• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
Kompany told Pep to sign him, quite publicly after a match while still on the pitch, so I'm surprised he's ended up back at Leicester. Obviously heard about Sir Brendan's brown envelopes and doesn't want to face that shame.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I am not convinced Klopp is going to sign anyone, I think it is a mistake as Ferguson always said, getting new faces even with a top team keeps it fresh

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I am not convinced Klopp is going to sign anyone, I think it is a mistake as Ferguson always said, getting new faces even with a top team keeps it fresh
And bringing in young players under Klopp is free money. If they're good, they'll double their value. If they're bad, for some reason, they'll also double their value.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
English media and pogba is odd as hell, united as they are now without pogba would struggle for 6th. Mid table by the end of December

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Huh. Well, there's always evidence that even upon reaching 17 years old, you can either be talented enough, or you can train yourself enough, to be ready for certain first team top flight choices, and I suppose the cost of the contract could be needlessly bigger if we sat on it for a year, but Klopp's training regime is brutal for even fully established players, and whilst we don't press as hard as our first couple of seasons, we're a lot more demanding than Fulham where he got his first league appearances. Van de Berg is getting gelled in with the first team this pre-season too (though I dunno if that's a permanent choice given the amount of players who aren't immediately reporting in, or if he's given the same treatment as Elliot here). Hard to be hyped since they're literally untested youth - and youth that hasn't come out of our academy, which at 16-18 the club, fans and related media tend to have a good idea of how good they are going to be, but at the same time hard to be pessimistic when the likes of Gomez got founded on the exact same kind of deals. Maybe these deals could be looked on as good little £20/30 million earners in the next few years, or absolute steals (in this market) if they keep themselves mainstay players in the squad as they grow.

Shav1

May 18, 2018

Huh. Well, there's always evidence that even upon reaching 17 years old, you can either be talented enough, or you can train yourself enough, to be ready for certain first team top flight choices, and I suppose the cost of the contract could be needlessly bigger if we sat on it for a year, but Klopp's training regime is brutal for even fully established players, and whilst we don't press has hard as our first couple of seasons, we're a lot more demanding than Fulham where he got his first league appearances. Van de Berg is getting gelled in with the first team this pre-season too (though I dunno if that's a permanent choice given the amount of players who aren't immediately reporting in, or if he's given the same treatment as Elliot here). Hard to be hyped since they're literally untested youth - and youth that hasn't come out of our academy, which at 16-18 the club, fans and related media tend to have a good idea of how good they are going to be, but at the same time hard to be pessimistic when the likes of Gomez got founded on the exact same kind of deals. Maybe these deals could be looked on as good little £20/30 million earners in the next few years, or absolute steals (in this market) if they keep themselves mainstay players in the squad as they grow.

I can only see these deals as promising. Our scouting department has shown they can spot talent and they seem to know what qualities to look for in the players. I can only assume he'll come good for the team in due time or we can sell him for a decent fee in a couple of years. I hope they don't turn out like grujic though. It's a bit unfortunate he didn't really get to play for us.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I can only see these deals as promising. Our scouting department has shown they can spot talent and they seem to know what qualities to look for in the players. I can only assume he'll come good for the team in due time or we can sell him for a decent fee in a couple of years. I hope they don't turn out like grujic though. It's a bit unfortunate he didn't really get to play for us.
Grujic is earmarked for next season, looks like he's replacing Milner

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My only theories are; a) this scouting system that the club and FSG have spent time, money and effort in has been (and potentially still is) a work-in-progress, that's done us wonders (which could include these two) but will still see us pick up a few duds if the variables are too unpredictable (they don't gel well with the team/staff/system, their growth is unrealised even with us, questions about their individual drive and strength, like Karius's meltdown, could surface etc, which also could include these two), or that b) they're not too worried about that and do see these signings primarily as easy money with little desire to invest in them being first team choices beyond this pre-season, which is a bit of a weird pre-season anyway.

I mean, we're without Keita and Shaqiri for a bit, we weren't expecting Gomez to be back with us so quick, Henderson and Trent aren't getting a full pre-season, Alisson is off, and surprisingly Salah could be the first of the front three to report in given how Egypt crashed out of the African cup. Add to that Kelleher is injured, and we've let a lot of players go or sent out on loan, weirdly our squad for pre season is a bit thrown together, so selling a couple of lads on the experience of training alongside the likes of Van Dijk, Milner, Robertson, Fabinho for a full summer, American tour included, before being granted a full couple of seasons of training by Liverpool staff is far easier than saying, "We'll sign you, but immediately ship you off elsewhere." We may be turning our pre-season into one of the greatest summer camp packages of all time.

