• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Can't believe it myself. As an Arsenal fan, it'll be a tough few years ahead it looks like. (barring major player departures for Spurs)
I don't think it will as easy for clubs to pick off our players now, if Eriksen leaves I don't think all our fans will be that bothered and I think Toby is staying. Kane won't go anywhere either but we need to keep hold of Poch.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it will as easy for clubs to pick off our players now, if Eriksen leaves I don't think all our fans will be that bothered and I think Toby is staying. Kane won't go anywhere either but we need to keep hold of Poch.

Poch aint going nowhere now. Not with Levy getting the players he asked for.

Now Eriksen on the other hand....

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Atleti's history with forward signings (El Bandito, El Tigre, Kun, and Griezz) is the only reason i have some faith in the choice to spend 120 mill on Felix.

Seeing Robben retired makes me sad for coming FIFA years, he's been one of my go'to guys for years now in the game.

N'dombele and Lo Celso would give Spurs a monster midfield. Still unreal Betis bought Celso for 22 mill or some shit from PSG.

Hope Zaha to Arsenal happens and that Pool signs some wing/midfield depth. United is like warching paint dry with their transfer negotiations.

Saw that Barca was lookin at Laotaro Martinez as a Suarez replacement over time.

More than anything though i really wanna see Mbappe moved the fuck on from PSG as that shitheap of a team aint going anywhere fast , Neymar can fucking rot away there though but Mbappe to a prem team would be the dream as i think Lagliga is pretty fucking terrible to watch for the most part because of the enormous disparity between 3-4 teams compared to the rest. Because of the tv-deal structure in the UK even smaller outfits have quite deep pockets there in the prem.

Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Atleti's history with forward signings (El Bandito, El Tigre, Kun, and Griezz) is the only reason i have some faith in the choice to spend 120 mill on Felix.

Seeing Robben retired makes me sad for coming FIFA years, he's been one of my go'to guys for years now in the game.

N'dombele and Lo Celso would give Spurs a monster midfield. Still unreal Betis bought Celso for 22 mill or some shit from PSG.

Hope Zaha to Arsenal happens and that Pool signs some wing/midfield depth. United is like warching paint dry with their transfer negotiations.

Saw that Barca was lookin at Laotaro Martinez as a Suarez replacement over time.

More than anything though i really wanna see Mbappe moved the fuck on from PSG as that shitheap of a team aint going anywhere fast , Neymar can fucking rot away there though but Mbappe to a prem team would be the dream as i think Lagliga is pretty fucking terrible to watch for the most part because of the enormous disparity between 3-4 teams compared to the rest. Because of the tv-deal structure in the UK even smaller outfits have quite deep pockets there in the prem.

So you're saying... Mbappe to Burnley is possible? ;)

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
City maybe to replace Kun, as Mbappe's future is as a striker not a winger. And cuz Jesus is fucking garbage and won't ever come near even the quality of Kun.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
Predictions

Relegation

22. Stoke
23. Wigan
24. Millwall

Top 6
1. Leeds
2. WBA
3. Wednesday
4. ?
5. Derby
6. Middlesbrough

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Prem isn't that much better. Barça has for more competition from teams they were playing last season than Man City did.

Some teams didn't even bother to try and attack City, not even the one up top for the long ball. Just 11 men in their box for 90 mins and some of the most boring football I have ever watched in my life.

At least when teams play Barça they actually try to play them and it's not damage limitation.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so glad Liverpool don't got any players with Raiola as their agent.
Agreed, from the very little news you ever hear about how we approach and negotiate with agents, we're either been shrewd to a masterful degree, or extremely good at rubbing them up the right way. That and we pay up in the end. Can't see any kind of charm working for pricks like Raiola.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting stuff from Fabinho from a Brazilian podcast

