• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I'm just hoping the club act more proactively this time around.

Although LvG got us an FA Cup, he really should have been out the door after the awful November - January period.

Moyes should have been gone whilst we still had a chance of salvaging a top 4 finish, not at the point it became mathematically impossible.

Mourinho will get a nice payoff with his recent contract extension, at least.

It's early days still but I don't see us finishing above City (will walk the league), Liverpool (could make it far if they learn to grind out results), Chelsea (will improve massively with Hazard, despite the dodgy defence) or Spurs this season.
Problem is they have what would ordinarily be a decent attitude of not wanting to sack a manager. If we were as bad as Chelsea were in his last season, they'd ship him at xmas, but if we're in or around top 4 I wouldn't be surprised to see him kept on.

The key issue is I don;t even know who they go for to replace him. Poch just got nailed to a long contract and I don't think we'd pay it out, Zidane obviously did well with Madrid in the CL but I'm not convinced he's they guy to make this lot cohesive. Who do they put in there??

5 years ago I'd have said Pep or Klopp. Instead of that we got fucking Moyes.

Still very early in the season but a performance like that after all the summer bollocks, then Pogbas stuff after the first game doesn't exactly fill anyone with a lot of confidence.

Whoever comes in will still need money spent, and will still be under the same "but you spent money so why aren't you winning" pressure.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Problem is they have what would ordinarily be a decent attitude of not wanting to sack a manager. If we were as bad as Chelsea were in his last season, they'd ship him at xmas, but if we're in or around top 4 I wouldn't be surprised to see him kept on.

The key issue is I don;t even know who they go for to replace him. Poch just got nailed to a long contract and I don't think we'd pay it out, Zidane obviously did well with Madrid in the CL but I'm not convinced he's they guy to make this lot cohesive. Who do they put in there??

5 years ago I'd have said Pep or Klopp. Instead of that we got fucking Moyes.

Still very early in the season but a performance like that after all the summer bollocks, then Pogbas stuff after the first game doesn't exactly fill anyone with a lot of confidence.

Whoever comes in will still need money spent, and will still be under the same "but you spent money so why aren't you winning" pressure.

The whole team spirit needs fixing - the old Fergie team spirit has completely disappeared.

I'd like to see us stop chasing short term success with signings like Ibra, Sanchez and Matic.

Go for a younger manager, despite the risk, who is more progressive in thinking. Tuchel would have been cool.

Instead of expecting a title challenge straight off, think realistically. Address the RW, CB and RB issues and work from there. Have someone who won't be afraid of giving Gomes, Chong, Tuanzebe, Fosu, etc minutes when they're deserving of it. We have exciting youngsters coming through and Mourinho just isn't the man to nurture them.

Poch would really be ideal for this.

As it stands, I see Liverpool winning a league title before our next one. I can't see anyone other than City winning the league while Pep remains, though.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
D6PfW.jpg

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Mate if I honestly answered this question, the post would be longer than that nutjob Pokemon anime post.
Not even going to look to see what post you're talking about.

The whole team spirit needs fixing - the old Fergie team spirit has completely disappeared.

I'd like to see us stop chasing short term success with signings like Ibra, Sanchez and Matic.

Go for a younger manager, despite the risk, who is more progressive in thinking. Tuchel would have been cool.

Instead of expecting a title challenge straight off, think realistically. Address the RW, CB and RB issues and work from there. Have someone who won't be afraid of giving Gomes, Chong, Tuanzebe, Fosu, etc minutes when they're deserving of it. We have exciting youngsters coming through and Mourinho just isn't the man to nurture them.

Poch would really be ideal for this.

As it stands, I see Liverpool winning a league title before our next one. I can't see anyone other than City winning the league while Pep remains, though.
I agree, but they won't do any of these things I don't think.

Though to be fair I think Matic given the circumstances was a good buy.

All I can hope is that City stay good enough to make sure Pool don't win a title before they drop off again.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's much higher profile and probably better paying than League One or the SPL, which is where he actually belongs.

It's higher profile but the quality isn't much better than League One or SPL.

Martinez is the best example of someone falling upwards. He went from failing at Everton to managing some of the best players in the world.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It's higher profile but the quality isn't much better than League One or SPL.

Martinez is the best example of someone falling upwards. He went from failing at Everton to managing some of the best players in the world.
He will have some half decent players to work with, and he will likely manage them in some major international tournaments. Like I said, it's way more than his ability warrants.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Modric is again on the bench for Real. And Ceballos is in the starting line-up. Is Real preparing for a very near future without Modric?

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I liked wright until he mocked roy keanes accent. Now he is a piece of shit, shouldnt forget irish were treated like 2nd class citizens in britain for years
I'm shocked that this flew completely under the radar. What he did there could easily be called racist. Hypothetically if it was Emmanuel Adebayor sat next to him and Wright mocked his accent, you figure that would upset a few people right?

I don't think he is racist, I think he's a complete idiot that resorted to childish name calling when he was out-bantered by Keane.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that this flew completely under the radar. What he did there could easily be called racist. Hypothetically if it was Emmanuel Adebayor sat next to him and Wright mocked his accent, you figure that would upset a few people right?

I don't think he is racist, I think he's a complete idiot that resorted to childish name calling when he was out-bantered by Keane.
Nah, mockery of the other countries in GB+Ireland is fair game.

Such as everybody agreeing that people from
Birmingham sound ridiculous.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Nah, mockery of the other countries in GB+Ireland is fair game.

Such as everybody agreeing that people from
Birmingham sound ridiculous.
I dunno man, personally I wouldn't be massively offended if someone did that to me over there, but I would think they were a massive bellend. As Gir points out, Irish people were treated pretty badly over there in the past as well. Ian Wright should have known better. It was racist at worst and massively childish at best.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, personally I wouldn't be massively offended if someone did that to me over there, but I would think they were a massive bellend. As Gir points out, Irish people were treated pretty badly over there in the past as well. Ian Wright should have known better. It was racist at worst and massively childish at best.
My girlfriend rips it out of my accent literally every single day. She wouldn't be Scottish if she didn't. But then, I'm not Irish so maybe that's different.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
My girlfriend rips it out of my accent literally every single day. She wouldn't be Scottish if she didn't. But then, I'm not Irish so maybe that's different.
If I'm being honest I don't really know, maybe it is and maybe it isn't. We do the same thing here, for such a small country we have a surprising variation of accents here.

Potential racism aside, Wright was still being an absolute cunt there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.