You'd have to wonder how much pre-season these two would see if we had the overall majority of the squad available, so I'm not too convinced yet they're exactly what we're looking for anytime soon, but then again I also thought Trent was dead-on cert to become transfer fodder from the academy, so here's me eating crow if either play a part in lifting some silverware with us.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Grujic is earmarked for next season, looks like he's replacing Milner
I wouldn't be so sure yet. I read an article from the echo that looks at his style of play and his numbers. From what I read he didn't really seem to be a fit for our squad. Other than his tackling and aggression (which aren't that special) he wouldn't offer much. Although if he does develop some more in the bundesliga (like his creativity or attacking output for example) this season then I can see it happening.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
My only theories are; a) this scouting system that the club and FSG have spent time, money and effort in has been (and potentially still is) a work-in-progress, that's done us wonders (which could include these two) but will still see us pick up a few duds if the variables are too unpredictable (they don't gel well with the team/staff/system, their growth is unrealised even with us, questions about their individual drive and strength, like Karius's meltdown, could surface etc, which also could include these two), or that b) they're not too worried about that and do see these signings primarily as easy money with little desire to invest in them being first team choices beyond this pre-season, which is a bit of a weird pre-season anyway.

I mean, we're without Keita and Shaqiri for a bit, we weren't expecting Gomez to be back with us so quick, Henderson and Trent aren't getting a full pre-season, Alisson is off, and surprisingly Salah could be the first of the front three to report in given how Egypt crashed out of the African cup. Add to that Kelleher is injured, and we've let a lot of players go or sent out on loan, weirdly our squad for pre season is a bit thrown together, so selling a couple of lads on the experience of training alongside the likes of Van Dijk, Milner, Robertson, Fabinho for a full summer, American tour included, before being granted a full couple of seasons of training by Liverpool staff is far easier than saying, "We'll sign you, but immediately ship you off elsewhere." We may be turning our pre-season into one of the greatest summer camp packages of all time.

You'd have to wonder how much pre-season these two would see if we had the overall majority of the squad available, so I'm not too convinced yet they're exactly what we're looking for anytime soon, but then again I also thought Trent was dead-on cert to become transfer fodder from the academy, so here's me eating crow if either play a part in lifting some silverware with us.
Well Klopps always given youngsters the chance to prove themselves in preseason so they would've likely gotten the same amount they're getting now even if we had all our players. It's how well they do that'll determine if they get loaned out or get first team chances.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How did you ever come to the conclusion TAA was ever going to be a dud
Meh, just seemed really too fragile at the back before he started to really play for the first team. Remember, this is before we started to really utilise our fullbacks as secondary wingers, so seeing a RB that doesn't really defend, nor established himself as a defensive player in the reserves, at a time when we had Clyne seemingly being a solid defensive choice, made be think Trent was someone we'd eventually sell on. A bit like what happened just recently with Camacho.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Is anyone here in the resetERA Football Discord server, is it possible to get an invite please?

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
_20190709_095031buk04.jpg

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any one wanting a discord invite ask Syder as he has to vet people. I can invite people but have no way to vet people, we do it as we have had a few sus dudes in it.

We let in dudes like Lashley that are sus as fuck

Last edited:

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pauli - HSV on a Monday evening.
I have no words...what are they thinking? That's gonna be a total mess. Jesus Christ, DFB.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
I mean, sure any player/manager can pay it to become a free agent of sorts, but it's clear this is being done by Barça and the money is coming from there. But since they love to deal in fuckery, here we are.

Will laugh if he gets benched.
In Spain though if a player's release clause is triggered then the club that triggered it gives the money to the player. The player would then pay it themself.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
In Spain though if a player's release clause is triggered then the club that triggered it gives the money to the player. The player would then pay it themself.
This move is still maximum fuckery given Barça's lack of conversations with Atletico and him not showing up the pre-season. It's him announcing that he's gonna pay it, not two clubs reaching an agreement and following the rules of transfers in the League.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I take it there is something stopping the player from just ... pocketing said money and saying "changed my mind, I'm staying" ?

Shav1

May 18, 2018
This move is still maximum fuckery given Barça's lack of conversations with Atletico and him not showing up the pre-season. It's him announcing that he's gonna pay it, not two clubs reaching an agreement and following the rules of transfers in the League.

Well yeah there does seem to be fuckery in the works. Would love if it falls through and Griezmann has to stay after all the shit that happened. Would be hilarious.

I take it there is something stopping the player from just ... pocketing said money and saying "changed my mind, I'm staying" ?

Lol of course though I'm not sure what it is. I'd assume that there's some legalities that makes sure that if the player decides to stay then they give the money back although I'd also assume a club wouldn't go through with the process unless they were a hundred percent sure the player was willing to come to them.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Barca negotiating with him while he was still under contract + him not reporting for preseason was shady. But the release clause payment was 100% standard. Completely by the book. Every player in La Liga is required to have a release clause (iirc), and every team is capable of triggering that release clause by giving the money to the player to pay.

This is exactly how the Rodri transfer worked, for example:
Marca.com said:
Rodri Hernandez's future appears to be nearing a resolution after the midfielder paid his 70 million euro release clause at LaLiga's headquarters on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.