• Virgil Van Djik shouts his own name ("VIRG!!!") whenever he's about to go for a ball in the box and everyone knows it's time to make way
  • Pep Lijnders speaks portuguese and talked more to Fabinho than Klopp in the beggining
  • Fabinho's in awe of everything Van Djik related. Goes as far as to not have words and gasp trying to describe his dominance
  • Van Djik and Wij are Fabinho's best mates who helped him settle right from the get-go
  • Salah's reserved but talkative. Happiest guy in the world when around Lovren
  • Lovren's playful with Fabinho and challenges him to speak english around the other players
  • Fabinho calls our dutch boy Gini
  • Salah's the main star of the team in his opinion, but he'd give VVD the Ballon D'or for his perfomance this season
  • Fabinho's always wished to play with/against Messi. Talks about how even his long legs and patience were never enough to make a good tackle
  • Fabinho's top 3 players in the world this season: VVD, Messi and Mané
  • Says a team effort is the absolute most important thing for success currently in football. "Individual talent doesn't work miracles anymore".
  • In the dressing room at Camp Nou after the match, Jürgen laughed and congratulated the boys for they had played one of their best matches all year.
  • In the ice pool with Mané after the game, Klopp approaches Fab and asks: -"Gini said we'll get through next week. What do you think?"
    Fab responds - "I'm sure of it"
    Klopp goes -"Good. There's three of us already!"
  • In the preparation for the second leg against Barça, even with Salah and Bobby out, the sentiment with the players was that they'd find a way to get through.
  • Things went by naturally during the match, exactly as it was planned, he says. After the second goal, he says he knew Barça was already out of the game.
  • Says the atmosphere had a huge influence that game. -"The stadium that day. Wow."
  • Fabinho was already prepared for extra time and was caught by surprise like some of the other boys with the 4th goal.
  • Origi said that he didn't see Arnold's corner, and that his shot was pure reflex.
  • Fabinho says there are only two pitches he's played where the atmosphere's really different from the rest in Europe: Olympique's Vélodrome and Anfield.
  • Says he never felt anything similar to the atmosphere in the 4-0.
  • Talks about the YNWA after the game. -"Everyone gathered around the Kop, thinking about the difficulty of the game without two world-class players... I almost teared up at one point, but Firmino told me something that made it go away"

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
How's Raiola a prick? It's clear as day that Pogba wants to leave and it's up to his agent to try and satisfy him.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
He's an agent. A very good one. You don't get to be good and not be a prick in that business.
Ok but there are a ton of pricks in football, i just don't get how whenever Raiola is involved in a controversial deal it's always his fault and not the player, it's not like he'll put a gun on Pogba's head and force him to join Madrid.
Did you miss everything else about him?

He's a gargantuan prick.

He's a powerful agent with loads of great players connected to him that makes deals with every top club, he may be a prick in real life but that doesn't mean that he's not good at his job.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Raiola is great at his job. But man he got a lengthy track record with his clients not behaving the best to force their away out of their current clubs.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There's an alternate version the did the rounds wherein it was Mané rather than Klopp that was quoted over the "Now we are three", but regardless, either seem credible given the level of composure we were still carrying after losing 3-0. Like that Lijnders's is getting a lot more praise, especially after more has come out over why Buvac left. No ill will there, but Pep has done wonders since pre-season last year. I remember there were Reds in here, myself included, that saw us not Gengenpress like we had done when Buvac was here (during that mad spell of games with PSG, Napoli, Chelsea twice, Spurs etc) that there was worry Klopp had lost 'the brains' of the operation. But, Buvac leaves, we go more conservative with our gameplay, and we've a European cup and a well trained squad to show for it.

Ok but there are a ton of pricks in football, i just don't get how whenever Raiola is involved in a controversial deal it's always his fault and not the player, it's not like he'll put a gun on Pogba's head and force him to join Madrid.

No, he'll put the gun to Woodward's head.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
Because he helps make them money. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Are you Raiola's Era account or something?
No, i just don't understand how he's always painted as the villain in every situation, i bet United's fans weren't that angry with him 3 years ago when pogba joined them over Real or Barca?

Also, he's one of the few figures in italian football that openly talks against the federation when it comes to racism and other problems, that alone is enough for me to like him.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, i just don't understand how he's always painted as the villain in every situation, i bet United's fans weren't that angry with him 3 years ago when pogba joined them over Real or Barca?

