an article, I had assumed it was correct. Regardless that's still a large amount of money in a short time!

Not to say they were bad purchases, on the contrary. City has played awesomely and dominated the League under Pep's tenure so it payed off obviously. It was a mere illustration of how broken the market is when teams can spend this kind of money in periods of 5 years or less.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Lampard the quickest to go from starting his managerial career to managing a top draw team?

Everyone else I can think of did a few years before stepping up. Lampards done one year at Derby which was in a pretty good state before he came along and then straight to Chelsea. The Derby job alone was far better than what most get.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Is Lampard the quickest to go from starting his managerial career to managing a top draw team?

Everyone else I can think of did a few years before stepping up. Lampards done one year at Derby which was in a pretty good state before he came along and then straight to Chelsea. The Derby job alone was far better than what most get.

Kenny Dalglish

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Next season is going to be fantastic for the top 4 race... I think City will coast the league, I just cant see Liverpool having a season to top last years...especially as it looks like no signings coming in, well marquee ones

I do think the Lampard appointment is one where Chelsea are almost accepting top 4 might be beyond them, we all know the Chelsea dressing room is toxic and Lampard somehow has to motivate players who know they won't get replaced

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Next season is going to be fantastic for the top 4 race... I think City will coast the league, I just cant see Liverpool having a season to top last years...especially as it looks like no signings coming in, well marquee ones

I do think the Lampard appointment is one where Chelsea are almost accepting top 4 might be beyond them, we all know the Chelsea dressing room is toxic and Lampard somehow has to motivate players who know they won't get replaced

The players at the club fully respect Lampard so I can't see it being difficult for him, plus if anyone knows the club its him.

Thankfully it looks like the board will fully support him as well.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how Juventus have been operating within ffp the last few years
Their wage bill is more than double the next highest Serie A team and Milan, Inter and Roma are the ones that are getting fucked by FFP.

I'm sure Agnelli and Fiat are doing dodgy shit behind the scenes

Ronaldo alone made more than 14 Serie A Teams annual budget

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Lampard in

source.gif

Creeping closer and closer to the destruction of Chelsea FC 🍾

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I think Lampard will do quite well. All he really needs to do is stop the dressing room toxicity and being a club legend will go some way to that. As for Spurs, I have no idea where they are getting this money from. I know they made it to a CL final but aren't they in the red significantly over the new stadium

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand how Juventus have been operating within ffp the last few years

Isn't FFP based on a 5-year average? Winning titles and advancing in the CL (two finals even) surely played a part. Also all the free transfers.

Lampard in
Creeping closer and closer to the destruction of Chelsea FC 🍾

That or he pulls a Zidane, which would be funny as well. United: Why did it not work for us, should we have gone with Giggsy?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
That or he pulls a Zidane, which would be funny as well. United: Why did it not work for us, should we have gone with Giggsy?
I've seen people comparing this appointment to Zidane at Real and Pep at Barça.. and I'm guessing this is coming mostly from deluded Chelsea fans because their squad is currently a fucking joke, they don't have one player near the level of what Pep and Zidane had; Pep had Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, et al. and ZiZou had Ronaldo and the gang.

Zidane used his status as a former Ballon d'Or winner and Galáctico to bring the egos under reign at Real and focus their energy at winning in clutch moments. Pep actually worked with players coming through the Barça B team before his appointment and had already established a tactical identity to bring about the Golden Age of Tiki-Taka.

Lampard took over one of the better squads in the Championship that had finished 6th.. and achieved 6th.. 😂 Yeah, it could have gone worse but I've seen nothing to suggest he's ready for a top position.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Their wage bill is more than double the next highest Serie A team and Milan, Inter and Roma are the ones that are getting fucked by FFP.

Our wage bill is higher than the other clubs 'cause or revenues are double the amount of the likes of Milan and Inter, is that simple, as for this summer, De Ligt will probably be the only big transfer in terms of money spent, maybe Icardi if Dybala leaves.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people comparing this appointment to Zidane at Real and Pep at Barça.. and I'm guessing this is coming mostly from deluded Chelsea fans because their squad is currently a fucking joke, they don't have one player near the level of what Pep and Zidane had; Pep had Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, et al. and ZiZou had Ronaldo and the gang.

Zidane used his status as a former Ballon d'Or winner and Galáctico to bring the egos under reign at Real and focus their energy at winning in clutch moments. Pep actually worked with players coming through the Barça B team before his appointment and had already established a tactical identity to bring about the Golden Age of Tiki-Taka.

Lampard took over one of the better squads in the Championship that had finished 6th.. and achieved 6th... 😂
1 point less than his predecessor too.

INST

Nov 2, 2017

Lampard took over one of the better squads in the Championship that had finished 6th.. and achieved 6th.. 😂 Yeah, it could have gone worse but I've seen nothing to suggest he's ready for a top position.

True, but tbf Madridistas werent that optimistic with Zidane. Didn't do anything great while working with the youth and things were looking pretty dire for a long time (2nd season Ancelotti and 6 months of Rafa). Came in and fixed not only the team spirit, but also building that Kroos-Casemiro-Modric midfield and having us press up higher than before. Even though prior to that there was no indication with the youth teams he could make such tactical changes.

Not saying Lampard is gonna win it all, just that in certain cases it works out and the coach fits the team/club. Another example would be Luis Enrique, who failed at Roma and then went on to destroy everyone with Barca. So who knows really.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
True, but tbf Madridistas werent that optimistic with Zidane. Didn't do anything great while working with the youth and things were looking pretty dire for a long time (2nd season Ancelotti and 6 months of Rafa). Came in and fixed not only the team spirit, but also building that Kroos-Casemiro-Modric midfield and having us press up higher than before. Even though prior to that there was no indication with the youth teams he could make such tactical changes.

Not saying Lampard is gonna win it all, just that in certain cases it works out and the coach fits the team/club. Another example would be Luis Enrique, who failed at Roma and then went on to destroy everyone with Barca. So who knows really.
Real and Barça, even at their lowest ebbs, are so much better set up for success than 99% of clubs, they also don't have to worry about other clubs in their league usurping their control over the revenue they receive.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017

Kingsley Coman free transfer got 7m loan fee from bayern and sold to them for 21m
Higuain has been loaned out to ac Milan and Chelsea for 9m a piece (half season for both and the loan clubs pay his wages lol)
sold Bonucci for 42m, got him back in a swamp deal with Caldera both being valued for 35m
pogba, nothing much to be said there

look at their transfer history, they bring in loan players and get reasonable buy option while the market inflates every year, they get free transfers and sell player in same position.

Would not surprise me in two years if they got 70m for a ronaldo transfer to china

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.