• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrayToes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whole lotta yikes itt.

By the way, Mike might be having his foot amputated tonight. Or maybe it's just swollen from his new shoes. Either way, he blames the cunt mod that banned him.

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yikes.png
phil-mitchell.gif

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see the yikes justice warriors are ruining this thread.

I just want to talk about football man. Let us celebrate Welbeck.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Celtic costing me 50p. Damn you, Rodgers!!!

Sorry for getting you hopes up, hope that 50p wasn't your RDR2 money :(

Loserkusen continues to be themselves. What a bunch of jobbers.

Every single year.
How the fuck can you come back from 1-0 away, turn the table and still lose? In Switzerland.....
No idea what their coach is doing, because their squad is very, very talented this season.
Havertz, Brandt, Bailey, Volland, the Bender twins, Wendell, Weiser..... there's no excuse to not win at Zürich

Good thing we got Frankfurt

Eintracht isn't in Europe often, but when they are, they turn up.

Overall I'm really happy how the Bundesliga teams are doing (after last year's shitshow).
Pretty sure all three EL teams will advance, Frankfurt is kinda already thru.
In UCL Bayern (duh) and BVB will go on for sure, while Schalke and Hoffenheim are still unbeaten in much better shape than I expected them to be at that point.

Heelpop

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone here bought RDR2, how is it? Thought about buying it but seeing my insane backlog and reading that DF thread about PS4 version being a bit shite (and the hyperbole surrounding it) is kinda putting me off.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone here bought RDR2, how is it? Thought about buying it but seeing my insane backlog and reading that DF thread about PS4 version being a bit shite (and the hyperbole surrounding it) is kinda putting me off.
Finished it. Barely a 6/10.

When shoeing your horse, choose the 6cm nails, they give +10% speed and only -2% carry weight. Well worth the extra cost and time to hammer home.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Happy anniversary pals. Room 416 in the Hilton in Manchester for our anniversary is booked. Flower petals on the bed and champagne is currently in the ice bucket. See you there about 6pm

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Mixed feelings about RDR2 so far. The intro is a slog and your character moves like a tank. But the presentation is phenomenal. Only a few hours in though and it has yet to really open up.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the RDR 2 thread is devolving into people's legitimate constructive criticism of the game being shot down as impatient hot-takes.

but to be honest Coldplay has some good tracks

Tracks? Plural!?!

You fruity bugger...

No worries. I'll just put a shiny £1 coin on Cardiff beating Liverpool and then when it happens (because it obviously will) I can buy a shiny new console to go with the game.

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Mixed feelings about RDR2 so far. The intro is a slog and your character moves like a tank. But the presentation is phenomenal. Only a few hours in though and it has yet to really open up.

Game reviewers love everything but actually playing games it seems. Presentation and production values are the most important thing

Told ya

Hype was too strong for the reviews to turn out otherwise

No, I don't accept the possibility that it's actually a good game, see: the horse argument

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Told ya

Hype was too strong for the reviews to turn out otherwise

No, I don't accept the possibility that it's actually a good game, see: the horse argument

On the other hand the reviewers also know that anybody who would have dared to criticise the game or give it a lower ranking would have been shred to pieces not to mention the potential downfall from R* side. There aren't many people who would stand in front of the hype machine.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017

Yeah, I got up at 6am to play it. Thank god I "work" from home today, I'm 5h in LOL.....
It's great...... but I'm not blown away at a 97/100 level tbqh.

It's a little overwhelming, every mundane task is tricky to perform and the way the game handles tutorials is confusing.

Example:
I shot a racoon, skinned it, picked it up, put it on my horse. Rode back to camp and tried to hand the corpse to the chef.
Everytime I drop it, my guy gets zoomed back to the campfire and on the top right it says "hand in caarcasses at the chefs table"....
Oh and don't get started on the inventory mechanics.....

Says alot that I'm taking a voluntary break right now to cook myself some food. If the game truly was a 10/10 I would have ordered a pizza.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great...... but I'm not blown away at a 97/100 level tbqh.

I felt similar about Breath of the Wild. Wasn't a transformative experience at first, but the size, scope and smaller details of the world cemented it for me. I'm not even a Zelda guy either, BotW is literally the only one I've ever enjoyed.

I'm pretty set for RDR2 to not "blow me away", but I'm confident the atmosphere of the world will be worth the journey.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
Yeh suspected the scores were a bit much, reviews are more about polish and a lack of obvious flaws then actual qualities these days

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh suspected the scores were a bit much, reviews are more about polish and a lack of obvious flaws then actual qualities these days

GTAIV's metacritic score of about 4million percent is all you need to refer to when it comes to Rockstar games. People lose all rational thought during the hype period for these games.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
In other news, Dion Dublin got called a black bastard by some rando woman in Chesterfield and tweeted about it and has now had a swathe of apologies from people for the woman being a thundercunt.

Also, Mou says he can't drop Lukaku becase we don't have any options. No other wingers and Sanchez isn't fit/is shit.

YAY

Be playing RDR tonight for a bit. Poxy wedding tomorrow gettin in my way
Weird innit that we all feel the need to adhere to social norms and not ditch a wedding when we have other things we'd rather be doing like inserting rusty nails into our hands and feet roman style.

Last edited:

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
In other news, Dion Dublin got called a black bastard by some rando woman in Chesterfield and tweeted about it and has now had a swathe of apologies from people for the woman being a thundercunt.

Also, Mou says he can't drop Lukaku becase we don't have any options. No other wingers and Sanchez isn't fit/is shit.

YAY

Weird innit that we all feel the need to adhere to social norms and not ditch a wedding when we have other things we'd rather be doing like inserting rusty nails into our hands and feet roman style.
It's my sisters wedding and she's on the crazy side of the eccentric scale. Should be fun

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Also, the racist arse on the Ryan Air flight says he's not a racist.

"I probably lost my temper a bit and ordered her to get up," he said.

"I'm not a racist person by any means and it's just a fit of temper at the time, I think.

"I apologise for all the distress you've had there and since."

Shockingly, the two women rejected his apology. Of course all this happened live on Good Morning Britain.

It's my sisters wedding and she's on the crazy side of the eccentric scale. Should be fun
Ahh yeah you can't ditch a direct famalam wedding. That's harsh.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Every single year.
How the fuck can you come back from 1-0 away, turn the table and still lose? In Switzerland.....
No idea what their coach is doing, because their squad is very, very talented this season.
Havertz, Brandt, Bailey, Volland, the Bender twins, Wendell, Weiser..... there's no excuse to not win at Zürich

Eintracht isn't in Europe often, but when they are, they turn up.

Overall I'm really happy how the Bundesliga teams are doing (after last year's shitshow).
Pretty sure all three EL teams will advance, Frankfurt is kinda already thru.
In UCL Bayern (duh) and BVB will go on for sure, while Schalke and Hoffenheim are still unbeaten in much better shape than I expected them to be at that point.
WHat is their coach doing? To me, more like he should be fired. It's just a pathetic performance, and it stands out since every other club did relatively well.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Also for the people who don't have a console or have no interest in Red Dead Redemption: Thronebreaker is a legitimately great game. Even if you don't like card games.

Status
Not open for further replies.