Also, he's one of the few figures in italian football that openly talks against the federation when it comes to racism and other problems, that alone is enough for me to like him.
99% of agents are dickheads. You also can't really like a person you have never met and don't know.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else bored with seemingly every elite player wanting to Join Real or Barca if it's at all possible? It's been going on for 20 years now. Not sure English clubs can ever compete with them.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
99% of agents are dickheads. You also can't really like a person you have never met and don't know.
Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a colourful character to say the least, i just don't think he's the ultimate prick in football like a lot of people think he is, i'm sure there are way worse people and agents in that world.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else bored with seemingly every elite player wanting to Join Real or Barca if it's at all possible? It's been going on for 20 years now. Not sure English clubs can ever compete with them.
England has never competed against them, or Juve, or any of the others though. Going back to when we were the biggest club over here, we still bled a lot of talent to mainland Europe, and in most cases, with only passing regard. It's to be believed we had with a few stars a very open idea of how what they did for Liverpool could open the doors for them later in Spain or Italy or Germany or wherever they sought - as long as they helped us win something. After that, we can cash in on you, and go find the next big thing.

United knew the drill too, albeit a bit more begrudgingly. "You can fuck off there, once we're in a comfortable position." Was Ferguson's mentality, and it worked well for him overall, if you think the kind of talent that left for Madrid, and what he achieved with them beforehand.

Moving players only becomes a problem when you aren't winning stuff, therefore less likely to attract newer ones. Look at City, for instance. A lot of their squad aren't mercenaries (at least, they don't come across as such), yet apart from Sane you don't hear of any of them even grunting towards Spain, because they're in a position where they win stuff. Odds are, over the next couple of seasons they will start to disperse, only after City have guaranteed they've got newer players lined up - and as much as it fucking hurts to admit, they've got that down to an exact science.

Also, as an aside, Barca's level of success is relatively shorter than Madrid's, and what will be fascinating to see is how quickly they land on their feet once Messi retires. They aren't a one-man team, and they did have success prior to him, but my God that club is so synonymous with him that it could really set them back while they find their new identity, with a lot stronger domestic and European competition than they had a couple of decades ago.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man Utd appointing Moyes really did bring a curse onto the club.

I can not believe that clown Woodward is still there lol

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Also, as an aside, Barca's level of success is relatively shorter than Madrid's, and what will be fascinating to see is how quickly they land on their feet once Messi retires. They aren't a one-man team, and they did have success prior to him, but my God that club is so synonymous with him that it could really set them back while they find their new identity, with a lot stronger domestic and European competition than they had a couple of decades ago.

Messi retires, Barca will probably put a monstrous bid in for Mbappe. I know not same position...but i could totally see it.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt be so sure. I could see Wolves and Everton really pushing 6th this year.
Leicester and West Ham are dangerously close too. My predictions for this year; 1st City, 2nd us (unless Brewster and the likes hit the ground running to prove we can have a B-team that wins, then I don't see how we go further than we did last season, all the while City strengthened), 3rd Spurs (and it will be dangerously close this time). Then the gap between us three and fourth, which in my opinion is up for grabs by 7 clubs. That's where the drama is going to be this season.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Leicester and West Ham are dangerously close too. My predictions for this year; 1st City, 2nd us (unless Brewster and the likes hit the ground running to prove we can have a B-team that wins, then I don't see how we go further than we did last season, all the while City strengthened), 3rd Spurs (and it will be dangerously close this time). Then the gap between us three and fourth, which in my opinion is up for grabs by 7 clubs. That's where the drama is going to be this season.

Yeah i could totally see this honestly. I think this year could be one of the most interesting to watch in quite a while.(Hoping so anyway)

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
5i8itoenjg831.jpg

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Bayern to put 2 GK sups
Is this the tread to join the official Era league?
Fantasy league? yes probably.

There might be another thread of people who think they know football but don't say cunt nearly enough to actually know football.

Welcome, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.