• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was just the shits I had.

Side note: Finally finished Mankind Divided a full 2 years after starting it. Enjoyed it but the end of it was a real slog. After Prague goes into lockdown it just became a pain to traverse, this isn't helped by the fact that they send you to every corner of the map for fetch quests.

You should play the DLC at some point. They're not amazing or anything, but you can usually pick up both for a few quid each during a sale. System Rift should last you about 2-3 hours, while A Criminal Past is about 4-5 hours.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
If I was comparing him to his credentials from 2004, I wouldn't even include him as a Bundesliga coach. He got a team relegated in Bundesliga II. Not I, but II. So I'm not comparing to his awful level of 2002 where he finishes at the bottom of BII or Turkey league.

Well, like I said. NT coaching and club coaching aren't comparable. It's not like Fabio Capello has lit the world on fire as a NT coach.
That said, Löw's 1998 Stuttgart team with Elber, Bobic and Balakov won the cup and was one of the most fun teams in league history.
I agree that Löw's club record isn't impressive but he wasn't THAT terrible.

Better than the 80s, 90s, and obviously early 2000s and has achieved fuck all in terms of what what he should have. A friend of mine also mentioned that Loew's record is super duper awesome but being a flat track bully when your team can overwhelm the opposition purely based on a monolithic difference of talent, that means really fuck all at the end. Nobody is going to care that he consistently went 9-1 or 10-0 in qualifiers because it's all pointless.

Can't really agree that Löw's 2008-2018 collection of players was better than Germany was back in the 80s and 90s, when West Germany made three consecutive WC finals.
Spain's squad was hands down better from 2008 to 2012. Only in 2014 did Jogi really have the best team, when the Klose, the 2006 guys (Schweini, Lahm) and the 2009 U21 Euro champs (Neuer, Boateng, Özil) were playing.
Other than that, there was a lot of Arne Friedrichs and Hitzlspergers on our roster.

As far as "beating up on the cupcakes" goes, there have been times when Germany had more issues getting to the finals.
IIRC the 1990 winners qualified on a last minute goal against Wales.
Not saying that beating San Marino is sth to brag about, but other big nations struggle all the time against these teams.
Look at Italy, England or Holland. They all missed tournaments.

I'm not a huge Löw fan but I will admit that "pre Russia" he gave us an aura of invincibility against small teams. There weren't many big fuckups I can remember.

What are you talking about? His only accmplishments is winning 1 major competition in 6 attempts while having an unbelievable roster for 5 of those 6 tournaments.

Again, if Spain didn't have arguably the best NT of all time back then, I'd agree with you.
But Löw went:
2008 out vs Spain
2010 out vs Spain
2012 out vs Italy (lost to Spain in the final)
2014 winner
2016 out vs France with horrible luck, playing in France

2018 was the only major fuckup IMO

Well it is his fault, but yes I don't expect anything less out of Bierhoff and Grindel, the trifecta of incompetence. Those two complete imbeciles are far more interested in being celebrities then even bothering to do their job.

I guess the WC 2006 bribing scandal hurt the association badly. They cleaned the house and many competent guys (Niersbach) were let go. Ever since the DFB has to hire dumbasses like Grindel, who are way to fucking dumb to bribe somebody and play the FIFA game properly.
Löw was allowed to sourround himself with guys that are happy to be his bitch.

I know it sounds like I'm defending Löw, but I'm also pissed at him.
But at the end of the day, I can't blame the DFB for keeping him around before Russia.
My anger is directed at the DFB that had a perfect opportunity to kick Löw to the curb, but didn't.

Loew's issues are far greater than relying on just a few people here he shouldn't. And Loew has been getting the wrong lineup during his entire career with the NT without fail. Every single tournament, every single time. But if you think Loew`s issues is merely selection based, I have been wasting my time here.

My issue isn't that he's playing a certain guy, it's the fucked up/non existent competition for spots.
That said, I think the quality of Germany's squad has been a little overrated since Lahm and Klose stepped down and Schweinsteiger was damaged goods.

Defense:
Neuer still hasn't recovered from his foot injury. Hummels/Boateng look like they are 35 yrs old.
There are 0 wing defenders with a German passport in this world.
It says a lot when a 2.Bundesliga guy like Hector is untouchable.

Midfield:
Kimmich is amazing and that's it. Kroos has proven that he will never be THE GUY, he's not a leader.
Gündo, Emre, Goretzka, Rudy, Khedira are above average.
Müller is a mess.

Attack:
Sane and Draxler haven't won starting spots outright at their clubs. Reus gonna Reus.
Werner could be the answer, but can't fill the #9 role we need. Brandt shows flashes here and there.

So blame Löw all you want but the steep decline of our available talent played a large role this summer and in Amsterdam on Saturday.

Would Klopp or Heynckes do better than Löw with that squad? Probably. But only by a round or two, this team isn't winning shit in 2020 and the sights should be set for 2024.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Because there is nothing else to watch.

It's a bit like how everyone who owns a Switch plays Zelda.
One of the my only gaming purchase regrets. I knew I wouldn't like it based on the e3 footage too, but stupid GAF/ERA.

I keep thinking about what to play on it and I end up on PC or PS4 instead these days. Spelunky 2 gotta come out.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
You should play the DLC at some point. They're not amazing or anything, but you can usually pick up both for a few quid each during a sale. System Rift should last you about 2-3 hours, while A Criminal Past is about 4-5 hours.
I'll keep an eye out for them

Damn

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
You should play Human Revolution: Directors Cut
I'll give it a go if I ever get the chance

We have a hero in our midst.
Jesus Christ at that guys timeline. He basically asks his 200 bot followers to harass the author of the article, but in a 'respectful' manner. Wasn't aware there was a respectful way to harass people in the name of paedophilia.

His banner pic on the twitter account is literally a pic of a schoolgirl's crotch

Last edited:

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
RIP Spain.

Laughing at how, once again (just like with Lopetegui as well) some Spanish papers (aka Marca and As mostly) were predicting they were gonna be the new World or Euro Champs just after a couple of wins. I mean, they're currently always one of the top favourites, but they hype themselves a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.