• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Do Everton count? Because they're still missing a striker tbh and they're spending a lot this window.
I'm not really super aware of how each team is doing, but a team like Everton missing a (proper) striker is indeed weird. Bad planning or just getting unlucky (aka, other teams managing to grab their targets a bit faster)?

Im predicting Fulham, West Brom and Brighton going down this year.
Always feel kinda bad for Fulham since I usually like black & white teams (side-effect of my own team I guess).

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I think Brighton will be fine.

I think Sheffield United are nowhere near as good this season. Also think Wolves will struggle a little.

I like Brighton as a club, so I hope I'm wrong. Would like to see them stay up. Just not that confident in their club at the moment.

Also I agree about Sheffield. I think they will struggle to get past mid table this year.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Palace getting relegated is the only thing i care about

and west ham just for the comedy

Last edited:

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
I was expecting Newcastle to go down but they've actually made some decent signings so now I dunno. I guess everyone is expecting West Brom and Fulham to get relegated lol?

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really super aware of how each team is doing, but a team like Everton missing a (proper) striker is indeed weird. Bad planning or just getting unlucky (aka, other teams managing to grab their targets a bit faster)?

I don't think they've been linked with anyone really, I know they play Richarlison up top quite a lot but I always think he's more a False Number 9 than anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Hazard, plus they didn't spend much last year because of their ban, plus the FFP rules have been relaxed this year due to Covid means they can spread it out a bit so the hit isn't actually that big.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Who makes the top 4 outside Liverpool and City? Would be interesting if the Spurs do because it feels like most people are expecting Chelsea and then United to make it.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Who makes the top 4 outside Liverpool and City? Would be interesting if the Spurs do because it feels like most people are expecting Chelsea and then United to make it.
United will only get top 4 if we make at least 1 or or preferably 2 additional signings. The squad isn't good enough and isn't trusted enough.

We looked utterly shagged for the last 5 games of restart because of no rotation.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
United will only get top 4 if we make at least 1 or or preferably 2 additional signings. The squad isn't good enough and isn't trusted enough.

We looked utterly shagged for the last 5 games of restart because of no rotation.
I reckon you'll get top 4 with the squad you have now. But I think cups would have to be 2nd priority.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I think Spurs can make top 4 so long as the guys can stay injury free. They made 2 signings that addressed weakness. And there is still a backup striker coming in supposedly. I think a lot of people underestimate our chances. To be fair though. They have to play a ton of games in a real short amount of time. We shall see how that affects the club. Thats why its so key they get another striker.

I have a feeling Chelsea will finish the year really strong. But will struggle a bit at the beginning. They went gung-ho in the window signing half a new first new team. But have those players have yet to play with each other, right? So i could see them take some time before they gel.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! We've (Real Madrid) just strengthened our defense with the 22-year old Spanish defender Claudia Florentino. We've paid Albacete €20,000, and she might be coming from segunda but she's been a starter for the last two seasons and is very capable at reading the game. We badly needed to strengthen our otherwise weak defense, and after Katheleen Sousa slipped I got worried our priorities were in attack alone. Deal should become official on Monday as she have already passed the medical.

www.aupaalba.es

Claudia Florentino se marcha traspasada al Real Madrid

A falta de que el Fundación Albacete y el club blanco lo hagan oficial el lunes, la central ha pasado hoy reconocimiento médico en Madrid para incorporarse a una plantilla que quiere luchar por lo …

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Looks like Martinez is for the off. Villa and Brighton sniffing, valued at around £20m. Feel for him, he's waited years for his chance, grabbed it with both hands and was fabulous. Problem is Leno is better. Hope he can go elsewhere and establish himself as a solid number 1.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Is it time to talk about a mourinho implosion this season?

Just watching the spurs doc. Wow, Danny rose is fucking great.
I said to a spurs fan at work yesterday that the best they can do is hope to ride out the inevitable wave of shite from Mou and come out the other side in OK shape. Nothing more can be expected.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Looks like Martinez is for the off. Villa and Brighton sniffing, valued at around £20m. Feel for him, he's waited years for his chance, grabbed it with both hands and was fabulous. Problem is Leno is better. Hope he can go elsewhere and establish himself as a solid number 1.

20 mil for a 28 year old keeper with 15 Premier league starts is a bargain.

Hope he does well, but Leno is definitely a more proven commodity.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Syder
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.